Cloud types

hello everyone. I am musique. Today I will be sharing with you what a cloud type is, the best ones, and common misconceptions about clouds.
Cloud types

1614977900408.png

This is a cumulonimbus. These clouds are characterized by their tall, dark shape and often mean rain and thunderstorms are coming your way. In dry places, such as where I live, these are a welcome sight. However, if one lives in less dry places, these are often not fun to see. However, they do give you a great excuse to stay home and play showdown, tho.

1614977982676.png

These clouds are cirrocumulus. They often mean dry, sunny days. In many parts of the world, these are a welcome sight. They are characterized by their flat look, and small circular blotches spread about the sky.

1614978396569.png

Nimbostratus are my personal favorite type of cloud. They are hazy and grey, and with them, rain often appears.

The naming system of clouds
Clouds are often mixes of different sections of words, each meaning a different thing. If you know just these, you can name nearly every cloud.

Stratus/Strato = flat/layered and smooth
Cumulus/Cumulo = heaped up/puffy
Cirrus/Cirro = high up/ wispy
Alto = medium level
Nimbus/Nimbo = rain bearing

For example, Cumulonimbus are heaped up, rain-bearing clouds. Nimbostratus are rain-bearing, flat and smooth clouds.
Common Cloud Misconceptions
Although everyone knows clouds, not everyone knows everything correctly. Here are some common cloud misconceptions:

1. Clouds are made of cotton candy
despite popular belief, clouds are not made of cotton candy. if you were to somehow jump up and taste a cloud, it would not be sweet.

2. Clouds are made of a solid flooring material
Common anti-cloud propaganda nowadays spread fairy tales that suggest that clouds are safe to stand on, or solid enough to say, build a castle on. This is not the case. Clouds are a poor choice if you are looking for a solid foundation.

3.Clouds are made of ice
Although not completely true. Clouds are made of a combination of ice particles and water. Close one!

4. Rain is god urinating/crying
Neither of these is the case. Rain occurs when clouds fall. Oftentimes, the ice particles within the clouds un-freeze before they hit the ground, but occasionally they won't, and will fall as hail.

5. Snow is god's dandruff
Snowflakes are ice particles that have formed in a peculiar manner. It is said that no two snowflakes are the same.

6. The "Cloud" cloud type.
1614978783252.png

^This is not a cloud

1614978800082.png

^this is a cloud

1614978836630.png

^This is not a cloud

1614978860790.png

^this is a cloud

Thank you for attending my cloud speech. What is your favorite type of cloud? Post pictures below. If you feel like getting smarter, you can try and name the above cloud pictures using only the meanings of the prefixes and suffixes you learned above.

Attachments

Can you tell me what a cloud type Pokemon would be weak to, resist, or be inumme to, and what a cloud type move would hit super effectively, not very effectively, or not hit at all?

Can you tell me what a cloud type Pokemon would be weak to, resist, or be inumme to, and what a cloud type move would hit super effectively, not very effectively, or not hit at all?
Cloud-type is immune to all types, and all types are immune to it. Due to cloud-types only being able to learn cloud-type moves, most consider it ignorable in battle, and a purely aesthetic feature

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)