Tournament CAPPL VI - Finals

LucarioOfLegends

Master Procraster
is a CAP Contributor
This tournament has had many ups and downs, but sooner or later a champion must be crowned. So here we are... the finals for CAPPL VI!

In the blue corner, we have a team that has had a phenomenal performance over the course of this tournament. Will they continue their impressive record and take home their second consecutive CAPPL win, or are their recent performances sign of a choke? It's the Surging Snaelstroms!

And in the red corner, a team that has fought tooth and nail to get their way into finals against all of the other fantastic competitors. Their team is formidable and their willpower unmatched, so will they steal the victory here today or will they come up just short? It's the Jumbo Jumbaos!

Let's go out with a bang!

Surging Snaelstroms (4) :snaelstrom: vs Jumbo Jumbaos (2) :jumbao:
SS Bo3: xavgb vs Jrdn
SS1: aesf vs SunMYSER
SS2: pinkdragontamer vs Ho3nConfirm3d
SS3: Andyboy vs Rabia
SM1: Jordy vs quziel
SM2: Jho vs Finchinator

Your deadline is Monday, August 31! Get your matches scheduled ASAP, and if you absolutely need it make sure to ask for an extension!

- As a tournament on Smogon, we follow all rules present here.

- Unless you are playing in SS Bo3, all matches will default to Bo1.

-All matches played must have a replay saved. It is the winner of the match who has responsibility to post the replay for match, though the loser is definitely allowed to confirm the loss with a reply as well, and teammates are allowed to post replays as well; the main point is that replays have to be presented. It is unfair to NOT have your match's replay shared because if every replay is available then it presents an equal access to the proof of the players' skills in the context of this tournament. Not sharing replays makes it harder for a particular player to be studied, which is unfair to the players that do put themselves in the public eye via this tournament and their replays.

-Matches must be played in their corresponding format. Do not play in Custom Battles.

-Try to contact your opponent immediately and VM them/post a message on their Smogon wall. Keep scheduling public so that your scheduling attempts can be verified. If you are having trouble contacting your opponent for match scheduling, contact the opposing team to help notify your opponent or get a substitution for them if necessary. If you opponent agrees on a scheduled time but does not show up for the match, then record proof of this via a screenshot, video, etc and post it in this thread or PM it to LucarioOfLegends. If your opponent misses a scheduled match on a Saturday or Sunday, you may use your screenshot as proof for an activity victory. If you opponent misses a scheduled match before a Saturday, it is expected that some sort of serious rescheduling effort is made by both parties unless you specifically stated earlier that you would not be available Saturday/Sunday and your opponent acknowledged this. If there is a serious time conflict between players, then at the earliest available opportunity a substitution should be made. Captains and Co-Captains are the only ones allowed to make substitutions, and they can do so by replying to this thread by stating which of their two subs are subbing in for which starting player. More often than not if an opponent misses a scheduled time during the beginning of a week, it is expected that serious rescheduling efforts will take place and no immediate activity win will be given. If you scheduled a match and then realize you can't make it, it is 100% in your best interest to let your opponent know ASAP so that rescheduling or subbing can be done.

If a team is 1 vs 1 (or 0 vs 0) and all remaining matches have questionable activity calls, then the CAPPL Johning Clause will activate and both teams will end up losing the week. It should be every team's top interest to avoid a draw situation by having at the bare minimum 3 matches played each week, though obviously having all 6 matches played is preferable. This clause exists because it's flat out ridiculous if a team can't play more than half of their matches every week. [This rule is making it's return from CAPTT I. It's never had to be activated before and let's keep it that way. Note that this clause do NOT impact a matchup where it is clear that one team deserves multiple activity wins. This clause is reserved for when there's no appropriate contact between multiple sets of opponents between two teams. Again, the clause has never had to be activated in the past and this is more of a harsh deterrent against lack of scheduling.]

-Ghosting is not allowed, nor is any form of psuedo ghosting. Giving advice to a teammate or friend while they are playing a CAPPL match is not allowed. Planning any sort of schedule to ghost is not allowed. Any ghosting or planned ghosting that is found out will result in the offending team automatically losing the week. If a team is found to have ghosted in at least 2 weeks, they will be disqualified from the tournament and the offending captain and/or players might face bans from future CAP meta tournaments. "Public Ghosting" is not allowed either and any offenders will meet immediate and harsh punishment.

