VGC Ditto

yuki

Huh? Me? Not this time...
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 0 Spe
- Transform

VGC's resident Imposter vents in as one of the more interesting teambuilding options in the current metagame. Ditto allows teams to somewhat circumvent the rules, often allowing a team to have a third Restricted Pokemon. Ditto is most potent on hyper offense teams, where having access to an additional immensely strong attacker is integral to the team's game plan. It's also great against foes with the potential to boost such as Calyrex-S, Dialga, and Thundurus. Additionally, copying an opposing Zacian-C allows Ditto to copy the initial Attack boost before receiving a second Intrepid Sword boost. Ditto has to be as slow as possible to account for opposing Ditto; the faster Ditto would have its Imposter activate first, meaning it couldn't then Transform into something more helpful.

Last edited:

dex

Give my perception as a handle of weapon
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
GP Check
blue = add
red = delete

green = comments
Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Relaxed Nature
- Transform

VGC's resident Imposter vents in as one of the more interesting teambuilding options in the current metagame. (I fucking hate it here) Ditto allows teams to somewhat circumvent the rules, often allowing a team to have a third restricted Restricted Pokemon. Ditto is most potent on hyper offensive offense teams, where having access to an additional immensely strong attacker is integral to the team's gameplans game plan. It's also great against foes with great the potential to receive boosts boost (I assume this doesn't change the meaning of your sentence too much. "Receive boots" seems sorta weirdly put) such as Calyrex-S, Dialga, (add comma) and Thundurus. Additionally, copying an opposing Zacian-C allows Ditto to copy the initial Attack boost before receiving a second Intrepid Sword boost. Ditto has to be as slow as possible to account for opposing Ditto; the faster Ditto would have its Imposter activate first, meaning it couldn't then can't immediately Transform into something more helpful.

stag stamp.gif

1/1

yuki

Huh? Me? Not this time...
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
GP Check
blue = add
red = delete

green = comments
Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Relaxed Nature
- Transform

VGC's resident Imposter vents in as one of the more interesting teambuilding options in the current metagame. (I fucking hate it here) Ditto allows teams to somewhat circumvent the rules, often allowing a team to have a third restricted Restricted Pokemon. Ditto is most potent on hyper offensive offense teams, where having access to an additional immensely strong attacker is integral to the team's gameplans game plan. It's also great against foes with great the potential to receive boosts boost (I assume this doesn't change the meaning of your sentence too much. "Receive boots" seems sorta weirdly put) such as Calyrex-S, Dialga, (add comma) and Thundurus. Additionally, copying an opposing Zacian-C allows Ditto to copy the initial Attack boost before receiving a second Intrepid Sword boost. Ditto has to be as slow as possible to account for opposing Ditto; the faster Ditto would have its Imposter activate first, meaning it couldn't then can't immediately Transform into something more helpful.

View attachment 410225
1/1
Love the first comment. The ending is intentionally worded: if the faster Ditto copies your Ditto (I.e. they're in opposing slots), because they are transformed they can't use Transform to turn into something else. Not sure if that would need an overhaul of the sentence to make that more clear.

dex

Give my perception as a handle of weapon
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Love the first comment. The ending is intentionally worded: if the faster Ditto copies your Ditto (I.e. they're in opposing slots), because they are transformed they can't use Transform to turn into something else. Not sure if that would need an overhaul of the sentence to make that more clear.
In that case, it makes more sense. I was thinking solely of a ditto 1v1, which makes little sense now that I think about it. Keep it as is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)