Dear Smogon: what do YOU collect?

gorgie

formerly Floppy, now Rock hard
Collect ALL the things. Yes. YES! Sorry, I get carried away easily.

Anyhow, to start off, I've recently started collecting the 2 of hearts from standard decks of playing cards (the reason/story behind that is a bit long-winded for this post so i'll skip it). I also used to collect Yugioh cards back in high school but my "entrepreneural mind" got the best of me and eventually i stopped collecting and started hustling them.

Your turn, smogon. what do YOU collect? Tell it.

edit: no need to tell us by the way... we all collect $200 after passing GO

I have a collection of National Park guides from every National Park I visit.

Not going to let a treasure like National Parks go to waste. ^_^

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
Rare minerals/gems.
Ooh, I would love to look for gems. Not just at some theme park with a little baggie, but maybe going excavating.

I used to collect a bunch of cards when I was 6, especially Pokemon and Baseball cards. I had this huge binder with a Charizard on it and that's where I'd put the cards. What I collect now is books. Lots and lots of books. I really want an overflowing bookshelf!

I have a collection of hats in TF2.

Otherwise, I have a pretty expansive vinyl collection back home.

I used to collect ice hockey cards when I was younger. got 2 big ol' albums full of them. Probably worth a bit in a few years! Also collected pucks from all the games I went to. Haven't really collected anything apart from pokemon since.

As a kid I collected stamps and yugioh/baseball cards. I'm thinking I should collect something cheap and crazy for the hell of it, but nah. I still have 1000+ yugioh cards from 8 years of collecting, and at least 150 baseball cards.

I have a small collection of fossils (mostly plants and trilobites) that I've been adding to since I was a kid, which I got into since I was obsessed with dinosaurs/wanted to be a palentologist when I was younger. I also have a fairly large collection of plushes, mostly squishables and giant microbes, as well as glass animals.

Batman stuff!

I have every single sort of DVD release of Batman ever, along with posters for all three Nolan movies, a ton of comics, various other things like action figures, etc.

I used to collect stamps and Pokemon cards (who didn't?) Now its books - especially old books - and plushies. I have so many stuffed animals. Can't go to any place that sells them without getting one

Edit: Also working on a knife collection

Bitches
Pokémon stuff
Gem stones
Knives

My gem collection has been stagnant for a while because of the economy being trash but it's mainly topaz, amethyst, quartz and things that I can put in jewelry for my lady one day.

Pokémon stuff seems obvious enough

Knives are just so fun. You either understand my interest or you don't

I also used to collect stamps and coins so I still have the collections but they just sit around and I don't bother to add to them

Gems and rocks, coins, and Yugioh/Pokemon cards.

I don't collect any of those anymore (except old coins), but I did as a kid.

sand art
dead things
glass paper weights
rocks / shells

I also have a crappy collection of pokemon and yugioh cards, but I am sure everyone on this site has that lol.

I used to collect Pokémon cards, Yu-Gi-Oh cards, rocks and gems, and much more in the past. Now I usually keep my collecting to games, and collections in games (in which I like to seek out rare items, and collect as many as I can).

Alice

The worst taste in music
Wines and spirits (tho my collection is still sort of humble)

And i'm starting a bonsai-tree collection as well (self-modeled trees mostly)

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Uhm, RPGs, Primarily JRPGS. I posted just a sample of some in the Photo Album. Big RPG fan haha.

I wouldn't say I collect Blu-Rays, im very critical about what movies I buy, so I mainly buy only the good ones, I won't just buy any movie.

Sports Memorabelia, big Carolina Panthers fan.

Das it I guess.

I don't know if this counts, but I collect CDs. I guess I'm too young to have an expansive vinyl collection (plus I don't own a turntable), but I started buying CDs in high school, while everyone else around me was abandoning physical media in favor of downloading (whether illegally or through itunes). It seemed the most obvious thing in the world that everyone would have CD collections, to me at least, but even a lot of the people I know that are big into music still don't seem to have them.

I guess it's similar to collecting books, but I like to come home and look at my bookshelf that is overflowing with CDs.

oh boy, you were not prepared when you posted this thread. i'll narrow it down to my pokemon collection and then narrow it even further to my favorite line. i collect emboar and cryogonal stuff as well, but my nidos are my pride and joy

this is production art from the anime and the lucario/mew movie ^

top is more production art

and i just got this cool bandana today:

i also have a second nidoking backpack that is exactly the same as the purple one but it's green. >_> which i use for school.

i have some other misc pokemon stuff, and i also collect stitch, video games and things related to video games, teen titans stuff (mostly beast boy) and i have a little shelf of ponies.

Actually thinking about it now, I have a stupidly large collection of video game manuals, boxes, and warantees, I've throw all that into one collective box since I was about 8....

that might be worth something now that I think about it

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Henceforth nicknaming all my Nidos 'Feathers' in tribute to the user's fanatical and admirable devotion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)