Dragon Quest: Tactics

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
is a Contributor to Smogon
Dragon-Quest-Tact_09-28-20.jpg

Does anyone play this. I haven't found a thread for it in cong and I'd like to discuss the game here.

I keep getting shafted on the dragon lord: True form summons. The best pulls I've got are 2 S rank dudes but I can't remember their names atm.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
As a huge DQ fan, I know nothing about this. Your post makes it seem like a gacha though.

At the risk of having someone run in here and throwing up a lmgtfy link, can you elaborate on it a bit more? This franchise has never disappointed me in any of its main games or spin-offs, so this could be a potentially great thing for me.

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
As a huge DQ fan, I know nothing about this. Your post makes it seem like a gacha though.

At the risk of having someone run in here and throwing up a lmgtfy link, can you elaborate on it a bit more? This franchise has never disappointed me in any of its main games or spin-offs, so this could be a potentially great thing for me.

Its a free to play Mobile multi-player gacha game where you collect and fight with iconic Dragon Quest monsters. Its a lot of fun and I've been playing non stop for the past 3 days. Grinding isn't too bad once you learn how to actually make shit stronger since they provide you with plenty of skip tickets. There's also an auto fight button where the monsters just fight without you controlling them.

Does this help? If you have any other questions lemme know and I'll answer them.

EDIT: I'm also a huge Dragon Quest fan even though I've only played one game. It was dragon quest 9 for the DS. The game was life changing as a young gamer. Shit was amazing and the art is from Akira toriyama so the style was alot like dbz and I loved it.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
The word "Tactics" in the title is making me thing it's akin to something like fire emblem or FFT, but that's not necessarily a deal breaker for me. Or is it the traditional JRPG goodness we've come to love with the franchise?

Regardless, I'll be giving it a download and trying it out tomorrow, unless it's a bitch to reroll for lol.

EDIT: I'm dumb, didn't even notice you posted a vid. It didn't show up on my phone right away, oops. Definitely looks fun now!

Last edited:

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
I've reached kind of a stand still with my team as gems are really hard to come by and im not sure if I should save my Queen Slime and Slionheart tickets.

Screenshot_20210315-223920_DQ TACT.jpg

This is what I'm running so far. The team is not optimized and it's struggling since most of the stages are 13000 at this point.

Pickled slime, Night Clubber, Hell Gladiator, Hellion, and Dark Skelton.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)