Diablo III

Letting people play offline in a game with a Real money auction house(RMAH) opens the game up to so much item duping/glitches it is not even funny. Is it unfortunate the RMAH is interfering with people who may never use it? sure is but i can see why they do it.
disable the rmah when you're offline...?

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The RMAH was just a bad idea in general because it's a logistical nightmare to run. People can't play offline, tweaking drop rates to keep people's gambling senses tingling, dealing with rampant black markets and hacking, tax and law issues, etc. Sure, the average Joe could stand to make money off a game they were going to play anyways, but look at the tradeoff. It's been delayed for now.

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
tbh the RMAH is mainly there to combat goldfarmers to some extent. Blizzard can regulate it, and the average joe might make money off of it, although I do expect only the best of the best items to show up there. Ennough people that will buy off of it to be the best there ever was, although likely im not going to use it anyway.

in other news, normal AH down when I find some good items like a dex/vit/aspd ring with a random 20+ resistance. 56 WD, closing in on 57, only in act 2 Hell still but im sure ill be 60 before I get to diablo.

Letting people play offline in a game with a Real money auction house(RMAH) opens the game up to so much item duping/glitches it is not even funny. Is it unfortunate the RMAH is interfering with people who may never use it? sure is but i can see why they do it.
Make RMAH only available to online characters much like the 'realm' chars worked in d2.. not rocket surgery

Got the game today, going with demonhunter /w xbow
Also, found my first legendary item

Still on act 1, takin' it slow.

Currently level 35 with over 200 Exp per Kill and 17% Exp Boost in act 1 NM... my thoughts.. the faster I get to 60 the faster I can farm gold.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It annoys me that the legendary items all seem so terrible. I did read that it was a similar case for D2 before the expansion, where rare items were frequently better than their legendary counterparts.

Also, all of the item mods are so boring. I literally can't think of a single one that is new to the game, whereas many that appear in D2 have completely disappeared.

However, I continue to play...

It annoys me that the legendary items all seem so terrible. I did read that it was a similar case for D2 before the expansion, where rare items were frequently better than their legendary counterparts.

Also, all of the item mods are so boring. I literally can't think of a single one that is new to the game, whereas many that appear in D2 have completely disappeared.

However, I continue to play...
IIRC they've said that they're looking into the issues with legendary items having an unfortunate habit of sucking compared to equiv level rares/magic items. Hopefully that means they'll also remove the ridiculously high amount of random attribute modifiers on them, getting one is hard enough without having to deal with it having stats that are useless for the class it's made for (as well as underbudget compared to easy to obtain rares).

I'm hoping we get a filled out D3 equivalent of the Arreat Summit soon, I really want to see how they've got everything working and the game guide is incredibly basic right now.

I find it hilarious that Blizzard had previously stated that they weren't going to care about OP builds, but are now hotfixing them at a whim.

Basically haven't played at all the past several days outside of getting roped into some group play (where I whined until the server crashed both times which let me escape). Finding 4 man Inferno to be 0 fun at all right now. I don't particularly mind difficulty in itself -- I was just fine grinding out encounters in a top 15 US guild in WoW so I think I've proven I'm pretty resilient to that sort of thing -- but the way the blue mobs work in Inferno is pretty ridiculous and tedious. There's nothing fun about grinding out enemies with random properties to get items with random properties when then enemies tend to have several ridiculous combinations that make them incredibly tedious to deal with (stuff like Waller/Jailer/Mortar, Invulnerable Minions/Shields/Plague, anything at all with Missle Dampening since every ability my class uses is a missle...) and the loot is usually worse than shit from Hell. While I was expecting it to happen, all of my gear other than my weapon is basically useless now too, since they hotfixed Force Armor, so I basically can't fight at all right now. The range in difficulty of packs is silly too: there's some we basically have to die repeatedly to to grind out and others that I could go AFK and it wouldn't even matter. I can still sort of get by solo but if I wanted to play a single player RPG I'd be be playing one with a plot. Really unimpressed with 4 man Inferno; if there was a monthly subscription I wouldn't be paying it until they patch. I didnt mind the first few difficulties evven though they were largely way too easy but we've gone from hard to die to tedious and reptitive to live. I could probably tolerate it but the loot is consistently bad that it winds up being a bunch of banging heads against the wall for now reward.

I guess at least now that they hotfix nerfed me while using a spec that required very specific gear i can AH some replacem... oh wait, the AH is down, too. Fantastic.

lol.. my account has been compromised and now I have to wait for a couple of days to get my items n gold back.. hopefully.

meddle

boomer user
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I could probably tolerate it but the loot is consistently bad that it winds up being a bunch of banging heads against the wall for now reward.

I guess at least now that they hotfix nerfed me while using a spec that required very specific gear i can AH some replacem... oh wait, the AH is down, too. Fantastic.
I'm in Act I, Inferno mode, now on my Monk and this pretty much sums up my thoughts. The jump from Hell to Inferno is just ridiculous, and based on what the developers have said, it's by design. The problem is I don't feel that it's testing my "skill" or mastery of my class at all so much as it is just continually presenting unfair or just downright unwinnable situations, and this feels doubly punishing as a melee character.

Not only that, as a melee you are shoehorned into wearing a shield and one-hander if you want to survive AT ALL, which means you are going to be spending a lot of time whacking at mobs for pretty paltry damage, meaning really long and tedious sessions of grinding. Because you can't progress at all in Inferno as a melee without gearing for survivability, I'm sitting at about 60k health and 350 in my resists and I can still die in a matter of seconds depending on the pack of elites and the combinations of abilities they have.

