Desert Wolf (OU)

Looks like a good team, the only problem is that Blissey and Vaporeon won't have any help from leftovers, and Gengar will get damaged. He's too frail for that.

I think Taunt on to stop the enemy from setting up while you roost or switch out. Then Stealth Rock on Forretress.

Spikes on Forry - Just about everybody can learn Stealth Rock.

Tyranitar is a better lead.

Gengar wants Life Orb. Even on a SandStorm team. Or you wont have a good cleaner.

Ice Fang on Gliscor for Garchomp, Gliscor handels Hera fine anyway. Knock off helps with a SandStorm team, the extra 6 % every turn on annoying walls helps alot. Taunt isn't as needed as you can spin away spikes anyway.

I think you could drop Blissey as TTar has Wish support and Vappy can take special hits aswel, maybe Ape for cleaning up the mess late game.

Thanks a lot for the advice. You've convinced me to give Gliscor Knock Off and Ice Fang. I'm also now making Tyranitar my lead, which seems to greatly benefit both Pokémon.

I'm a bit unsure about what to do with Gengar or Blissey. I definately want a ghost Pokémon so Rapid Spinners don't spoil the fun, and Gengar does cover Tyranitar's weaknesses very well. However, I also know Gengar doesn't appreciate Sandstorm.

Blissey is a great special wall, but Tyranitar and Vaporeon do seem to have that role covered. I could use a late game sweeper, which would bring to mind Inferape or Garchomp. However, I don't like the idea of being 3x weak to water or having two Pokémon with a 4x weakness to ice. I potentially sense some Mamoswine problems.

I've made some big changes.

I would love to have more advice. Is it pretty good? Are there any weaknesses I'm missing? Is there better Pokémon for the job? Please help me build this team.

I don't like the whole Deoxys-E fucking you over thing, so I'd probably like something like Spiritomb over Dusknoir instead, which prevents it from getting Pursuit raped anyways.

As for Gliscor, I'd slap Stealth Rock over Knock Off. However, don't add Spikes on Forretress, this team shouldn't waste an additional 3 turns when all it needs is a little damage before Lucario can sweep. Instead, you can now carry both Explosion and an attack, although preferably Gyro Ball, as DDTar could get annoying, since Crunch can 2HKO Gliscor while Earthquake takes like 4 hits, in which case you can just GB it.

I also feel like you can't stop Garchomp, so replace the Hidden Power Electric on Vaporeon for Ice Beam. I'm sure with Stealth Rock and sandstorm out, Vaporeon should be able to scare it away once, and the next, that's an additional 25%, and at that point, you're good to go with Ice Beam itself.

I like your suggestions a lot. I didn't even notice my weakness to Deoxys-S. Spiritomb seems like he would fit really well into this team, much better than Dusknoir. Also, I really like your suggestions for Gliscor and Forretress. Ice Beam seems like a good idea for Vaporeon, so I'm going to consider it.

I wonder if Hippowdon would be better than Gliscor?

You could but then you'd be running at a higher risk of Heracross annoying the living hell out of you, but I suppose if you don't run into any SD'ers, then the combination of Forretress (Megahorn), Spiritomb (Close Combat) and Lucario (Stone Edge) should take care of it, as that's your only risk. Although if you do switch, Spiritomb almost has to have Will-O-Wisp to stop the Lucario from sweeping.

You could but then you'd be running at a higher risk of Heracross annoying the living hell out of you, but I suppose if you don't run into any SD'ers, then the combination of Forretress (Megahorn), Spiritomb (Close Combat) and Lucario (Stone Edge) should take care of it, as that's your only risk. Although if you do switch, Spiritomb almost has to have Will-O-Wisp to stop the Lucario from sweeping.
I see, if that's the case I'll stick with Gliscor. Thanks for pointing that stuff out.

Wow, this team has been doing great so far. Spiritomb was a great addition. The changes on Gliscor and Forretress have been great so far. Lucario seems to be enjoying his role, but I'm barely using him since the team tends to defeat the opponent before he comes out.

I haven't tried Vaporeon with Ice Beam yet. Hidden Power has helped me against many of the water Pokémon Vaporeon is usually fighting against, plus Gyarados, but I can see the benefits of Ice Beam as well...

However, I still need help with Tyranitar. Right now I'm trying a Choice Scarf Tyranitar which has helped me in tight situations...but would TyraniBoah be better?

I see, Garchomp is a big deal. I tend to forget how common he is and I forgot all about the Yache set. Ice Beam seems neccessary. Plus, with Toxic Spike support (hopefully) bulky water Pokémon shouldn't be a huge problem. With Vaporeon having Ice Beam, should I consider giving him SpA EVs or keep it as it is?

I'm not sure how much of a problem Gyarados can be... Taunt can be troublesome. I'll look into giving Forretress an electric move possibly.

As much as I like Lucario, is there probably a better late-game sweeper to fill his role?

Yeah, Garchomp would love the Sand Support, a lot more than Lucario. It was one of the Pokémon I was considering to use before. I'm might reconsider bringing him back. I guess it's hard not to have Garchomp on a Sandstorm team.

Is there any recommendations for Tyranitar?

I've made some new changes. I'm still not sure about Tyranitar, but this current set has been amazing on certain occassions. Sometimes I find myself in need of a better special wall...but I tend to do well.

I just need to see some more opinions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)