Doubles OU Stage 2: Room Tours and Voting Reqs Opportunities

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Let's be real: while it's better during a suspect test, the Doubles OU ladder is largely gimmick city, mostly populated by players who have no intention of playing at the highest levels. As a result, it can be difficult for potential voters to get enough experience with a Mega Salamence metagame to form an educated opinion. Because of this, I've decided to create a couple more opportunities to face off against skilled Doubles OU players.

Room tournaments in the Doubles OU room be held every day, with at least one every three hours (if possible). On odd-numbered days (May 31st, June 5th, etc.) tournaments will be held in the Suspect metagame, where Mega Salamence is legal. On even-numbered days, tournaments will be held in the standard metagame, with no Mega Salamence. These tournaments will start May 26th.

Live Voting Reqs Tours! We're going to take a page out of OU's book and run at least one of these tournaments. These will be simple, elimination-style tournaments in the Suspect metagame. Placing high in one of these tournaments will automatically fill your battling requirement to vote! (You still have to post.) Our first (and so far only) tournament will take place on Saturday, June 6th at a time to be determined (estimate: afternoon GMT -5).

Participation in these tournaments is entirely optional. Neither the room tours nor the suspect tour are required to vote. However, participation in these tours will give you more experience playing with and against Mega Salamence, allowing you to make a more educated vote. Also, they're fun. Why not join?

Last edited:

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor
>the Doubles OU ladder is largely gimmick city, mostly populated by players who have no intention of playing at the highest levels

brb hiding my teeter dance teams and my victini teams and my surf spam team and my mega gengar sludge wave team...

also yay more tours!

I like the sound of this and I hope it does bring the Salamencite suspect test vote in a positive direction that would be beneficial to the Smogon Doubles metagame as a whole. I am still deciding whether Mega Salamence deserves to stay in Doubles OU or not, but so far I think it's not as bad as it was in the early metagame. Though, that is always subject to change should something come up in testing or someone convinces me otherwise.

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
>the Doubles OU ladder is largely gimmick city, mostly populated by players who have no intention of playing at the highest levels

brb hiding my teeter dance teams and my victini teams and my surf spam team and my mega gengar sludge wave team...

also yay more tours!
fuck your victini team

> [07:05] +Meloettaaa: tfw you won a tournament 2 days ago
> [07:05] +Meloettaaa: for the first time in your life

for real though if people start choking a lot against me I might have a chance to win a few of these tournaments. I think it's a good initiative to actually have a lot more tournaments as ladder doesn't really provide good play often times, and room tournaments are always fun.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Because I'm an idiot who forgets about things he plans, the reqs tournament will be moved to Sunday, June 7th at 7:00 PM EST. Or EDT, whichever the fuck it is. I'll send out a tweet before it starts.

Because I'm an idiot who forgets about things he plans, the reqs tournament will be moved to Sunday, June 7th at 7:00 PM EST. Or EDT, whichever the fuck it is. I'll send out a tweet before it starts.
Are we open to join the tournament whether or not we have reqs
I think it'll up the competition for it

Stratos

Banned deucer.
WHAT NO I CANT MAKE THIS TIME MOVE IT BACK MOVE IT BACK (I CAN MAKE 7:30)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)