XY OU Dangers of the Night

Hi there Smogon citizens! This is my first RMT and it has some very good qualities that you probably will enjoy! I wanted a team that was not ORAS because I wanted one last chance to make an X and Y OU team before I moved on. My hard work payed off and I was able to make a team that was powerful and strategic! There are some flaws to this team, but that's where YOU come in! I know that there are some great raters out there, and I know that with the help of the Smogon community, we will be able to make this team special! So without further ado, I give you, Dangers of the Night!

I wanted to do something different for this XY OU team. Usually Greninja is a Pokemon that you can just slap on a team and call it competitive, but Greninja covers a lot of things. The added Protean ability giving me STAB on any move I choose, plus the added Life Orb boost, gave me the ultimate Pokemon to start my team off with.

Next I needed a Pokemon that fell under the Bulky Offense category that could set up Hazards while doing a decent amount of damage. I decided to go with Lando-T because he can learn Stealth Rocks and U-Turn which works perfectly. He comes in with that, always appreciated, Intimidate drop, sets up rocks, goes for a Knock Off if not threatened, then U-Turns out. This is when I decided that I was gong to have a Volt-Turn core, which is where my next Pokemon comes in.

The next Pokemon on my team is Manectric. A fast Special Attacker with Intimidate is always welcome on my team. Like I said above, he is part of my Volt-Turn core, and also is my Mega Evolution. If you just skipped the intro and came here, then I will tell you now, this is not an ORAS team. Like I was saying, Manectric gets the job done with Flamethrower, HP Ice, or Thunderbolt. He is a valued member of the team, but there are more teammates to discuss.

Conkeldurr is the biggest hitter on my team. If any Pokemon so much as TRIES to inflict me with status, there done. (Unless its one of those stupid Breloom's and their goddamn Spores) Drain Punch is VITAL to this set because without it, the status will drain the power out of him. The only problems that he has, are Sylveon and Talonflame, but Greninja and Lando-T take care of them.

I chose Excadrill next, because Mold Breaker takes care of the Rotom-W weakness, the Choice Scarf allows me to outspeed Greninja and get a kill, and his stats overall exceed the needs of a fast sweeper. Excadrill also covers my Rapid Spin slot. Excadrill was mainly chosen as my spinner because he takes minimal damage from Stealth Rocks and is not at all effected by Toxic Spikes.

My last slot had to be changed many times, but I finally decided that Rotom-W would be the best. Mainly because he is bulky, cuts the damage of Physical Attacks in half with Will-O-Wisp, and can replace Manectric if he faints as the second part of my Volt-Turn core. Unless my opponent has Mold Breaker Excadrill, the only real issue for Rotom, is Mega Sceptile, but I think I have enough counters for him anyway.

I later realized that although Rotom-W stopped bird spamming, I needed a counter to Mega Sableye. Clefable was the best option because it stopped the Lati twins and Mega Sableye with Moonblast. It is also pretty Bulky and can probably handle Talonflame with min damage.

I then realized that I had a HUGE weakness to Rain teams. I decided to replace Excadrill with Ferrothorn to be my hazard setter. Lano-T then had SR replaced with Rock slide to handle Talonflame. At them most, Ferrothorn can take 2 low kicks from Mega Swampert and still knock it out with Power Whip. Excadrill was not needed because I had Greninja to use Gunk Shot on Faries.

Now that Greninja has fallen to the wrath of the OU suspect testers, I needed to find the new star of the show. I was reading over my RMT to see what to use, when I realized that I still had a weakness to rain teams. I decided to be sneaky and use this to my advantage. Manaphy was the perfect poke to use. Hydration allowed me to restore my health and increase the power of my Water Type Attacks.

I then thought that my team was frail and fast in some ways, and slow and bulky in other ways. So I wanted to balance that out. It was a tough decision, but I finally decided to go with Bulky Offense. I needed a Specially defensive wall, so I decided to welcom back old Dyson the Rotom-W. I was also starting to lose my momentum with the Manaphy Idea, so I decided to go in a totally different direction, and make this ORAS. Mega Slowbro was welcomed to the team and he has proven to be a worthy adversary.

