DP OU Speed team

Hi this is my first team posted on this forum. I have tinkered quite a bit, switching back and forth as certain threats devastated my strategy from time to time but gradually moving to the ninjask led speed team.

So intro covered; here's the team

Ninjask (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Protect
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- X-Scissor

The strategist. Basic strategy involves somehow getting a speed boost or two, usually involving rotating protect/substitute, then passing it to someone. If tricky taunters are leading, protect and pass, if stealth rockers, get the sub up first, then protect and pass. He HATES SR, justifying starmie's existence, and has x-scissor to revenge-kill v low health (~15/less) or give azelf a horrible time

Dragonite (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Not usually the first poke passed to. Very powerful, and used to remove something troublesome, that I am struggling to deal with. Outrage w/Choice Band is hilariously damaging to most bar steels (who I can deal with in other ways), ExtremeSpeed obv useful priority, Earthquake bit of a gamble, but I use if have to. Superpower is the weak link. Not quite sure what I can change it to.
This is an area still under change as I am not 100% that the choice band is worth using over Life Orb.

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spd
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Spore
- Seed Bomb

Captain Twat. Devastating when passed speed and/or sub. Often passed to early to pop someone to sleep, then draw out counters and switch. Pretty happy with Brelooms set, fairly standard fare.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

I have toyed many times with trying another spinner, but so far starmie's ability, speed and special attack just about keep it there. A spinner of some sort is ESSENTIAL, otherwise it is very tricky to send in ninjask in multiple times. Also I have toyed with whether a choice scarf or life orb, would appreciate advice on this.

Heatran (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse

Another core powerhouse to the team. With the moves I have gone for, he is a nightmare, often sweeping the body out of teams when passed speed/sub. Great in conjunction w/ ninjask, as people often try using fire which simply powers up flash fire.

Octillery (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Suction Cups
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Surf
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Hmmm.....you will be unsurprised to hear that that everyone's favourite octopus was the last pokemon onto the team, replacing Metagross who was rarely that useful tbh. He is a UU poke for a good reason, terrible speed, flimsy defences combing horribly. However it doesn't take a genius to realise why I picked him. He is so rarely used, that when people see ninjask they think ' okay lets send someone in with roar/whirlwind, set up then roar him out ' which hilariously often allows me to send octillery a sub and speed, allowing him to often take out a poke or two, often the roarer. He does have his limitations, especially as even w/ Life orb, he is not the hardest hitter around. Plus he can be walled by simply predicting my next attack, although that can be risky for the opposing team. I am not sure about him, and keep wondering, is there some better cover for phazers that I can feasibly use.....?

Summary

So that is the team. I expect immediately to get the chat ' ninjask cannot be used against better players '. That is less than constructive, and I have got as high as top 100 in dp ou through luck/judgement, so it has something going for it.

Main Problems
The main problems are limited to a few key areas; swampert/skarmory are often tricky but less since the introduction of octillery.

Rotom/Gengar can be tricky, as they a)block rapid spin b) are hard to switch into.
Well organised teams that use clever prediction to stall out my life-orbers are a pain, Leads that I mispredict (eg a jirachi once tricked a choice scarf to ninjask gg my fault) and finally the pink pincushion that is blissey. He can either be a godsend or obliterator. Either I can use him to set up, or he paralyzes and tosses my teams out of existence, with heatran and starmie unable to touch him.

So there we go, I would love feedback as I feel this team still has a lot potential to be improved
Regards,
milky185

The first problem I see is the lack of Stealth Rock.
With no Stealth Rock, you may be missing many KOs due to not only unbroken Sashes, but also just not having the strength to grab that last bit of HP. Stealth Rock is a staple on any team, and will help extremely great for offensive teams like this.

I know, the thing is I am not sure who has time to put it down. But I see your point, I am trying to work out what to do about the last spot, weighing up roar resistance vs a more powerful or just something different into the mix, maybe a wall or SR poke.

Thank you for your opinion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)