Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Thunder Wave / Encore
- Recover

Turn the tide of battle with CAP's newest addition! Cresceidon's typing and bulk let it handle dangerous offensive Pokemon like Gouging Fire, Walking Wake, Hemogoblin, and Roaring Moon while giving it the capacity to situationally check most Pokemon in the format thanks to its Speed and Multiscale. Common switch-ins such as Venomicon and Gholdengo can be easily frustrated by Moonblast and Scald's secondary effects. Thunder Wave cripples fast offensive threats for the rest of the team and works in tandem with Cresceidon's STAB combo dissuading Ground-types like Equilibra and Great Tusk. Encore is an alternate option that can shut down setup sweepers like Kingambit and Ogerpon-W or even punish slower walls by locking them into weak attacks or recovery moves. Tera Poison lets Cresceidon flip its matchup versus Grass- and Poison-types like Rillaboom, Serperior, and Venomicon, as well as dodging Toxic. Because Heavy-Duty Boots is crucial to avoid hazard damage and maintain Multiscale, Gliscor makes an excellent partner that can absorb Knock Off, alongside handling Poison- and Electric-type moves. Hex Dragapult loves Cresceidon's ability to spread status with Thunder Wave and Scald, allowing it to clean teams much more efficiently.

Last edited:

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
WIP notes:
  • I'll look to fluff up the analysis for spotlight hype when I've been awake for more than 20 minutes
  • Tried to make sure as much use-case/strategy info was there as possible
  • Didn't explain EVs, but max Speed/max HP may not be as intuitive as I think
  • Character count: 1066. Let me know how much I can ride this limit if more info needs added
  • Could definitely provide more concrete examples of when Encore is helpful

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
I have updated spotlight to be cooler, ready for qc
  • Wittier writing
  • More pokemon examples
  • Better strategy tips
  • No more false information about Grass and Poison being neutral against Poison or something stupid like that
  • 1191 characters (1012 without spaces)

spoo

is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Cresceidon @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Multiscale
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Thunder Wave / Encore
- Recover

Turn the tide of battle with CAP's newest addition! this is a good opener excellent work shnow Cresceidon's typing and bulk let it handle dangerous offensive Pokemon like Gouging Fire, Walking Wake, Hemogoblin, and Roaring Moon, while having the capacity to situationally check most Pokemon in the format thanks to its Speed and Multiscale. Common switch-ins such as Venomicon and Gholdengo can be easily frustrated by Moonblast and Scald's secondary effects the word count should be fine after all my changes but if GP says its too long then i think this sentence can be cut. Thunder Wave cripples fast offensive threats for the rest of the team, and works in tandem with Cresceidon's STAB combo dissuading Ground-types like Equilibra and Great Tusk. Encore is an alternate option that can force out Pokemon with proper timing and positioning, or used late-game to give a teammate space shut down set-up sweepers like Kingambit, Ogerpon-Wellspring, or even punish slower walls by locking them into weak attacks or their recovery move this sentence felt rly vague to me so i just tried to make it more specific. In a pinch, Tera Poison lets Cresceidon shut down previously Super Effective attacks flip its matchup versus Grass- and Poison-types like Rillaboom, Serperior, and Venomicon, also dodging Toxic in a pinch this sentence also felt quite vague to me. Because Heavy-Duty Boots are crucial for Cresciedon's success by letting it to avoid hazard damage and maintain Multiscale, (AC) . Retaining Cresceidon's item is vital for its success, making Gliscor makes an excellent partner that can absorb Knock Off, alongside handling Poison- and Electric-type moves. Hex Dragapult loves Cresceidon's efficient use of ability to spread status with Thunder Wave and Scald, and the two working together creates a fast status-spreading core allowing it to clean teams much more efficiently.
looks like a lot of changes but i basically just tried to make one or two sentenecs more specific while saving on space where i could, well done qc 1/1

Milak

Stoïque fierté
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Add
Remove (RC=remove comma)

Cresceidon @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Multiscale
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Thunder Wave / Encore
- Recover

Turn the tide of battle with CAP's newest addition! Cresceidon's typing and bulk let it handle dangerous offensive Pokemon like Gouging Fire, Walking Wake, Hemogoblin, and Roaring Moon,(RC) while having giving it the capacity to situationally check most Pokemon in the format thanks to its Speed and Multiscale. Common switch-ins such as Venomicon and Gholdengo can be easily frustrated by Moonblast and Scald's secondary effects. Thunder Wave cripples fast offensive threats for the rest of the team,(RC) and works in tandem with Cresceidon's STAB combo dissuading Ground-types like Equilibra and Great Tusk. Encore is an alternate option that can shut down set-up setup sweepers like Kingambit,(RC) and Ogerpon-Wellspring,(RC) or even punish slower walls by locking them into weak attacks or recovery moves. Tera Poison lets Cresceidon flip its matchup versus Grass- and Poison-types like Rillaboom, Serperior, and Venomicon, also as well as dodging Toxic. Because Heavy-Duty Boots are is crucial to avoid hazard damage and maintain Multiscale, Gliscor makes an excellent partner that can absorb Knock Off, alongside handling Poison- and Electric-type moves. Hex Dragapult loves Cresceidon's ability to spread status with Thunder Wave and Scald, allowing it to clean teams much more efficiently.
milak-gp-small.gif

GP Team done

Samirsin

✧Rey de los Snom✧
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Translator here (hello cap:):ababo:)
Common switch-ins such as Venomicon and Gholdengo can be easily frustrated by Moonblast and Scald's secondary effects.
Wouldn't it be better for Scald and Moonblast to swap places as Scald affects Venomicon and Moonblast affects Gholdengo?

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
Neither really appreciates the chance of getting burned or having their Special Attack dropped, even though they can come in comfortably otherwise.

The point of the line is to say "Pokemon that are capable of standing up to Cresceidon's attacks still have to contend with potential secondary effects" whilst giving concrete examples of what typically can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)