Create-a-move

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, with CAP being a really cool idea that I liked, I got an idea, so with me reading The Smog(some would too much) I found a thread(that I don't recall) that had some ideas for moves, one of them being a dark type Double-Edge. And(if J.K Rowling can start a sentence with "and" so can I)that was when my amazing brain(aren't I humble) thought of: this thread's title! So, without further ado, I present: Create-a-move!!!!!(unneeded exclamation marks FTW!)

If this didn't already become apparent to you, Create-a-move, or Cam, is basically CAP, except for moves(if you don't know what CAP is, um, look it up?), so the basic idea of this project is to create moves that fit certain role within a pokemon(pokemon is inherently plural so no "s" is needed), in the spirit of Elaboration I'm going to elaborate(redundancy FTW!) by describing a move's journey through the pipeline of steps that either result in Ctrl+Alt+Delete, or result in it becoming a (very prestigious, right!, right?) full-blown CAM move!(I will also stop this stupid parenthesis comedy for those who find it annoying (AKA: everyone reading this thread))

Step 1: conception
This is where the basic idea of the move will be, so what the move is, and what it aims to accomplish for a group of pokemon, specific details would not be covered though
(name, pokemon that would learn it(other than ones it aims at), power, accuracy, additional effects that apply to it(that are not considered highly relevant to the move), or type (if not considered highly relevant to the move)).
Step 2: Specifics

This is where any specifics not covered in step 1 will be created,
such as: power, accuracy, side effects, or type.

Step 3: Pokemon that learn this move

This step includes any and all pokemon who can learn this move,
this both includes pokemon directly aimed at for this move(if any), as well as a variety of other pokemon who also learn it for the sake of unorthodox movesets.

This thread is unfinished I posted this accidentally

Last edited:
This has been suggested before. Unfortunately, since social groups were lost in the switch to XenForo, the one that resolved those suggestions is gone. Unless social groups are implemented again, there's nowhere on Smogon to discuss CAM, and it's not something we'll actually support on the forums. Sorry :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)