Doubles CCAT #2 - Completed!

Ohey! Voting is over. Ill tally this up when I wake up.

Happy Birthday to me though!

Pwne edit: PenInk's cresselia wins, let's get to submissions

Last edited by a moderator:
PenInk - 11
Srk - 3
blankzero - 0 :(

Looks like we now have EBelt Cress on the team!

Go ahead and begin nominating your 5th mon. I'll update the OP shortly.

You have 3 days to nominate. please make sure it fits the team well.

No troll picks please.

BLOOD TOTEM

braine damaged
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
imo we need some Huge Power

--->

Ephixa (Mawile) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Fang
- Protect

WHY VOTE MAWILE
  • 132 speed to beat TTar, Sylveon, Scizor and whatever else sits in that kinda tier
  • Intimidate brings some more attack control to the table
  • More Priority = Good
  • Potential shenanigans with TR cress
  • Generally great damage output
  • Fairy resist and Dragon immune

Also, whoever nominated the Pokemon that don't have nicknames should think of some imo.

call cress space jam imo

Last edited:
imo we need some Huge Power

--->

Ephixa (Mawile) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Fang
- Protect

WHY VOTE MAWILE
  • 132 speed to beat TTar, Sylveon, Scizor and whatever else sits in that kinda tier
  • Intimidate brings some more attack control to the table
  • More Priority = Good
  • Potential shenanigans with TR cress
  • Generally great damage output
  • Fairy resist and Dragon immune

Also, whoever nominated the Pokemon that don't have nicknames should think of some imo.

call cress space jam imo
The fact that you named it Ephixa makes me want to vote for this set regardless of the mon actually in it.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
How about the fact that we basically just die to SubTran. Terrakion can't beat it on its own. And it can set up on Salamence on 3/4 of its moves and on Cresselia. And Bisharp isn't exactly outright beating it either.

Mega Mawile makes it even worse. I'm not sure what we need, but it ain't that.

Something that can take on SubTran and absorb burns?

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 16 Def / 144 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

• Attack EVs are enough to OHKO Garchomp with Ice Punch and 252 HP Tyranitar with Drain Punch. Will also 2HKO Landorus-T and Salamence after Intimidate and 2HKO 252 HP Rotom-W with a Guts boost (or Helping Hand from Cress.)
  • 4HKOed by Heatran Heat Wave, 3HKOed by Modest Charizard-Y Heat Wave and Cresselia Psyshock and 2HKOed by LO Latios Psyshock.
  • Works well in Trick Room.
  • Can switch into Will-O-Wisps or Thunder Waves intended for teammates and net an attack boost out of it.

Something that can take on SubTran and absorb burns?

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 16 Def / 144 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

• Attack EVs are enough to OHKO Garchomp with Ice Punch and 252 HP Tyranitar with Drain Punch. Will also 2HKO Landorus-T and Salamence after Intimidate and 2HKO 252 HP Rotom-W with a Guts boost (or Helping Hand from Cress.)
  • 4HKOed by Heatran Heat Wave, 3HKOed by Modest Charizard-Y Heat Wave and Cresselia Psyshock and 2HKOed by LO Latios Psyshock.
  • Works well in Trick Room.
  • Can switch into Will-O-Wisps or Thunder Waves intended for teammates and net an attack boost out of it.
That's pretty much what we need ya. Too bad it can't handle Intim as well, but it isn't a Mega, so that helps out our Glue mon especially well.

Are those VGC EVs though?

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I like AssVest conk a lot. I was going to nominate a Gyarados, but I decided it made us too weak to Bisharp to have Double intimidate and a Cress. It puts too much pressure on Terrakion alone.

AssVest Conk has my full support, though the EVs probably could use work.

That's pretty much what we need ya. Too bad it can't handle Intim as well, but it isn't a Mega, so that helps out our Glue mon especially well.

Are those VGC EVs though?
No, just something I came up with. There might be a way to hit the defensive benchmarks I wanted (namely 3HKO by Modest Char-Y Heat Wave and 2HKO by LO Latios Psyshock) with less HP for better Drain Punch recovery and/or more attack but messing with a damage calculator for about an hour I couldn't find a better spread. I thought about more attack investment to better deal with Intimidate users but you need full attack investment, Iron Fist or Hammer Arm to guarantee the 2HKO of 252 HP Scrafty and 188 attack and Iron Fist to OHKO Lando-T so I didn't think it was worth it.

Feel free to work on the spread, though. I'm pretty bad at it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)