dem steam sales

here a little thread to discuss all the shit we'll be buying over the next few days in the crazy black friday steam sales. i only realized they were up just now, and went ahead and bought machinarium and the indie clever pack asap. did i miss anything good before that?

as for todays deals, probably gonna buy the pulse pack, but also wanted to ask you guys if you think its worth getting cod4 too, having just finished black ops. the campaign in black ops left me pretty cold, so do you think it's worth experiencing cod4 just for the single player?

here a little thread to discuss all the shit we'll be buying over the next few days in the crazy black friday steam sales. i only realized they were up just now, and went ahead and bought machinarium and the indie clever pack asap. did i miss anything good before that?

as for todays deals, probably gonna buy the pulse pack, but also wanted to ask you guys if you think its worth getting cod4 too, having just finished black ops. the campaign in black ops left me pretty cold, so do you think it's worth experiencing cod4 just for the single player?
You missed;

DeathSpank – £6.69
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days – £3.75
Batman: Arkham Asylum – £5.10

EVE Online: Tyrannis – £3.75
Audiosurf – £1.50
Defense Grid: The Awakening – £1.75
The Indie Story Pack (And Yet It Moves, Gish, Jolly Rover, Puzzle Agent and Recettear: An Item Shop’s Tale) – £3.99
Shank – £6.69
Sam & Max: The Devils Playhouse – £7.50
Borderlands (not the GOTY edition) – £9.99
Deus Ex – £1.49
Deus Ex: Invisible War - £1.49
Alpha Protocol – £5
Prototype – £7.49
Counter-Strike: Source – £3.50

Indie Energy Pack (BRAINPIPE: A Plunge to Unhumanity, Galcon Fusion, Griddrunner: Revolution, ProtoGalaxy and Quantz.) – £3.99

bold indicates what I believe is a good deal that you've missed

IMO, COD4 has an awful single player (but an excellent multiplayer!)

So far I've only bought Burnout paradise, most of the games that have been on sale I already own :/

Sad I missed out on the clever pack, but every year I buy a ton of games off steam during thanksgiving, but more so during christmas, and I never have the time to play them all, still have a game or two left to play from last years sale lol, but with some of the prices being where they are, I feel it a crime not to buy certain games. Maybe i'll just lock myself in my room for a week and beat them all.

oh, awesome. i havent missed anything good i dont already own. would maybe have got shank and deathspank for cheaper, but not for 7 quid.

these indie packs are so good, and theyre exactly what i need after being kinda burned out on so many sequels playing new vegas and black ops (both of which i didnt think were anything more than alright). if i hadnt bought and yet it moves on wiiware like 2 weeks ago i would have got that story pack, too, probably.

<3 steam :D

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I stole Invisible War and I still don't feel it was good deal. Unless you consider it a package deal with Deus Ex which I have bought twice, then it evens out more.

Well I just bought the indie pulse pack, I already owned audiosurf, but for like $1 a game, I couldn't resist buying it. I can't wait for the xmas sales.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Left 4 Dead 2 is only 5 dollars on Steam at the moment. Great deal for a great cooperative shooter, especially if you get a few friends to pick it up with you.

bought the puzzle pack for shatter and droplitz :>

not a bad day, but no real interest in the stuff i dont already own.

Today I've bought Splinter Cell; Conviction, after having to put up with a bunch of errors when attempting to purchase it :/ (and then errors when installing it, and now errors when playing it).

Is there another day of sales tomorrow? Or is today the final day? Some people are saying today is the final day while some are also saying there will be deals tomorrow ("cyber monday").

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I picked up the Indie Story Pack for Recettear alone, was definitely not disappointed.

Not sure I can say the same for Dawn of War, mainly because it has exposed my Power Supply as a piece of garbage that doesn't supply enough power to my components.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)