Right now, the only way for me to "beat" Inferno is to run in to a champion pack, hit my invulnerability button, damage stuff a bit, survive a hit or two, heal up, cc and run out, then rinse and repeat. This is a chore, and like Synre said there are few rewards, especially now that I'm 60 and no longer unlocking new runes or gaining any further depth or complexity to my class. The majority of my abilities are now defensive (aoe blind, self-heal, immunity bubble being pretty much mandatory), meaning I'm not really a monk anymore as much as I am a WoW protection paladin.

Synre, I assume you're a Wizard? Post force armor nerf I don't see how soloing is possible at all for you without Blizzard + Poison Hydra spam.

I am, yeah, and with them nerfing Critical Mass to knock out the other main set of builds (some of which weren't nearly as exploitative as the Frost Nova spam Diablo kill thing) it's pretty bleak on the Wizard front (though still better than Monk or Barb). I'm barely playing it atm, just sort of biding time to see if they do anything significant in first major patch.

Sort-of-leveling a Demon Hunter alt in the meantime to be able to hit Inferno a little harder if I wind up feeling like it but not very motivated atm. Surprised at how quickly interest in this game has died for me, only took about six days for me to be spending more time on League than it again.

Well considering you have to run through the same missions 3 times over just to get to 60/complete hell. Hopefully pvp comes out with this first patch.

Well considering you have to run through the same missions 3 times over just to get to 60/complete hell. Hopefully pvp comes out with this first patch.
Kind of like D2 in that respect! Though I suppose having a higher and impossible to reach level cap helps make it feel like you're doing something other than just collecting gear, even if that feeling is completely artificial.

On the topic of inferno though, what attributes are you guys finding hardest to deal with? I find anything with fast + invun minions impossible along with the bullshit combination of plagued/mortar/arcane + other, aka "you can't run and you can't tank". Some of them depend on what mob type has them though, scavengers and anything that runs when you get close to them are usually the most frustrating to deal with in act 1 for me as a WD. Not looking forward to act 2 at all considering how much trouble I had with Belial on hell.

Kind of like D2 in that respect! Though I suppose having a higher and impossible to reach level cap helps make it feel like you're doing something other than just collecting gear, even if that feeling is completely artificial.

On the topic of inferno though, what attributes are you guys finding hardest to deal with? I find anything with fast + invun minions impossible along with the bullshit combination of plagued/mortar/arcane + other, aka "you can't run and you can't tank". Some of them depend on what mob type has them though, scavengers and anything that runs when you get close to them are usually the most frustrating to deal with in act 1 for me as a WD. Not looking forward to act 2 at all considering how much trouble I had with Belial on hell.
I had similar problems until i gave in and conformed to the Spamdarts/cc spec it is one of the best ways to deal with fast mobs i have found yet and your single target boss dps will shoot through the roof.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#aUZXkd!XVW!aZabZZ

You can swap out soul harvest for hex or mass confusion if you want i have just become accustom to running it so i kept it. Just make sure you have a 1h/ring/gloves with attack speed and stacking all resist is a wonderful idea for inferno in general.

I had similar problems until i gave in and conformed to the Spamdarts/cc spec it is one of the best ways to deal with fast mobs i have found yet and your single target boss dps will shoot through the roof.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#aUZXkd!XVW!aZabZZ

You can swap out soul harvest for hex or mass confusion if you want i have just become accustom to running it so i kept it. Just make sure you have a 1h/ring/gloves with attack speed and stacking all resist is a wonderful idea for inferno in general.
Eh, I tried that spec out a day or two ago, wasn't fond of it, partially because I don't have enough IAS to justify using it and partially because the first elite pack I faced were fast invun waller minion skeletons with a skeletal summoner leader and he ALWAYS had something in front of him. I'm finding a cc variant of vision quest + bears a little less frustrating at the moment, even if it is a case of spamming and hoping you kill something before it kills you in a few cases.

Eh, I tried that spec out a day or two ago, wasn't fond of it, partially because I don't have enough IAS to justify using it and partially because the first elite pack I faced were fast invun waller minion skeletons with a skeletal summoner leader and he ALWAYS had something in front of him. I'm finding a cc variant of vision quest + bears a little less frustrating at the moment, even if it is a case of spamming and hoping you kill something before it kills you in a few cases.
i would rather only have one affix that screws me completely over (invul minions) than falling over dead to every fast mob or mob with the fast affix or a normally fast mob with the fast affix maybe even throw in teleporter in there as well.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Invulnerable minions alone sounds significantly more douchebaggy than anything in Diablo 2 (except instagibbing yourself as a melee fighter before they removed Iron Maiden from OKs in Chaos Sanctuary).

meddle

boomer user
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
For me, as a melee (and probably for anyone in Inferno, really), the worst mob type for sure has been the Invulnerable Minions. Close behind are Jailer, Waller, and Vampiric. Arcane Enchanted, Molten, Plagued, and Desecrator are all highly annoying but avoidable in most cases through either smart dodging or kiting (unless the mobs also have Vortex). Waller and Jailer can't really be played around much at all apart from popping invulnerability abilites and hoping for the best.

lol Atlas...

this game is retarded. no one should have control over what their armor looks like.

Purple hair and purple dye on armour. I don't see the problem with a little armour customization. Female barbs always looked silly in the first place, adding purple dye to bulky armour and hair just compounds, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to customize our armour a bit considering there are only 16 sets or whatever.

Currently at the end of Act II inferno on my DH. For those complaining about act I, the jump up to act II post Maghda is like going straight from hell in sub 50 gear to act I inferno.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)