D/P Sub Salac Garchomp

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, I can vouch for this set and it does play a lot differently than the BrightPowder Chomp. I've been using it on Wi-Fi recently and it's awesome.

[SET]
name: Sub Salac Sweeper
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Swords Dance
move 3: Dragon Claw
move 4: Fire Fang / Earthquake
item: Salac Berry
nature: Adamant / Jolly
evs: 252 Atk/ 6 Def/ 252 Spe
ivs: 30 HP

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>With a little help from Sand Veil, Garchomp can make a fast and deadly late game sweeper. Bring this Garchomp in on something it threatens and Substitute on the switch. It would also be helpful to weaken your opponent's bulky Garchomp counter before attempting to set up. Proceed to Swords Dance, reusing Substitute as necessary. On your third Substitute, Salac Berry will activate, giving you the same speed as a Scarfchomp. From there, just use your two attacks to sweep. It should be noted that if your third Substitute happens to survive due to your opponent missing, resist the urge to Swords Dance again. Keeping the last Substitute up will foil an opponent who relies on priority to kill your weakened Garchomp, and allow you to finish off his team.</p>

<p>Fire Fang is listed as the main option on the set for a number of reasons. Dragon/ Ground miss a few common switch ins to Garchomp, namely Bronzong and Skarmory, who are both more popular than Heatran. Speaking of Heatran, it won't dare stay in on or try and counter Garchomp because it almost always carries Earthquake. Dragon Claw can be used in most situations that call for Earthquake as well. Still, Earthquake could be used for the dual STAB combination that Garchomp is famous for running, and the higher base power.</p>

<p>The choice between natures is a matter of choosing what you need to outspeed. Adamant nature will allow you to be as fast as Scarfchomp after Salac Berry and still has a good deal of power after a few Swords Dances. If you use a Jolly Nature, 60 HP / 248 Atk / 200 Spe is a good EV spread to use. It allows you to outspeed a Modest Choice Scarf Gengar, and the HP EVs allow you to make stronger Substitutes. It does come with a 10% drop in power over an Adamant nature though.</p>

<p>Like most Substitute users, this Garchomp won't enjoy Toxic Spikes on your side of the field. Sandstorm support is almost necessary, as an unfortunate miss by your opponent could spell their demise. As a side note, standard Bronzong, who normally uses 152 Attack EVs with a neutral nature, will not be able to break Garchomp's Sub if Reflect is up.</p>
Only formatting problems I found were missing spaces between slashes (which I highlighted in bold). I think it is worth mentioning Magnezone support in the section about Fire Fang / Earthquake. Get rid of Bronzong and Skarmory and there is no real reason to use Fire Fang. The rest looks good.

Fire Fang is listed as the main option on the set for a number of reasons. Dragon/ Ground miss a few common switch ins to Garchomp, namely Bronzong and Skarmory, who are both more popular than Heatran. Speaking of Heatran, it won't dare stay in on or try and counter Garchomp because it almost always carries Earthquake.
This sounds a bit iffy, I don't really know how it can be fixed though... Err, how about:

Fire Fang is listed as the main option for several reasons. Dragon / Ground is a great typing combination, but falls short to a couple of common Garchomp switch ins, namely Bronzong and Skarmory, who are both used more to counter Garchomp rather than Heatran, as Garchomp nearly always carries Earthquake.

Better?

maddog

is a master debater
is a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks phuquoph and Bentendo. Fixed the spacing errors and I rewrote the intro to the second paragraph. It isn't exactly what you wrote, but I think it sounds alot better now.

maddog

is a master debater
is a Contributor Alumnus
I added those actually. Third paragraph :)

Anyway, put it on the scms, so i'm locking this up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)