David v2 (Slowbro) (M) @ Slowbronite
Ability: Oblivious
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Psyshock
- Scald

Mega Slowbro has to be the Bulkiest MutherFucker the Pokemon universe has ever seen. When Mega Evolved, it can reach up to 500 Defense. That brought out my sneaky side. I decided that trolling with other players would be a sure fire way to go up the ladder due to rage-quits. Calm Mind will help out its lower Special Defensive stats and raise its Special Attack. Rest will be even more annoying when your foe is down to the last hit, and you regain all the Health. Psyshock will bring out the STAB and kill threats like Beedrill (like that means anything) Scald will bet me burn boosts that I would need to win, and can due decent damage.

Jafar (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 32 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Landorous-T is the best choice for bird spam checking on this team. It's high Defense and Ability allow it to take hits from even the strongest of Talonflames! I invested a few EV's in Special Defense because I wanted to make sure that I was not OHKO'ed by a HP Ice. Anyway, on to the moveset. Earthquake, being the strongest Ground Type move that has 100% accuracy, is a given on any Physical Landorous-T. Also, Earthquake on Landorous-T particularly, is my only counter to Heatran, because most of the ones I faced, were invested in Special Defense, so even Greninja would not be able to one shot it. Knock Off will let me remove the foes item and know what set they are. U-Turn, obviously, is going to form my Volt-Turn core. I put Rock Slide to stop Talonflame and to get the occasional flinches that I needed to win battles.

Dyson (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Rotom-W acts as my Specially Defensive wall. The Resto-Chesto strategy seems nice, but there are too many Knock Off Pokes running around now that are sure to knock off my Chesto Berry. So the Pain Split-Leftovers strategy is the one I chose. Hydro Pump, being STAB and the most powerfull attack that Rotom-W can learn, is my first choice. Volt Switch is to switch out on any Shadow Tag Gothitelles that wanna be ass holes. Will-O-Wisp is to cripple Physical Attackers that Rotom-W cant handle.

CONSTRUCTION (Conkeldurr) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

Hands down, the biggest threat to any team. Iron Fist+Drain Punch+Gust=Absolute domination. Drain Punch is CRUCIAL to this moveset because like I said in the Teambuilding Process,"Drain Punch is VITAL to this set because without it, the status will drain the power out of him." Being STAB and his most powerful attack, he will best be able to fend off against a Chansey. Having the most HP of any OU Pokemon, Chansey will be great health food for Conkeldurr. Mach Punch just cleans up any weak Pokemon. Ice Punch handles Physical walls like Garchomp, Gliscor, and Dragonite. The Assault Vest will allow Conkeldurr to be able to take a hit from a Mega Sceptile and beat the crap out of him. Knock off is just for coverage.

UFO BITCHES (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Ferrothorn is a good hazard setter and a great counter to rain teams. Mega Swampert is instantly threatened by Ferrothorn because if I use Power Whip, its over. Leech Seed is great for sapping up health that I need to win fights. Power whip, like I said above, is what I need to fight of, now common, rain teams. Stealth rocks is the main purpose of replacing SR on Lando-T. Protect is good for stalling out pokes with the attached leech seed or even regaining health with Lefties.

MOAR (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled

Clefable is my only check t the Lati twins and Mega Sableye, which have been an issue on my team for a while. Although Rotom-W stops bird spamming, Lando-T can also check Talonflame with intimidate. I can set up Spdef with Calm Mind to stop the Lati twins. Moonblas will take care of my Mega Sableye problem. Will-O-Wisp cannot stop me because I am running Magic Gaurd. Flamethrower is another check to Ferrothorn, being the most hazardous hazard setter in the OU metagame. While running Soft-Boiled, I can recover lost HP from hard hitters, and do massive damage in the process.

