Tournament CAPPL X - Manager Signups

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
CAP Premier League X - Manager Signups

Our biggest tournament of the year – now 33% bigger! We have 8 teams to be run by qualified and able managers. What this generally involves is scouting out each player who signs up, formulating a coherent strategy for the draft, maintaining correspondence with the host (me) in regards to weekly lineups and potential substitutions, keeping your team active and well coordinated, and approaching staff with any issues as the tournament progresses.

The length of this tournament will be 9 weeks after Player Signups close. This projects the end of the tournament to be sometime during August. Please make sure you'll have the time and energy to commit to managing for such a long period should you sign up. If you believe you have what it takes, use the template below!

Code:
Manager
Assistant Manager:
Team Name:
List of Accomplishments:
Why you would make a good manager:
You are expected to confirm your position in a follow-up post if you aren't the OP.

Signups will last until May 25!

spoo

is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Modpost rq, CAP mods + tour hosts have decided that the move from six to eight teams, as well as CAPPL’s 10th anniversary, is the perfect occasion to introduce permanent franchises into the tournament (as shnowshner alluded to earlier in the policy thread.)

CAPPL VIII’s winners the Storming Saharajas, CAPPL VI and CAPTT V’s winners the Surging Snaelstroms, and CAPTT II and III’s winners the Choice Band Revenankhs will be permanent teams that follow this tour into the future. These are the only three franchises to have won the tournament more than once (counting the Vengeful Venomicons as the Saharajas’ spiritual successor) and have left their mark on the tour in one way or another, earning their spot as permanent fixtures in CAPPL.

If you’d like to claim the Surging Snaelstroms, Storming Saharajas, or Choice Band Revenankhs then just say so in your signup post.

Fragments

Always remember
is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
Manager: Fragments
Assistant Manager: velvet
Team Name: Voodoom Patrol
List of Accomplishments:
I've managed RBTT (3x), UMPL (2x), BLT (2x), OUPL, 1v1pl, 2v2pl, CAPPL, ADPL, EPL, NDPL, OMPL, PUWC, and UWC. Only ever missed playoffs twice in all the PL's I've managed. I managed CAPPL last year and played in CAPCL, ending 5-2 and winning the tour for my team in finals tb. Velvet has managed NDPL, OUPL, UWC, BDSPPL, and WCOP. She's played CAPPL twice, made finals two years ago and went 3-0 last year.
Why you would make a good manager: We both have extensive knowledge of the community and have the ability to support all gens of cap. We also have an incredible depth of manager experience between us and know how to draft fun, active teams that are strong playoff contenders.

Manager: Fragments
Assistant Manager: velvet
Team Name: Voodoom Patrol
List of Accomplishments:
I've managed RBTT (3x), UMPL (2x), BLT (2x), OUPL, 1v1pl, 2v2pl, CAPPL, ADPL, EPL, NDPL, OMPL, PUWC, and UWC. Only ever missed playoffs twice in all the PL's I've managed. I managed CAPPL last year and played in CAPCL, ending 5-2 and winning the tour for my team in finals tb. Velvet has managed NDPL, OUPL, UWC, BDSPPL, and WCOP. She's played CAPPL twice, made finals two years ago and went 3-0 last year.
Why you would make a good manager: We both have extensive knowledge of the community and have the ability to support all gens of cap. We also have an incredible depth of manager experience between us and know how to draft fun, active teams that are strong playoff contenders.
confirming

Concept Everything

Neko no Ensekan
is a Pre-Contributor
Manager: Concept Everything
Assistant Manager: Da Pizza Man
Team Name: Caribolters
List of Accomplishments: DPM and I both managed for and won the last iteration of CAPCL, with our support the Skwovets were able to win the tour without dropping a single week. DPM and I are both managing for AXPL on separate teams, I’m currently managing for BKCPL and BDSPPL and have managed for ALTPL.

