Charge of the Light Brigade

I felt like making an RU team, as I've never tried before. I <3 sun, it's my weather, but it was extremely hard to put together. "Sun....RU....Sun.....RU...." (Repeat)
Well, without further ado, the team!
Team at a glance:

Uxie @ Heat Rock
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
Bold Nature
- Sunny Day
- Stealth Rock
- Memento
- Psychic
Uxie is my lead, and primary sun setter. It is primarily a physical wall, as you can tell from the EVs. Sunny Day should be obvious, Stealth Rock is for hazards. Psychic is reliable STAB and Memento is good for letting a sweeper like Victreebel come in. Uxie is one of the best leads in the tier imo, because of its versatility, excellent defenses, and good speed. (For a defensive Pokemon) It carries the Heat Rock for extended sun.

Victreebel @ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Naive Nature
- Growth
- Sludge Bomb
- Weather Ball
- Leaf Blade
Victreebel is my primary sweeper, and one of my favorite Pokemon with Sun teams, as some other people can attest. xD. I maximize it's offenses for potential without any boosts. I dump the last 4 EVs into speed just because. Life Orb so I can switch attacks, and for two other reasons: 1) Victreebel is frail and if I use Choice items I'll have to switch and rack up more hazard damage and 2) I'm using both sides of the offensive spectrum, and LO boosts both Attack and Special Attack. Growth is an excellent boosting move under sun, doubling both Attack and Special Attack, along with the Chlorophyll speed boost makes it near unstoppable. Weather Ball is Fire type under Sun, with 150 power iirc. Sludge Bomb and Leaf Blade are powerful STABs.

Kabutops @ Lum Berry
Trait: Battle Armor
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall
I really don't have an idea about this guy's set. 8D Which is why I'm running two Water moves on a Sun team and a Lum Berry. I guess part of the reason is that I wanted the team to survive reasonably without Sun, and Waterfall is reliable whereas Aqua Jet is much needed priority. This thing also hard counters Entei with its 4x Flare Blitz resist and good defense. Rapid Spin is omnipresent, it seems at times, and for good reason. The ability to remove hazards is great. Stone Edge is good STAB though, even with its accuracy. I also don't really know what ability to run, atm I'm running Battle Armor because I don't have recovery and I don't want stray crits.
*EDIT* Replaced Lum with LO, but I think it needs Lefties more, especially with all the switching it has in its spinning role. Moveset is now Superpower/Rapid Spin/Aqua Jet/Stone Edge

Typhlosion @ Choice Specs
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Eruption
- Focus Blast
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Rock]
Typhlosionnnnnnn. Specs is sooo powerful if it has full Hp + Sun up. The horribly high base power plus STAB dents most everything in RU. Focus Blast is powerful secondary coverage primarily on Rock types. Fire Blast is good when my HP gets lower, and when it gets low enough, Blaze kicks in. HP Rock hits Moltres and other Fire or Flying types. and anyways I <3 typhlosion

Leafeon (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Careful Nature
- Sunny Day
- Leaf Blade
- Return
- X-Scissor
Leafeon is my other Sun setter. (I need more, don't I?) Careful props up its less than stellar Special Defense, and HP + Atk maximize durability + powerful. It counters DD Crawdaunt hard, as it can take a +1 Crunch and KO back with Leaf Blade. Leaf Blade + Return + X-Scissor is coverage, although I think I should replace X-Scissor with like Wish or Heal Bell or something. 8DAnyways, this is a great late-game cleaner-upper with Sun up, and still pretty good without.

Emboar @ Leftovers
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Flame Charge
- Wild Charge
- Flare Blitz
- Brick Break
My second starter. 8D Flame Charge boosts his nonexistant speed, and Flare Blitz and Brick Break are good STABs. I picked BB over SuperPower as I don't want to have to switch after using SuperPower if I have some Flame Charge boosts, plus I didn't really want more moves with negative effects. 8D Brick Break also can destroy screens, but that's more of a fringe benefit than a reason to use it. Wild Charge covers Water types and Flying Types, for coverage. Lefties kind of offset the recoil from Flare Blitz/Wild Charge and get it some added survivability.

So, rate please. I'm looking mainly for Leafeon and Kabutops changes, as those are the two which I'm the least sure about~

A sun team in RU is a really interesting idea, and certainly not something you see everyday. However, I do see a few changes I think you could make.
First off Memento is a really interesting move to see in competitive. I almost never see it and this is simply because it causes you to lose a Pokemon simply to lower your opponent's Attack and Special Attack, which can simply be undone by switching out. The only reason to use Memento is if you have a Pokemon that can REALLY take advantage of it, but I don't think you have too much to take advantage of it.
First off, I would say that Emboar won't do much for your team. I would recommend replacing it with Shell Smash Crustle. While it doesn't take as much advantage from the sun, it would greatly appreciate the support from Uxie with SR and Memento. It also might be nice to have a sweeper that relies less on the sun if you ever have trouble getting it up or keeping it there. Simply a standard Shell Smash Crustle would do, and should look something like:
Crustle @ White Herb
Trait: Sturdy
Adamant Nature (+Atk, - Spatk)
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Shell Smash
- X-Scissor
- Stone Edge/Rock Blast
- Earthquake

I would also recommend changing Leafeon's set a bit, to use Jolly over Careful Nature, and Heal Bell over Return. Leafeon seems more like a support Pokemon that can also take advantage of the sun, and these changes would help it more. Running a Jolly Nature with 224 EVs in Speed will allow Leafeon to outspeed every Pokemon in the tier that has a lower base speed than it outside of the sun to help it set up Sunny Day or heal the team. I generally use Heal Bell on Leafeon as it really helps teams avoid status, which i think you could find useful, especially if you decide to run the Crustle I suggested. the Leafeon spread should look something like this:
Leafeon @ Leftovers/Heat Rock
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 224 Spd
- Sunny Day
- Leaf Blade
- Heal Bell
- X-Scissor

The only other two things I can think of are very minor. First, you may want to use SolarBeam over Leaf Blade for Vicreebel. That way, you don't need the Attack Ev's, and can invest in Speed, which would probably help Victreebel even more. This would also allow you to run a Modest Nature.
Also, what happened to the extra 4 EVs on Leafeon and Emboar? Did you forget them in your team, or just while typing it up? You never know when the extra 4 Evs could help, so i always recommed putting them somewhere on your Pokemon.
Besides that, this team looks pretty solid. Good luck using Sun in RU, I really like the idea! :)

Thanks, and I'll try those out, but why replace Return instead of X-Scissor on Leafeon? Return is more powerful and achieves better coverage with Leaf Blade.

The more I think about it, the more I see the advantages to both. I guess I was biased by a personal preference of attacks the can be super-effective against some Pokemon, making me not be a very big fan or Normal-type attacks. But the extra power of Return could help as well. It's your team, so if Return seems right, then go for it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)