THREATS

Mega Sableye pretty much walls my entire team if Clefable is out. Once that happens, there is nothing to stop it from setting up Calm Minds and sweeping my entire team. And to be honest, is there an team that this Bitch is not a threat to?

David v2 (Slowbro) (M) @ Slowbronite
Ability: Oblivious
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Psyshock
- Scald

Jafar (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 32 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

CONSTRUCTION (Conkeldurr) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

UFO BITCHES (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

MOAR (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled

I hope you all enjoyed reading about my team! All help is appreciated, but please be positive about it. I don't want negative content being shown on my first thread. Thank you for reading and I hope to be able to make more posts in the future!​

Last edited:
What is Specially Defensive Landorus-T supposed to check? Why use it when a physically defensive spread at least checks physically defensive defensive much easier?

What is Specially Defensive Landorus-T supposed to check? Why use it when a physically defensive spread at least checks physically defensive defensive much easier?
Specially defensive ensures that I cant get swept by an HP Ice, but I will take your Suggestion into consideration!

Pent

dumb broad
Hi MangleyMan ! Thanks for inviting me to your RMT. It's rather interesting, but could get used to some change, so let's get to that.

This team is Unique in it's own way, but some of your sets confuse me.
First of all, is Greninja. Since you're running Gunk Shot, Grass Knot isn't needed, since it was mainly for Azumarill in the first place. Replace this with Dark Pulse for better Coverage. Also, run an EV Spread of 40 Atk / 216 Sp Atk / 252 Spe with a Naive Nature, so you can guarantee an OHKO on Azumarill and Sylveon.
Next is Bolt, I recommend Flamethrower over Overheat so you don't take as big of a drop.
On Conkeldurr, don't run 20 Spe, since it doesn't outspeed much in the first place. Just make the investment in Sp Def. I also recommend Ice Punch over Poison Jab on him.
Lastly, Cofagrigus isn't very Viable in OU unless in a trick room team. Instead, you should run Rotom Wash.

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Rest
- Will-O-Wisp

I feel this will benefit your team heavily.
One thing, your team is all shiny. Most of the time, it's courtesy to only make three of your Pokemon shiny. It just shows that you're not greedy or acting like you're better than anyone.

Hope it helps.

davidTheMaster

TheMasterMind
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey dude !, here are my tips

For
use this spread 252 Atk / 232 SpD / 24 Spe

252 EVs in Attack allows upon Conkeldurr to hit hard with its great bulk in SpD, 232 EVs SpD is just enough for that Conkeldurr is a good tank and finally 24 EVs in speed for outspeed Hippowdon and all the others Conkeldurr

Last edited:
Hiya! This team is pretty cool, and I have a few suggestions to add on to what was said earlier:
  • I would recommend using Overheat over Flamethrower on Mega Manectric. Take a look at the following calculations:
    [*]252 SpA Mega Manectric Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 308-364 (87.5 - 103.4%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

[*]252 SpA Mega Manectric Overheat vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 444-524 (126.1 - 148.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

[*]252 SpA Mega Manectric Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 240 SpD Skarmory: 204-240 (61 - 71.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

[*]252 SpA Mega Manectric Overheat vs. 252 HP / 240 SpD Skarmory: 292-344 (87.4 - 102.9%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
    [*]252 SpA Mega Manectric Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Excadrill: 288-340 (79.7 - 94.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    252 SpA Mega Manectric Overheat vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Excadrill: 414-488 (114.6 - 135.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

As you can see, Overheat is vital to taking out certain threats. The power drop does not make too much of a difference, only because you can Volt Switch out into another Pokemon to restore the stat.
  • There's really no reason to have Modest on Rotom-W, because the special attack boost is inferior to have boosted defenses. This is why I would suggest a Bold nature, in order to increase its defense to let it hold out better against the opponent.
  • As a quick nitpick, I would move the 4 HP EVs on Excadrill into Defense to reduce Stealth Rock damage.
Otherwise, this team is pretty solid. Good luck on your team! =)

davidTheMaster

TheMasterMind
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hiya! This team is pretty cool, and I have a few suggestions to add on to what was said earlier:
  • I would recommend using Overheat over Flamethrower on Mega Manectric. Take a look at the following calculations:
    [*]252 SpA Mega Manectric Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 308-364 (87.5 - 103.4%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

