Pokémon Ditto

Status
Not open for further replies.
White herb works on any lowered stat at any time. For example you can smashpass from smeargle to something holding white herb and the def drops are negated.

I didnt realize that ditto could copy thd mega evolutions too. Ill have to try this to see how it works. I like the megaz but i feel if i pick one that im leaving my team open to a different threat. Ditto could patch this up though. ..

You can't run 0 speed IVs on ditto, imposter doesn't copy IVs, so you will make yourself slower even when transformed.
This could be wrong, but I think it works that way.

By the way, I like letting them set up (unless it's calm mind/quive dance/bulk up, for obvious reasons) and sacrifice something, send in talonflame, priority tail wind, die, win the game with OP ditto.
It's very risky but hilarious

You can't run 0 speed IVs on ditto, imposter doesn't copy IVs, so you will make yourself slower even when transformed.

By the way, I like letting them set up (unless it's calm mind/quive dance/bulk up, for obvious reasons) and sacrifice something, send in talonflame, priority tail wind, die, win the game with OP ditto.
Yes you can. Who cares about IVs for Ditto.

Let's say your opponent has perfect 31 IVs and 252 EVs for Speed. At level 100 he has 1000 Speed. Ditto will copy that 1000 Speed and using Choice Scarf to outspeed him. Who cares about IVs LOL

The only thing that matters is Hidden Power. Since you cannot copy IVs, you can have your own Type of Hidden Power if somehow you copy an opponent with Hidden Power.

Fyi, you don't even need to care about EVs except HP EVs since Ditto copies every EVs your opponent has except HP EVs. However, people put EVs in Def or Sp.Def because in a rare occasion when you met Zoroak, you cannot copy through Illusions ability.

Scarf is still probably the best, but an alternative item to counter Special-based Megas would be Assault Vest.

Ditto loses the ability to steal opponents' recovery and hazards (which Scarf rarely uses anyway) to survive a special hit if speed-tied while maintaining the use of multiple moves.

Scarf is still probably the best, but an alternative item to counter Special-based Megas would be Assault Vest.

Ditto loses the ability to steal opponents' recovery and hazards (which Scarf rarely uses anyway) to survive a special hit if speed-tied while maintaining the use of multiple moves.
That actually sounds .. viable. Should go check it out, to me this one sounds as a more viable choice than LO (which, graunted, is usable but of course relies a lot into gamblin that your opponent will except the scarf set, which in turn is affected with how many ppl will be tryin the same thing with their Dittos.)

That actually sounds .. viable. Should go check it out, to me this one sounds as a more viable choice than LO (which, graunted, is usable but of course relies a lot into gamblin that your opponent will except the scarf set, which in turn is affected with how many ppl will be tryin the same thing with their Dittos.)
The question is whether Assault Vest makes up for Ditto's lower HP. But that's for testing to decide.

No way ditto should ever use assault vest over choice scarf. It has way too little hp and the whole reason ditto is even viable is because it is faster than any non scarfed pokemon it copies. It's only real niche as a revenge killer is well, killed, if it doesn't have a choice scarf

Okuu

Blame [me] for Global Warming!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
No way ditto should ever use assault vest over choice scarf. It has way too little hp and the whole reason ditto is even viable is because it is faster than any non scarfed pokemon it copies. It's only real niche as a revenge killer is well, killed, if it doesn't have a choice scarf
A maxed out HP of 300 isn't entirely shabby in conjunction with an Assault Vest and the right Pokemon to Imposter. However, the fact is that you'll sometimes have to copy a Physical attacker and see no benefit from AV. And with the nerf to Special moves and us receiving many more Physical sweepers than Special sweepers...

Assault vest is kind of gimmicky though. With most of the megas being physically based (with the exception to gengar manectric alakazam and lati@s once theyre released) av is kind of a waste since you still have that 50/50 to lose the speed tie. I think scarf or even sash is the best way to go.

Av limits you too much coupled with thr low pp from transform/imposter just puts too much pressurr on thr blob.

