Don't use IRC's TIBot or PS! for Base Stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi everyone. It was brought to my attention that the base stats on IRC's TIBot and PS! (both draw from the same source) for XY mons are not real. In reality, there is a team of researchers that are painstakingly calculating the base stats for all of the XY mons. Not too many of the Pokemon's base stats are confirmed; there are a good amount that have an acceptable range of possible base stats, however. I am going to whip up a list of Pokemon whose stats are and are not confirmed and I'd please ask if owners of their respective threads edit their threads accordingly. Thanks!

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
P.s. The stats in TIBot / PS! are not "estimates", they are completely fabricated save for a few confirmed ones. If your stats came from TIBot / PS!, please edit your op's base stats to be x / x / x / x / x / x until a moderator approves them.

I've read that the 'official pokedex' for x and y won't be released until January. Does this mean most base stats will likely be estimates until then, or will the estimites become accurate enough (through lots of trial and error) so they are in face reliable?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
The official pokedex will not contain base stats. They always use that ridiculous bar or dot system. The researchers here and elsewhere will have determined accurate base stats for almost if not all mons by January.

people have already managed to hack the game and found previously undiscovered pokemon. Pretty sure that they could hack some more and find out the actual base stats for the pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)