[*]252 SpA Mega Manectric Overheat vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 444-524 (126.1 - 148.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

[*]252 SpA Mega Manectric Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 240 SpD Skarmory: 204-240 (61 - 71.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

[*]252 SpA Mega Manectric Overheat vs. 252 HP / 240 SpD Skarmory: 292-344 (87.4 - 102.9%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
    [*]252 SpA Mega Manectric Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Excadrill: 288-340 (79.7 - 94.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    252 SpA Mega Manectric Overheat vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Excadrill: 414-488 (114.6 - 135.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

As you can see, Overheat is vital to taking out certain threats. The power drop does not make too much of a difference, only because you can Volt Switch out into another Pokemon to restore the stat.
  • There's really no reason to have Modest on Rotom-W, because the special attack boost is inferior to have boosted defenses. This is why I would suggest a Bold nature, in order to increase its defense to let it hold out better against the opponent.
  • As a quick nitpick, I would move the 4 HP EVs on Excadrill into Defense to reduce Stealth Rock damage.
Otherwise, this team is pretty solid. Good luck on your team! =)
Lunistrius damn it you're so fast :(

Hi, you have a pretty interesting team here.
I would recommend overheat instead of flamethrower as Lunistrius stated, as it nabs more KOes, and manectric is more of a hit and run attacker. I would also run modest, since timid doesn't really outspeed anything too notable, and modest gives you more power.
Run 44 speed EVs on rotom-w instead of special defense EVs, as this allows you to outspeed azumarill and volt switch out, or will-o-wisp it.
On Greninja, instead of hydro pump, I would run low kick or HP fire. Low kick hits heatran and tyranitar, both of which hydro pump are used for. HP fire hits scizor, ferrothorn and skarmory. Hydro pump isn't really that needed, since gunk shot hits pretty hard already on a neutral hit.
One problem I noticed with this team is that it is EXTREMELY mega sableye weak. Nothing can hit it super effectively, and it can slowly boost up with calm mind and sweep your team with dark pulse or shadow ball. However, there is no real way to fix this, every team has it's weaknesses, and if you try to fix it, it will open up more holes, and will change the structure of the team.
You will have to play very conservatively and carefully when playing against sableye. That said, good luck in battling n_n

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
tbh you don't need any attack investment as you aren't running, and don't need Low Kick and you already OHKO AV azumarill with Gunk Shot (4 Atk Life Orb Protean Greninja Gunk Shot vs. 16 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 390-460 (113 - 133.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO).

May I suggest moving the 4 defense EVs on Excadrill back to HP as it gives it very slightly better overall bulk and its not like a Pokemon with a 4X resistance to SR needs to reduce the damage.
Hi, you have a pretty interesting team here.
I would recommend overheat instead of flamethrower as Lunistrius stated, as it nabs more KOes, and manectric is more of a hit and run attacker. I would also run modest, since timid doesn't really outspeed anything too notable, and modest gives you more power.
Run 44 speed EVs on rotom-w instead of special defense EVs, as this allows you to outspeed azumarill and volt switch out, or will-o-wisp it.
On Greninja, instead of hydro pump, I would run low kick or HP fire. Low kick hits heatran and tyranitar, both of which hydro pump are used for. HP fire hits scizor, ferrothorn and skarmory. Hydro pump isn't really that needed, since gunk shot hits pretty hard already on a neutral hit.
One problem I noticed with this team is that it is EXTREMELY mega sableye weak. Nothing can hit it super effectively, and it can slowly boost up with calm mind and sweep your team with dark pulse or shadow ball. However, there is no real way to fix this, every team has it's weaknesses, and if you try to fix it, it will open up more holes, and will change the structure of the team.
You will have to play very conservatively and carefully when playing against sableye. That said, good luck in battling n_n
On Manectric, keep Timid instead of changing to modest as you can't outpace Greninja with modest, which is pretty important, and the ability to tie with opposing man is rather important as it means you can beat weakened opposing ones semi-reliably. Additionally, if I'm not mistaken, you gain zero notable KOs with Modest, making it even more irrelevant (correct me if I'm wrong, but even if you do it is a poor option on Manectric).