DPM and I have a very high understanding of the various CAP metagames and can guarantee a successful run in CAPPL with our support and teambuilding. Both DPM and I were able to foster a very healthy and active team environment which ultimately made the team very enjoyable for everyone on the Skwovets. We can guarantee a healthy and competitive team environment that will improve on the current metagames in this iteration of CAPPL.

Throughout the last year I have been contributing to the continuation and development of various underplayed CAP metagames by hosting tournaments, because of this I have a very good understanding of the various metagames. DPM has also been hosting tournaments and has a very solid understanding of the recent metagames.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Manager: Concept Everything
Assistant Manager: Da Pizza Man
Team Name: Caribolters
List of Accomplishments: DPM and I both managed for and won the last iteration of CAPCL, with our support the Skwovets were able to win the tour without dropping a single week. DPM and I are both managing for AXPL on separate teams, I’m currently managing for BKCPL and BDSPPL and have managed for ALTPL.

DPM and I have a very high understanding of the various CAP metagames and can guarantee a successful run in CAPPL with our support and teambuilding. Both DPM and I were able to foster a very healthy and active team environment which ultimately made the team very enjoyable for everyone on the Skwovets. We can guarantee a healthy and competitive team environment that will improve on the current metagames in this iteration of CAPPL.

Throughout the last year I have been contributing to the continuation and development of various underplayed CAP metagames by hosting tournaments, because of this I have a very good understanding of the various metagames. DPM has also been hosting tournaments and has a very solid understanding of the recent metagames.

Weapon Reskins in TF2 have always seemed like a strange case to me. On one hand if you like how a weapon works but hate how it looks it's nice to have another option to choose from. But on the other hand, reskins usually look like they would function differently from their counterpart. And I've always thought it would be neat if cool looking weapons like the maul had more of an identity than "Its the Homewrecker but for rich people" So I took a large number of weapon reskins currently available in the game and gave them their own set of stats ranging from "Slightly modified sidegrade to the original" to "Completely new weapon idea that's not balanced at all but a ton of fun."

SHSP

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributor
Manager: SHSP
Assistant Manager: Wulfanator
Team Name: reclaiming the Storming Saharajas
List of Accomplishments: We’re back to back champs, Wulf is a back to back to back champ managing. I won a CL as a player and another PL managing before.
Why you would make a good manager: the threepeat is happening.

Manager: One Last Kiss
Assistant Manager: Ina fable
Team name: Golden Time Equilibras
List of achievements:

Ina has done good individual races, last year she reached a ssnl finals and qualified for the SS ribbon, and yesterday her team won uupl.

For my part, I have won several CA in teamtours in the past and in one of these as captain (although they were removed because I was banned)

Why you would be a good manager:
We both have experience as a manager, Irene has captained bsspl and OUPL, and has also been in multiple teamtours (Premier leagues) of low tiers and old gens, in addition to her team making finals in their first time playing CAP in the recent CAPCL.

I have captained SSPL, ADPL and PTPL in the past obtaining good reviews as a manager, and I participated last year in capcl and CAPPL where my team reached the finals in the last edition. We are definitely a duo with experience in team tours and the tier, so what better time to captain something than now, if u guys choose us we will definitely be a duo that will give their best to win.

Ina fable

Ando bien Inflamable
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
Manager: One Last Kiss
Assistant Manager: Ina fable
Team name: Golden Time Equilibras
List of achievements:

Ina has done good individual races, last year she reached a ssnl finals and qualified for the SS ribbon, and yesterday her team won uupl.

For my part, I have won several CA in teamtours in the past and in one of these as captain (although they were removed because I was banned)

Why you would be a good manager:
We both have experience as a manager, Irene has captained bsspl and OUPL, and has also been in multiple teamtours (Premier leagues) of low tiers and old gens, in addition to her team making finals in their first time playing CAP in the recent CAPCL.

