XY Doubles Doubles RMT - Attackers Pressure

Hi,

I decided to build a VGC team. I must admit I don't have so much experience with VGC Doubles, I do win a lot with this team, but sometimes I lose and I feel this team is missing something.
I hope you will be able to help me. Well enjoy my RMT.

This is my team:

Gardevoir (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball
First there is Gardevoir. I really feel this Pokémon is good. He can outrun Timid Noivern with a Scarf and pretty much destroy Pokémon with powerful moves it can learn.
Dazzling Gleam hits both opponents, its STAB and its good coverage move. Psychic is second STAB and main reason of keeping it here is because of Mega Venusaur, that's really annoying Pokémon (he can be pretty much destroyed just by Gardevoir or Talonflame). Energy Ball is mainly against Wash Rotom, but can work well (very very well) against Quagsire and Gastrodon. Shadow Ball is coverage move against other Psychic Pokémon and Aegislash (just to hurt him), also it provides neutral damage against Steel type, where other three attacks would fail to deal good damage.

Manectric (M) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Protect
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
This is kinda common Manectric. Thunderbolt as his main STAB. Overheat over Flamethrower because it deals more damage (in first two turns I guess). HP Ice is coverage against Dragon types and all those ×4 Ice weak Pokémon you definately know. I used to play Volt Switch, but later I changed it to Protect, not just to live the turn I want use Mega Evo, but it also comes to be useful in various situations (and I can use EQ on Garchomp, while they're on the field).
Lightning Rod is also fine, I can boost Manectric's Sp.Atk by using T-wave on Murkrow (but that's on rare occasions), sometimes it's good to guard my team from being T-waved.

Talonflame (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Sleep Talk
Standart Talonflame set. Brave Bird is main STAB, that works fine with Gale Wings. Flare Blitz is here pretty much to take care of some Steel types (Aggron, Ferrothorn). U-turn is against T-tar and it is also one of very few coverage moves Talonflame can learn. Sleep Talk is here because of Dark Void and fact that Talonflame doesn't have so much usable moves anyway.
Jolly nature is here so he could be able to outspeed some slow DDancers (T-tar) etc.

Murkrow (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Tailwind
- Taunt
- Swagger
- Thunder Wave
This is my support Murkrow. I use Murkrow because he has Prankster and he's immune to EQ.
He can Swagger my opponent's Pokémon, so I have time to do some stuff with other Pokémon. Tailwind helps against Speed Tie with Garchomp and against already boosted DDancers and scarfers. Taunt is here because I don't want to get Taunted and sometimes it can mess with opponent's strategy. T-wave is here to cripple opponent, to use Parafusion or to boost Manectric (depends).
Also I can use Swagger onto my Garchomp, so he get +2 and cured with Lum Berry.

Garchomp (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Slide
- Protect
Well, Garchomp. EQ is his main STAB and multi-target move, that hurts for very much damage. Dragon Claw over Outrage because Outrage stupidly forbids to choose target. Rock Slide is another multi-target move that works well against Charizard Y and other flying types that EQ cannot touch (also works fine on Rotom-H). Protect is filler and it works well.
Lum Berry over other stuff so I could use Swagger onto him and it also helps against Will-O-Wispers.

Meowstic (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swagger
- Safeguard
- Light Screen
- Fake Out
My second support Pokémon. This one is little bit different. Swagger is here because I can boost Garchomp's attack and also against opponent's special attackers it is good confusion. Safeguard is here because while using Swagger onto Garchomp/Talonflame I can save my Lum Berry. Also it protects from opponent's status and thats always good. Fake Out is to stop one of my opponent's Pokémon and sometimes giving chance to destroy fast threats with other Pokémon that would be outrun and decimated otherwise. Light Screen is filler and I use it over Reflect because my Manectric already has Intimidate, so Light Screen deals with special attackers.​

Well let me know what do you think of my team and maybe suggest some changes.
I do accept all changes and I test them, however I don't test legendary Pokémon (Zapdos, Lati@s) because I am not able to get them (well I guess most of them aren't able to be used anyway).

Thx for reading ;)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)