Hydro Pump is needed on Greninja and this team really doesn't need to have coverage vs Heatran, T-Tar and Ferrothorn as all three are already beaten by multiple members of the team already.

hope ive been helpful, and good luck with the team :toast:

Thank you all for your feedback!
Gamer Boy, I am running the extra EV's in Attack to OHKO Sylveon.
Firehusky, even though Mega Sableye is an issue for my team, Greninja will be able to 2HKO it at the very least if I keep Hydro Pump. And being the strongest Water Type move, and the only way to defeat Air Balloon Heatran, I see no reason not to keep it.
I appreciate all your rates! Keep em Coming!!

Ah, I'm responding late to the invitation to evaluate this team (and I'm also not really a good rater), but I'll give it my two cents. It looks like people have given you most of the suggestions I would have (not running Modest Rotom, running 40 attack on Greninja, etc.). As for Flamethrower vs Overheat on Mega Manectric, it's really up to you. The -2 Special Attack that you'll be left with after Overheating does have the potential to leave you in a bad spot, but the power is really nice for a lot of threats. I'd run Overheat if it was me, but I can understand running Flamethrower.

Also, I'd run 0IV Attack on Mega Manectric because 0IV Attack and 30IV Defense still yields Hidden Power Ice (and due to Hidden Power's 6th gen nerf to 60 base power you don't sacrifice any attack power by doing so).

Also, not sure if I'm missing something, but why run 30IVs in Attack and Special Attack on Greninja? Why not run 31 on both?

As GamerBoy said, definitely DO run Timid on Manectric as you may need it to outspeed Greninja and to outspeed Flare Blitz from Jolly Talonflame.

Finally, Resto/Chesto Rotom-W is great, but I've really enjoyed using Leftovers/Pain Split Rotom-W instead. The ability to predict an opponents switch into a full-health 'mon and give it some nice damage from Pain Split (while simultaneously recovering health for Rotom) is always nice. You also don't particularly need a status-absorb due to Conkeldurr's presence on your team.

Nice team overall, hope I helped out somewhat, and I'll leave the changes I suggest below.

Bolt (Manectric) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Shadow (Greninja) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 40 Atk / 216 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 31 Atk / 31 SpA
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot

EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi there! Very solid team, that Sableye weakness is pretty nasty and is the fist thing that needs fixing here. You do have a couple of other weaknesses too. You are very weak to the Lati twins, they can switch in on Manectric and Rotom-W with ease, and can check Cokeldurr and Landorus-T as well. You are also very weak to Mega-Sceptile who checks like 80% of your team and which you don't really have any switchins to. One way to fix both all these issues is by running Clefable over Rotom-W, it is a very good counter to both of these threats. IMO Rotom-W isn't really needed on this team : Landorus-T and MManectric covers most of the things Rotom-W takes on by themselves. However, if you do this, you also need to find a way to deal with Rain teams and Banded Azumarill, since you become weaker to those. This is why I think Ferrothorn could be a good addition to your team too, it checks most rain teams, can stall out rain via Protect, and this also gives you a secondary check to the Latis. I don't think Excadrill is too important for your team, since you already have a Ground type and your team doesn't seem too weak to hazards. However Excadrill is your best check to fairy types, particularly Gardevoir and especially Clefable, and Ferrothorn cannot reliably beat those. Ferrothorn also provides you with SR support which gives you the freedom of running Choice Scarfed Landorus-T as a revenge killer and fast pivot if you want to.