A maxed out HP of 300 isn't entirely shabby in conjunction with an Assault Vest and the right Pokemon to Imposter. However, the fact is that you'll sometimes have to copy a Physical attacker and see no benefit from AV. And with the nerf to Special moves and us receiving many more Physical sweepers than Special sweepers...
It's pretty shabby when there are few opponents you will benefit from and even then you aren't guaranteed to revenge kill because you only get a 50% chance to win the speed tie. So even the most optimal situations aren't much of an advantage. I agree that hp isn't the main reason that using av on ditto is a poor choice, but it would be a much more viable choice if ditto had respectable hp

Last edited:
Also, a pokemon with Shadow Tag can switch out of another pokemon with Shadow Tag so Mega Gengar Ditto isn't stuck in that situation. If you meant you're risking your revenge kill opportunity, the opponent is likely to switch because they'll lose their Gengar to a SE STAB Shadow Ball from yours if it's scarfed.
It should be noted that Shadow Tag doesn't even matter here: Ghosts are immune to all forms of trapping, anyway.

Aww, so he doesn't entirely bone Megagar after all. :<
Not if Megagengar doesn't want to be boned. I'm not inclined to speculate on the proclivities with regards to boning of 'roided out spirits.

Now, for what it's worth, whatever switches into the Ditto MegaGengar may or may not find themselves in an advanced state of bone-age unless they can force it out with a resist to whatever DMG is choiced into, since they WILL be trapped.

Ditto copies all stats exactly, so no matter what your Speed IV is, you'll always speed tie with your opponent. The only thing Imposter doesn't copy about IVs is their values for the purposes of Hidden Power. In this case, 0 Spe gives HP Ice.

Considering Ditto's terrible HP, Assault vest probably won't give it much more bulk than the pokemon it is copying, and does nothing for physical attacks.

Likewise, Leftovers will be quite useless stalling out residual damage or something.

Life Orb could be useful, though I'm wondering how well it can do with Weakness Policy. If the opponent switches to something slower and fails to OHKO with a SE attack, Ditto is set to sweep. Quite situational though.

White Herb + Sticky Web actually sounds like a pretty good idea.
An issue I've always had with ditto is how easily it can be PP stalled when it only has a grand total of 5PP using Scarf.

In doubles/triples, Ditto always copies the pokemon directly opposite to it. You can specifically target your opponent's mega this way.

Ditto copies all stats exactly, so no matter what your Speed IV is, you'll always speed tie with your opponent. The only thing Imposter doesn't copy about IVs is their values for the purposes of Hidden Power. In this case, 0 Spe gives HP Ice.
Seems I misread it, I thought it copied base stats and EVs, not plain stats. I was wrong then.

I have been thinking about using a transform imposter set, but then I lose valuable coverage so I might want to run an imposter transform set... I can't decide! This is more difficult than making a wobufet set. so many decisions.

Ditto is a one trick pony with a scarf and stifles all the amazing things he can do otherwise other than scaring out a setup sweeper. Relegating him to such a niche role often means a wasted slot on your team that could have been better served by using your own opponent's tactics against them no matter what style they are playing. Hell, bluffing the scarf by making a quick switch often is enough to force out their threat and then you have your own powerhouse with the option of switching moves freely. In general, I love double switching with this thing early game while everyone is tiptoeing around, as it scouts movesets and provides you with info on whats most likely choiced and what kind of coverage options the opponent has chosen for their individual pokemon. I even like leading with it just to get a preliminary idea of what they are trying to accomplish in terms of hazards and whatnot. I've been running quick claw for lols just to statistically win speed ties and generally annoy with hax. The only drawback is that other scarfed mons have an advantage over you, like 80 percent of the time?

Here's an idea, which is better than Quick Claw but still might be somewhat gimmicky: Using Ditto with a Macho Brace on a Trick Room team. It will always outspeed everything with no drawbacks, but only for a few turns.

I have a Naive Impostor Ditto with 4 perfect Ivs i caught in friend safari Hp spattack defense and sp defense. Should i get choice scarf and use this ditto in my team?

Last edited:
imo Ditto should use nothing other than a Scarf (though I haven't tested Sash yet, which seems fun, but it gets hit by every type of hazard). Taking away the scarf takes away a lot of the consistency from Ditto, making it a 50/50. It also means you can't beat something that's boosting its speed while you switch in since it'll be a boost up on you. Scarf gives you a chance to catch it.

Ditto's only niche is his scarf set, but it's the only niche it needs.

I have a Naive Impostor Ditto with 4 perfect Ivs i caught in friend safari Hp spattack defense and sp defense. Should i get choice scarf and use this ditto in my team?
As long as it has 31 HP nothing else really matters, but if you want to use this particular Ditto just make sure the Hidden Power isn't something terrible like Poison.

Now that grass are immune to powders and electrics are immune to paralysis, ditto becomes a somewhat viable status absorber considering many powder userslike roserade are part grass, and stuff like rotom are sometimes carry thunder wave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)