I have captained SSPL, ADPL and PTPL in the past obtaining good reviews as a manager, and I participated last year in capcl and CAPPL where my team reached the finals in the last edition. We are definitely a duo with experience in team tours and the tier, so what better time to captain something than now, if u guys choose us we will definitely be a duo that will give their best to win.
confirming:boi:

Manager: Potatochan
Assistant Manager: zioziotrip
Team Name: BREEZIN' BREEZIS :Breezi:

List of Accomplishments: We've both been active players in the CAP space for a couple years with positive records and good team presence. We are both active builders with the ability to supply multiple slots with quality assitance. I achieved a 10-0 record in CAP team tours last year, as well as being frequently active for tests in other gens, and zio had a positive performance in a CAPPL which he won. I have performed at a high level in various other tours such as BWPL while zio has a strong track record in officials.

Why you would make a good manager: I have managed various tours on smogon such as AAAPL and 1v1PL, as well as somehow getting pulled into a shadow manager role in many of the team tournaments that I join. zio is currently shadow managing wcop and also has various management experience (UMPL, 1v1PL, offsite tours). We have played in a truly baffling number of team tours, both smogon and off, we're familiar with what makes a winning environment and how to build a draft.

Manager: Potatochan
Assistant Manager: zioziotrip
Team Name: BREEZIN' BREEZIS :Breezi:

List of Accomplishments: We've both been active players in the CAP space for a couple years with positive records and good team presence. We are both active builders with the ability to supply multiple slots with quality assitance. I achieved a 10-0 record in CAP team tours last year, as well as being frequently active for tests in other gens, and zio had a positive performance in a CAPPL which he won. I have performed at a high level in various other tours such as BWPL while zio has a strong track record in officials.

Why you would make a good manager: I have managed various tours on smogon such as AAAPL and 1v1PL, as well as somehow getting pulled into a shadow manager role in many of the team tournaments that I join. zio is currently shadow managing wcop and also has various management experience (UMPL, 1v1PL, offsite tours). We have played in a truly baffling number of team tours, both smogon and off, we're familiar with what makes a winning environment and how to build a draft.
confirmo

Dj Breloominati♬

1% chance 99% faith
is a Top Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
Manager: Dj Breloominati♬
Assistant Manager: pannu
Team Name: No Fucks Great Tusks :great_tusk:
List of Accomplishments: Both of us have been mainstays in cap teamtours for a while now. We are looking to run it back and go all the way this year.
Why you would make a good manager: With me keeping the waifubot in check, pannu's drive will go off the charts and you will see golbat loaded in SM. Will also introduce 3 new indians to cap this year.

pannu

pokejeff
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Manager: Dj Breloominati♬
Assistant Manager: pannu
Team Name: No Fucks Great Tusks :great_tusk:
List of Accomplishments: Both of us have been mainstays in cap teamtours for a while now. We are looking to run it back and go all the way this year.
Why you would make a good manager: With me keeping the waifubot in check, pannu's drive will go off the charts and you will see golbat loaded in SM. Will also introduce 3 new indians to cap this year.
EL CONFIRMO

Icemaster

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Manager: Icemaster
Assman: Binacle Pinnacle
Team Name: Prometeo Primeapes
List of Accomplishments: Forcefully took control of a CAPCL team formed of sabotaging managers and lead them to a finals Tiebreaker. BinaclePinnacle leads DPP CAP while I lead OM, ND, Ubers, AG and every single associated CAP format with those tiers.

Why you would make a good manager: In our very first CAP team tournament appearance we made finals TB even though we were plotting against each other. Now that we're ready to work together, we should have no trouble winning this tournament.

Last edited:
Manager: Icemaster
Assman: Binacle Pinnacle
Team Name: Prometeo Primeapes
List of Accomplishments: Forcefully took control of a CAPCL team formed of sabotaging managers and lead them to a finals Tiebreaker. BinaclePinnacle leads DPP CAP while I lead OM, ND, Ubers, AG and every single associated CAP format with those tiers.

Why you would make a good manager: In our very first CAP team tournament appearance we made finals TB even though we were plotting against each other. Now that we're ready to work together, we should have no trouble winning this tournament.
Confirmed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)