Battle Spot Dragon Rage - Singles Battle Spot

Prikki

formerly AtomicFish
Thanks for clicking! Or at least looking at a preview, but I have been waiting for a tutor for over three months now and got into the battle spot. I scraped together a team, revised it, and made it better. I think it peaked now, and I need some help now. It's intended to be a team to sweep with Dragonite, Naganadel, or Xerneas. The others are for coverage and support, primarily Metagross. Anyway, here's the team, and any rates help! Also, I use this team casually. Please don't take it too, too seriously.

NOTE THAT THIS TEAM IS INTENDED FOR WHEN SPECIAL POKEMON ARE PERMITTED

Dragonite @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Extreme Speed
This is the first Pokemon, Dragonite. It is a sweeper used in most instances because Multiscale offers the most protection in my opinion compared to Naganadel and Xerneas pre-boost. Earthquake is for coverage, Extreme Speed for... Extreme speed, and Fly is turned into Supersonic Skystrike for a one-time STAB-boosted nuke for some easy wall breaking through annoying targets like Hippowdon. (Did I spell that right?) Other than that, it's a plain and simple sweeper. Plus I think it's fun to sweep a legendary-spammer's team with just a meme like this.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
Metagross is one of the most useful support Pokemon on my team because of the Steel typing, Meteor Mash, and Ice Punch supporting my team by taking out threats like Xerneas. It also provides nice no-boost sweep potential because Meteor Mash can boost attack, as well as dealing unreal damage for an unboosted move. There's nothing else to say, because it only does two jobs. However, he does this job really well.

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog
Tornadus is another support unit, intended to support Naganadel and Dragonite by using Defog to clear Stealth Rock, Spikes, etc. as well as U-Turning into another support unit or offensive unit. Regenerator keeps it in the fight, and Hurricane gives it offensive presence and punishes Taunt users. Knock Off is also for support, especially against tanks by removing items... As if it was useful in other aspects... But it can take Leftovers off Toxapex, Hippowdon, Chancey, etc.

Naganadel @ Focus Sash
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 20 HP / 228 SpA / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Wave
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
Another sweeper that is probably the heaviest hitter here. Nasty Plot doubles it's 127 base SP. ATK allowing it to blow through almost anything. The sweep gets even better when the Beast Boost raises SPD for each KO. Sludge Wave is the most spammable move here, with perfect accuracy and STAB. Fire Blast is primarily for coverage to blast through Magearna that would otherwise wall it. It also can shoot a super effective blast to other Steels/Ices like Metagross. Draco Meteor is a move I don't like using, but I'm not afraid to break a wall with it. It is absolutely insane when boosted, blowing right through almost anything.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 168 Def / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Hidden Power Fire
The last dedicated sweeper in this team. The bane of every Uber player's existence, it's the infamous Power Herb Xerneas. It's pretty much just like as it is in Ubers, Moonblast for STAB and damage, Thunder and HP Fire for coverage. It is an alternate choice over the other sweepers because it's a Fairy type, and can take on other Fairies and Ice-types much, much better than Dragonite/Naganadel can. If the opponent is running Xerneas, Kyurem-B, or a Mega Rayquaza that'll outspeed Naganadel and break through Dragonite's Multiscale, Xerneas can do much better.

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail
Last but not least, we have the last support member. It's for damage support, of course, as well as being able to take a hit after Power Construct is activated. It's mostly for cleanup after Naganadel's sweep if it was forced into a Draco Meteor, or some other sweep-ending occasion. It doesn't have to do that, though. Outrage can pop Dragon-types, Iron Tail can take bulkier Fairy-types as well as Ice-types if Metagross either can't or is at a disadvantage (Against a Dark-type, Ghost-type, etc.)

Anyway, that's it! It's probably discord and sloppy to Smogon's standards, but it works. It has a decent win rate (I'd say 60-70%) and it really needs some help. I don't mind large changes because it's such a sloppy team, but it is a casual team so keep that in mind. And again, it is intended to permit special Pokemon, so please keep that in mind as well! Thanks for reading!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)