Other Metagames doctors hate these pokemon: AG rtm peaked #1 at 2081 elo

Fardin

Tournament Banned
Before I start. excuse my typing. too lazy to do it formally. (also its my first rtm so it might look ugly ;) )

hi. my name is fardin, and im here to spread my cancer that I've built a couple of weeks ago. this team started out as a semi stall built around mega diancie, because I really liked magic bounce. as I started to make changes to the team, I decided to just make this a stall. therefor I pretty much just changed a couple of mons and sets, and also switched dia with sab because, why not. I managed to peak with this team and win a couple of games in the official ag tour. Before I began, let me just give a huge Shoutout to Quantum Tesseract for helping me with the RTM. I couldnot have done it w/o him. (also s/o to thimo for the title)

lets begin with sableya.

Sableye @ Sablenite

Ability: Prankster

EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD

Calm Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Recover

- Night Shade

- Will-O-Wisp

- Protect

S/O to Thimo for the set.
A stable on every good stall team, Mega Sableye acts as a general glue. Thanks to it’s excellent typing and ability, it checks many dangerous stall- and Wallbreakers, from Mewtwo with taunt and Deoxys-Attack with offensive power to Klefki with Spikes stack. It also acts as a decent check to Arceus of nearly every form, and can scout for sets with Protect so that I can safely switch and avoid lures. Will-o-Wisp keeps it from being a free switch to the likes of Arceus and Yveltal, while Night Shade deals solid damage to nearly everything and allows it to take on substitute Darkrai that lack Nasty Plot.

Giratina @ Leftovers

Ability: Pressure

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe

Impish Nature

- Rest

- Dragon Tail

- Toxic

- Defog

Thanks to it’s excellent typing and bulk, Giratina is one of the few pokemon that can reliably and repeatedly switch into Primal Groudon. While it greatly dislikes Swords Dance sets,It can deal with those should need be with Dragon Tail. Pressure+Defog allows it to stall out and remove Stealth Rocks, while Rest keeps it healthy throughout the match. Toxic is the lea important move, but it still fulfills an important role in crippling switch ins.

Chansey @ Eviolite

Ability: Natural Cure

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD

Bold Nature

- Toxic

- Soft-Boiled

- Aromatherapy

- Seismic Toss

While it does make the team weaker to Mega Gengar, Chansey was the only real option for a main special wall. Blissey is too easily chipped into range of common attacks, and fails utterly to deal with Calm Mind Primal Kyogre. It also acts a decent answer to xerneas and Calm Mind arceus, although it can’t be relied on. The last draw, however, is Aromatherapy. Thanks to its absurd special bulk, Chansey often doesn’t need to recover after switching into one. It has a lot of free turns to use Aromatherapy in, whether to wake up Giratina or to cure Clefable / Quagsire of status. Seismic toss is mainly to avoid being complete taunt bait, but it also allows Chansey to defeat Substitute Xerneas.

Quagsire @ Leftovers

Ability: Unaware

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def

Impish Nature

- Earthquake

- Counter

- Haze

- Recover

The first unaware wall of the team, Quagsire excels at dealing with Normal Arceus. It can also 1v1 even Choice Band Mega Rayquaza, and deals with Arceus Steel, who can’t be Toxiced. Haze, while seemingly an odd choice, allows Quagsire to beat stall teams and prevents crits from sweeping the team. Counter is crucial to this set, as its the only way that Quagsire can 1v1 Rayquaza Groudon, and Recover keeps it healthy throughout the match. Earthquake allows it to stop Klefki, damage Arceus Steel, and stop it from being taunt bait.

Clefable @ Leftovers

Ability: Unaware

EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD

Calm Nature

- Moonblast

- Wish

- Protect

- Calm Mind

The second unaware wall, Clefable is also the mandatory Darkrai answer. It walls most CM Arceus, Geomancy Xerneas, and Lum Extreme killer Arceus. Calm Mind may seem like an bad move, but this team lacks a real win condition and Clefable has many setup opportunities vs opposing stall, as well as potentially allowing clefable to defeat Primal Kyogre. With the given EV spread, Clefable can still live 1 Adamant Dragon Ascent, so it can also answer that in a pinch. Wish is the only reliable recovery that Unaware Clefable gets, so it and Protect are all but mandatory, but Wish can also heal another team member in a pinch, and Protect is great for scouting for lures.

Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate

Ability: Multitype

EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpD

Bold Nature

- Recover

- Will-O-Wisp

- Judgment

- Stealth Rock

The mandatory Ho-Oh check, this set also does quite well against other threats, from wallbreakers like Choice Band Mega Rayquaza to stallbreakers like Taunt Yveltal. The Special defense allows it to live a Life Orb Draco Meteor and Recover it off, as well as live 2 dark pulses 100% of the time from Modest Life Orb Yveltal. Moonblast if hax defeats Clefable and Chansey. Wisp is there because it’s status as a rock type means it doesn’t need toxic for Ho-Oh, and Stealth Rock is slotted in because it doesn’t fit elsewhere and to further its role as a Ho-Oh check. Judgement allows it to force out Flying-types such as the aforementioned Mega Rayquaza and KO them

Here is the only replay you'll need to watch to know how this team works: vs Chloe the AG Queen.

PASTEBIN: http://pastebin.com/dbnJrpMf(idk how to make this nicer)

Threatlist:
Pdon: only reliable switch in is Giratina. Always make sure to toxic, otherwiseit can just come in on most of my pokes and do some heavy damage. If it's SD, u just gonna have to hope for a primal miss or sack something and kill it with Quag. Literally the biggest threat to this team.

Ogre: Usually not a big threat if rocks are down, but if it isn't, water spout can 2ohko most of my team (even chansey with high rolls). Giratina usually switch in on water attacks if chansey is low on health, and u can just go back into chansey for the incoming ice beam. If its calm mind. make sure u toxic stall it out. if it got rest, u can either go to clefable and Cm up, or just giratina if it lacks ice beam.

Rai: Sableya usually can deal with it if it isn't Nasty. Tho if it is. Clefable just counters it.

: If its band, rock ceus can take ascent, and gira can tank eq if it got it. If it's a lum dd set, make sure u go into giratina and Dtail his ass out before it sweeps. Quag can also deal with it, if doesn't have draco meteor. The only set that is threating is LO Ascent, draco and eq, buts its not common and with some plays, rock ceus can take care of it, due to its mixed bulk.

Xern: Chansey can wall it if it isn't +2. otherwise Cm clefis the way to go.

Normal Arceus: Quag just walls the shit out of the SD set.

Mega Gengar(excuse the image): when u see this poke, play carefully, and don't fall for obvious baits. Sableya can wall every one of his moves. Gira can take a Shadow ball and Dtail it, but its not a switch in. If it lacks Focus blast, rock ceus can also take care of it.

Yveltal: Rock ceus is a good switch in if u expect Oblivious wings, other then that, clef can take care of it too. or even sab if it isn't Life orb.

Ho-oh: Rock ceus, and giratina walls it.

Mewtwo: sab takes care of all 3 forms

Quag and Clef literally deals with almost every set up poke except Mray.

Overall, this stall works good and is quite easy to use for everyone.

I don't want to give thanks to anyone. bye and ty for wasting ur time on this ugly rtm.

Attachments

Last edited:
Pretty cool team Fardin and congrats on peaking!

Can sound a bit strange coming from me, but the next time you write an RMT don't mind hitting me up for you know editing the RMT/ for a read. Since this one has a few silly errors here and there I thought you could use my help :]

Fardin

Tournament Banned
Ty bud, I'll sure do. I didn't really care much about the looks tbh, I just wanted to get the team out here. For my next rtm, I'll definitely ask for help though , cause I clearly need it :p

Pretty cool team Fardin and congrats on peaking!

Can sound a bit strange coming from me, but the next time you write an RMT don't mind hitting me up for you know editing the RMT/ for a read. Since this one has a few silly errors here and there I thought you could use my help :]
Ty bud, I'll sure do. I didn't really care much about the looks tbh, I just wanted to get the team out here. For my next rtm, I'll definitely ask for help though , cause I clearly need it :p
I already fixed that for him, but he's being lazy stubborn. :P

In terms of meaningful criticism for the team, may I suggest swapping out Haze on Quagsire? Yes, it helps with stopping sweeps, but I feel like Encore might be a better pick, seeing as it+CM Clefable still defeat (most) Baton Pass, while Encore still discourages whatever setup having two unawares and a phzser didn't. As far as positives go, locking pokemon out of Recovery is great for racking up Toxic chip.
Regardless, very solid team, and very fun to play against when carrying sub+SD+PBlades+Solarbeam Don

Fardin

Tournament Banned
Yh, main reason I got haze on quag is actually Baton Pass teams. With enough boosts, even +4 Sp Def clef can't take a stored power. It's also useful against geo xern, cause most people usually just see quag as the perfect opportunity to set up on. . It can catch them off guard. . . But yh, toxic works better if u know that u r opp doesn't have BP.

