Dream A Little Dream- LC Dream World Abilities

Tension is actually a pretty good ability in little cup and turns many 3-4 hit Kos into 2hit Kos by negating Oran Berry recovery. Notable users are as follows:

Meowth: Allows for 2HKOs with fake out+Attacking move without worrying about Oran Berry recovery causing it to be a 3HKO etc.

Houndour: I'd prefer flash fire but i guess it could work

Kibago: With powerful moves like Dragon Dance and Swords Dance i think Tension is a no brainer. It allows Kibago that lack a fire type move to 2HKO Bronzor with a boosted Dragon-type STAB without fearing Oran Berry.

Yeah. thats it.

I don't play LC, but SubOran Harvest Exeggcute means total cheapness as Oran heals more than Substitute takes away. Add on Leech Seed and/or Giga Drain for extra fun. Pinch berries can activate twice in a turn and for as long as you stay at 25% or below. Lum+Rest is like Hydration+Drizzle, with status also getting healed in the middle of a turn.

Let's list more.

If you're willing to give up a Machop counter, Regeneration Slowpoke @ Evo-stone will shit on 90% of physical attackers.

You can use Inner Focus Drowzee instead.

EncourageDile may make DDDile more popular than SDDile.

Magic Mirror Natu trolls you.

Mischievous Heart Murkrow and his priority Substitutes do too.

Inconsistent Remoraid, with a bit of luck, might pull off a ragequit.

Vital Spirit Magby and Elekid gain valuable Sleep-immunity.

Water Absorb Cacnea...beh people still won't use it.

Hydrarest DDboa-crap no Drizzle

Guts Shinx...still too slow.

Heat Rampage Drifloon...might work?

Mime Jr gets a 90 BP HP Fighting with Technician. Score!

Mischievous Heart Riolu...can...um...priority stat-boost before Taunt?

And that's the end of the list.

Solar Power Charmander
Too slow, not interesting considering the other excellent Pokemon available for Sunny Day teams.
It might not have Houndour's raw stats (it'd be nice, for sure) but it has the same base speed, plus access to Dragon Dance and Nitro Charge if Speed is an issue... it's probably also worth noting that all Flash Fire pokes (and Mantyke) are OHKO'd by a +1 Rash/Naive Rock Slide. Scarf also works.

I'm not saying it'll be fantastic, or even as good as Magby/Houndour/Hitomoshi, but I think this is definitely worth using on Sun teams. Speed is fixable for Charmander, not as much for other Fire-types.

EncourageDile may make DDDile more popular than SDDile.
ENCOURAGE TOTO. EFF YES.
Feraligatr is on the fast track to OU as it is right now, with Encourage boosting 90% of its useful moves and negating Life Orb recoil. Encourage Toto with DD or even Agility + Waterfall + Ice Punch + Crunch would wreck shit.

Swords-Boost Torchic actually doesn't seem that good to me, seeing as it gets no reliable physical STAB (Nitro Charge redunancy LOL). On the plus side, it does get Quick Attack, which could be useful with Swords Dance (if kinda redundant again with Speed Boost).

Mischievous Heart Murkrow and his priority Substitutes do too.
If Murkrow wasn't broken before it got MH this gen, it sure will be now. Priority Taunts and Roosts, too.

With everyone freaking out about the new Dream World abilities for fully evolved Pokemon, a couple notable LC abilities have kinda fell by the wayside. Hopefully, this topic can shed a little light onto these missed abilities.
Torchic

Base Stats: 45 HP / 60 Atk / 40 Def / 70 SAtk / 50 SDef / 45 Spe

Notable Moves: Swords Dance, Return, Rock Slide, Shadow Claw, Fire Blast, Flamethrower

Dream World Ability: Speed Boost - Speed +1 at end of every turn

Comments: Kinda like Treecko, but with a more passive speed boost. Again, unless you want your movepool to be Fire Blast / Flamethrower / Overheat / (insert some move here or something). This fragment doesn't make much sense.At least with Swords Dance you can get decent coverage. Mixed attacking is possible as well, maybe something like Return / Rock Slide / Fire Blast / Swords Dance.

Cranidos

Base Stats: 67 HP / 125 Atk / 40 Def / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 58 Spe

Notable Moves: Rock Polish, Swords Dance, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Flamethrower

Dream World Ability: Encourage - Moves with secondary effects do 50% more damage, but lose their secondary effect. Encourage boosts power by 30%

Comments: Woohoo. Rock Slide with 12.5% more power than Stone Edge and 90% accuracy? Yes please. Also, you'll note that I listed the elemental beams. Despite 30 Special Attack, the e-beams now have 142.5 Base Power, making Mixed Cranidos actually viable!

So there you go, discuss away! Also, feel free to point out anything viable I missed, or any inaccuracies I may have dropped in.
I am sorry for being a grammar nazi.

Not sure if they've been released yet... but lileep and anorith got some cool new toys. Lileep not only got a water immunity, but also a potential to raise its already decent SpA (though its pretty much limited to Ancient power & giga drain there). Anorith got swift swim, which will always be helpful, considering it already is pretty fast, and has a nice 95 attack.

Okay Murkrow is just silly with Mh.Some guy started running some Bulky set or something and i can never kill it .___. ...Really priority roost is just incredible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)