Conan's Revamped Team

Alright I got some more evd pokemon and decided to make an upgraded team from before. I feel I have covered more bases with this team and this team gives me a really good chance to win.

A Quick Look at the Team

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed - Torrent
240 HP/216 Def/52 SP.Atk
~ Ice Beam
~ Stealth Rock
~ Earthquake
~ Hydro Pump

I Know Swampert is not your typical lead pokemon, and that is why I chose him as my lead. He s a stealth rocker who has a lot of move coverage with Ice Beam, Earthquake, and Hydro Pump. It can do something against most leads.

Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant - Technician
236 HP/252 Atk/20 Def
~ Bullet Punch
~ Swords Dance
~ Superpower
~ Roost

Honestly, I have loved Scizor before the whole Platinum upgrade for him, now he is just more useable. He has the much better Bulet Punch now instead of Quick Attack, and I added Superpower as well because with 394 attack it is pretty beastly.

Infernape @ Life Orb
Naive - Blaze
24 Atk/252 SP.Atk/232 Spe
~ HP Ice
~ Nasty Plot
~ Close Combat
~ Thunderpunch

Infernape is possibly the best mixed attacker this game has today. Thats exactly why I chose him, along with Swampert, for mixed attackers. I like having the option of physical or special attacks when I need them.

Registeel @ Leftovers
Careful - Clear Body
252 HP/6 Atk/252 SpD
~ Ice Punch
~ Curse
~ Thunderpunch
~ Counter

I didnt want to be like everyone else and grab a blissey for a sp.def wall, so I grabed this guy. He is a curser as well which is great considering after a curse or 2 he will be extremely hard to take down, let alone dish out his on damage.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid - Levitate
4 HP/252 Sp.Atk/252 Spe
~ HP Ice
~ Thunderbolt
~ Shadowball
~ Focus Blast

Gengar is here because of the Deoxys-E banning obviously. He is still a great special attacker and I love his great move pool he has. This one has HP Ice also which is even better than usual, now I have an answer for dragons when he is out.

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Impish - Sand Veil
252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
~ Ice Fang
~ Knock Off
~ Earthquake
~ Roost

Gliscor and Weavile are my favorite pokemon cause they are so cool looking. Unlike Weavile however, Gliscor can take a beating while exposing the opponents weakness and taking there item. He is a great all around pokemon and I will have him on most of my teams.​

First things first, I really don't like Swampert as a lead, you may put this down to personal preference but I'm not so sure. All it accomplishes is Stealth Rock, and will be infinately walled by Bronzong or taken out by a Suicide leads explosion. It also doesn't fare well against Lead Skymin. Perhaps Leading with Gengar may be a better Idea, which will allow you to deal with Suiciders who dont carry psychic and also lead Hippowdon if they dont carry Crunch. You could also try bronzong as a lead who can not only Stealth Rock, but also trick, hit suicides hard with Gyro Ball and can Explode if he wants too.

I do like the Scizor set, but the only problem with it is the way that it is infinately walled by Celebi, Slowbro, Cresslia any BUlky Psychic you can lay your hands on, I really seriously do reccomend having X-Scizzor as most Heatran are going to be scarfed and able to revenge kill you. X-Scizzor will allow you to hit so many more things that would other wise wall you.

Because of the change to Bronzong that I suggested, a lead that can actually do something I reccomend changing Registeel to a Vaporeon who can do well against Scarftran. Vaporeon can provide you with TOxic or Wish support if nessecary, if you want it to pack a little more offensive power then go with Milotic. Calm Mind Slowbro will also wortk well in this slot as you will maintain the Special walling ability assuming you get a few CMs in, you will also maintain a decent amount of Physical Bulk, but will allow you to deal with said Scarf Tran so much better as you are a little weak at the moment.

Infernape needs Flamethrower / Fire Blast no doubt about it, against Skarm you will only muster a maximum of 40% unboosted and 80% with the Nasty Plot boost. It will KO you back with Drill Peck, and the whole point of infernape is lost in the first Place. Put Flamethrower > either ThunderPunch or Nasty Plot, whichever you think you need least, either that or make him into physical ape who only has HP Ice to hit dragons with, the set you are currently running accomplishes nothing.

As for the team as a whole I struggle to see what you do against Zapdos as it will manage to take down the whole of your team. Even with Swampert still in it take you down with HP Grass, again I might suggest Blissey over Registeel, who cant do a hell of a lot back to Zapdos, Ice Punches are easily Roosted off, so maybe Blissey would help in that slot. As you may have noticed this rate has been a little all over the place and I think that represents the state that your team is in, A complete overhaul might not be a bad idea, and come up with a strategy to base your team around. I do hope some of this helped though :D

Well, I hate blissey personally so thats probably not going to happen and curse is on registeel for a boost to his atk and def so its good. X-Scissor is something i considered but not realy sure what to get rid of for it.

Sorry, the mention of Heatran was because you would get rid of Super Power for it, gaining coverage over the other lot but losing coverage against him.

EDIT: Seems a little silly to say that when he has Scizor waiting around the corner for it. From what Ive seen BP Scizor does a good job of getting rid of gengar, anyway.

Your team is really gengar weak,especially against those subgars. I would switch sczor into some varient with pursuit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)