Fardin

Tournament Banned
Yh, main reason I got haze on quag is actually Baton Pass teams. With enough boosts, even +4 Sp Def clef can't take a stored power. It's also useful against geo xern, cause most people usually just see quag as the perfect opportunity to set up on. . It can catch them off guard. . . But yh, toxic works better if u know that u r opp doesn't have BP.
BTW encore is rarely useful imo , but I'm a give it a at try cause it sounds fun

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wow what a nice rate team my you have here! Seriously if you have a version that isn't painful to read, just use that dude.

This is already fairly optimized for stall, you can't do much to compensate for most of the weaknesses the team has without it just getting generally messed up and I dont mean this as a criticism, that's just the archetype. I agree that Haze is lame on quag but there's not much else it'd rather be doing, while BP is rare-ish and shitty there's not much reason to auto-lose to it when encore probably won't make a huge difference. Auto-losing to Taunt Darkrai if it gets a single flinch is a bit annoying though so I guess there's that as a reason to try to find a way to get encore onto clefable.

Overall though, any other slightly annoying but rare weaknesses aside like CM Pogre, the team just loses to mega gengar+strong offensive fairy type that plays well around clef and that's a bit too heavy to ignore. It's lame but I'd honestly recommend sacrificing that physical bulk and swapping out chansey for shed shell blissey, it won't make gengar a complete non-issue when it can remove clefable and potentially rockceus but it'll help. You could also try using Twave over Toxic so that you can more reliably wall non-taunt gengar and sitting on it as it fails to do enough damage, but eventually it'll PP stall you into struggles so it'd more be for guaranteeing clefable won't get trapped after. Finally, I'd do fake out on sableye bc protect is kinda lame and it can come in handy late game vs deo-a (unlikely scenario but it's not like you have perfect switchins to the thing so why not, sableye can't really abuse racking up burn damage over 3 turns that well).

oh and btw there is an edit post function so you dont have to quote your post and leave another reply to make this rmt look more active

Fardin

Tournament Banned
Wow what a nice rate team my you have here! Seriously if you have a version that isn't painful to read, just use that dude.

This is already fairly optimized for stall, you can't do much to compensate for most of the weaknesses the team has without it just getting generally messed up and I dont mean this as a criticism, that's just the archetype. I agree that Haze is lame on quag but there's not much else it'd rather be doing, while BP is rare-ish and shitty there's not much reason to auto-lose to it when encore probably won't make a huge difference. Auto-losing to Taunt Darkrai if it gets a single flinch is a bit annoying though so I guess there's that as a reason to try to find a way to get encore onto clefable.

Overall though, any other slightly annoying but rare weaknesses aside like CM Pogre, the team just loses to mega gengar+strong offensive fairy type that plays well around clef and that's a bit too heavy to ignore. It's lame but I'd honestly recommend sacrificing that physical bulk and swapping out chansey for shed shell blissey, it won't make gengar a complete non-issue when it can remove clefable and potentially rockceus but it'll help. You could also try using Twave over Toxic so that you can more reliably wall non-taunt gengar and sitting on it as it fails to do enough damage, but eventually it'll PP stall you into struggles so it'd more be for guaranteeing clefable won't get trapped after. Finally, I'd do fake out on sableye bc protect is kinda lame and it can come in handy late game vs deo-a (unlikely scenario but it's not like you have perfect switchins to the thing so why not, sableye can't really abuse racking up burn damage over 3 turns that well).

oh and btw there is an edit post function so you dont have to quote your post and leave another reply to make this rmt look more active
Ty for the reply. Yh you're right , gar and a strong fairy type is really hard to play against , and can easily break down my team. Thankfully, I've never seen that combo on ladder, and I cant even count the amount of times defensive chansey helped me win a game with its incredible bulk. Ig it would better to use blissey with shed stall, but rarely anyone uses gar+fairy, and that extra bulk in Chansey usually helps against more teams.

About twave over toxic. Toxic is crucial for this team to be able to beat CM arc or just simple bulky arc users,
who would otherwise just stall me out. Tho ig it can work against geo xern and gar, but I usually prefer to wisp gar so it won't be able to come in freely. But I'll give it a try, cause u never know

Btw I wasn't tryna make this thread more active, I just accidentally posted twice instead editing, and it was too much of a bother to fix it on phone. Stop trying to assume stuff smh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)