Another thing you could do is run Swords Dance Talonflame. This covers Clefable in one fell swoop. however you can't really replace Excadrill for it becuase you need haard removal obviously, and you can't remove Rotom-W if you use it without losing to rain. Running Talonflame+Ferrothorn over Rotom-W and Landorus-T doesn't seem like a bad idea actually, though HP Fire variants of Latios/Latias can be problematic, this seems like overall the best way to fix your team (if you do this I would also consider removing Excadrill since them its only real role would be removing hazards which it isn't all that great at and run a more reliable hazard remover that doesn't kill your offensive momentum such as Starmie or Latios. Starmie also gives you a nice FWG core so there's that too). Your team already covers the metagame pretty well so there isn't really too much improving to be done here, but definitely try out these Pokemon since they look good for your team.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD (unless I miscalced this takes 2 Low kicks from Mega Swampert from full after Protect.)
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball / Stealth Rock
- Protect

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Hope this helps!

edit : also you might want to mark this as an ORAS team since that's what it is : Gunk Shot is illegal on Greninja in XY.

Last edited:
Your team is pretty interesting and I'm not sure how to fix it without completely changing the team so I'll just offer some minor edits.

You are running Landorus-T + Mega Manectric which are typically paired with offense to hold momentum. Why is UTurn so good? Because you can force a switch then UTurn in a sweeper and keep pressure! Great strategy but your team doesn't really use it to maximum utility with a Ferrothorn, Clefable, and a Conkeldurr which are all really slow.

Your options are really to change almost all of Ferro + Clefable + Conk or change the Greninja and Manectric for something bulkier.

If you're going to pull out two mons just get rid of Manectric for Mega Slowbro and drop Greninja for Sp Def Rotom-W. Once you do that give Clefable a more offensive spread its not really walling anything Landorus-T isn't. Rotom-W over Ninja is kind of a "might as well try it" add on because it allows you to hold on to the integrity of the "volt turn" while helping you a lot with offense which Slowbro does. Theres not really a way to really help without completely defacing the team and starting over with Mega Man + Scarf Lando-T but Slowbro checks rain hard (you never see Ludicolo) and synergizes well with Conk + Clef + Ferro + Lando.

Your team is pretty interesting and I'm not sure how to fix it without completely changing the team so I'll just offer some minor edits.

You are running Landorus-T + Mega Manectric which are typically paired with offense to hold momentum. Why is UTurn so good? Because you can force a switch then UTurn in a sweeper and keep pressure! Great strategy but your team doesn't really use it to maximum utility with a Ferrothorn, Clefable, and a Conkeldurr which are all really slow.

Your options are really to change almost all of Ferro + Clefable + Conk or change the Greninja and Manectric for something bulkier.

If you're going to pull out two mons just get rid of Manectric for Mega Slowbro and drop Greninja for Sp Def Rotom-W. Once you do that give Clefable a more offensive spread its not really walling anything Landorus-T isn't. Rotom-W over Ninja is kind of a "might as well try it" add on because it allows you to hold on to the integrity of the "volt turn" while helping you a lot with offense which Slowbro does. Theres not really a way to really help without completely defacing the team and starting over with Mega Man + Scarf Lando-T but Slowbro checks rain hard (you never see Ludicolo) and synergizes well with Conk + Clef + Ferro + Lando.
I appreciate your rate, but I am not gonna completley change my team. Thanks for the rate though!

Yeah thats why I suggested two mons. No point going into an RMT and saying delete the team. I think youd like trying Slowbro though.

Well you were right! I have made changes to my team, Hope you Enjoy!!!!
You still might want to add some power to that clefable but its up to you. The team has much more of an identity then it did before, it doesnt hit as hard but it should feel a lot easier to play around threats. Lando-T + Megs Slowbro is becoming very common for good reason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)