-Try to have good sportsmanship and don't be a dick. Poor sportsmanship may result in being kicked from the tournament.

-In the event of a disconnect/timeout, the offending player should show proof that the disconnect was genuine. Acceptable proof would include a photographic picture of your computer's disconnect message or blue screen or whatnot with enough external variation to assume you just didn't google the image or whatever. If the proof of the disconnect is determined to be valid and both players have submitted their teams in a spot the hosts have access to prior to their match, then the match should try to be recreated as close as humanly possible to the way it was at the point of the disconnect (this is the most preferable method-- using server leaders/admins might help in this if they are available and willing). Having neutral parties start with the original teams and giving the original players player status at the start of the match should be done if the same teams are used, since this prevents team changes from being made. In such a case, LucarioOfLegends should retrieve the teams from the team conversation if available, since a good team has them posted before each match for review anyway. If the player that disconnects does not have a valid copy of their team submitted, then that player does not have the ability to recreate the match and they will lose the matchup if their opponent wishes. In extra-ordinary situations that do not follow the above "best practices" then LucarioOfLegends will decide how to best move forward and may consult other Smogon tournament leaders as applicable.

Week 1:
Perilous Pinecos vs. Choice Band Revenankhs
Punny Privatykes vs. Surging Snaelstroms
Galactic Astrolotls vs Jumbo Jumbaos

Week 2:
Perilous Pinecos vs Punny Privatykes
Galactic Astrolotls vs Choice Band Revenanks
Jumbo Jumbaos vs Surging Snaelstroms

Week 3:
Perilous Pinecos vs Galactic Astrolotls
Jumbo Jumbaos vs Punny Privatykes
Surging Snaelstroms vs Choice Band Revenankhs

Week 4:
Jumbo Jumbaos vs Perilous Pinecos
Surging Snaelstroms vs Galactic Astrolotls
Choice Band Revenankhs vs Punny Privatykes

Week 5:
Surging Snaelstroms vs Perilous Pinecos
Choice Band Revenankhs vs Jumbo Jumbaos
Punny Privatykes vs Galactic Astrolotls

Finals:
Surging Snaelstroms vs Jumbo Jumbaos

Standings: W/T/L (Individual Battle W-L)

Jumbo Jumbaos:
2/2/1 (16-14) (Won Tiebreak 2-0)

Choice Band Revenankhs: 2/2/1 (16-14)

Galactic Astrolotls: 1/3/1 (15-15)

Perlious Pinecos: 0/1/3 (8-16)

Surging Snaelstroms: 3/2/0 (20-10)

Punny Privatykes: 1/1/3 (14-21)

Last edited:
FINAL PREDICTIONS let's revive the hype a little :

Surging Snaelstroms (4) :snaelstrom: vs Jumbo Jumbaos (1) :jumbao:
SS Bo3: xavgb vs Jrdn - Wow what a match between two great players that haven't disappointed up to this point. I think jrdn is a bit more dangerous in the teambuilder with some very interesting choices that often work great, but xavgb probably has a slight edge playing-wise and will be prepared for anything. It'll most likely depend on matchup, may the better builder win. Can't bold anyone here, have fun !
SS1: aesf vs SunMYSER - Aesf is in great form while sunmyser hasn't impressed me too much thus far ; good edge.
SS2: pinkdragontamer vs Ho3nConfirm3d - I find pdt more reliable. Decent edge, but the upset is possible.
SS3: Andyboy vs Rabia - Rabia can't be slept on at all but andyboy definetly has an edge.
SM1: Jordy vs quziel - Another highlight between two of the most expensive players of the tournament. Jordy has been unstoppable so I'll give him a little edge, but God knows I'm a HUGE quziel (and not guizel) believer so this could go either way.
SM2: Jho vs Finchinator - Baby that's one more very cool matchup. Those two are close building and playing-wise, but Finchinator has an edge due to the 1 billion reaction score clause. Tbf I just wanted to bold someone but this is as close as it gets.

We didn't do it enough yet so I'll blame (and even tag, which shows my immeasurable anger) the captains Birkal againa -Voltage- cbrevan and Felucia as well as their assistant managers for letting the Snaelstroms be what they are. They unsurprisingly had a flawless tournament and have a pretty big edge here. Go Jumbaos though.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
threw away the decisive game because i miscalced speed. really sorry to my team, one of the most embarrassing ways to go out when i had a win guaranteed bar luck if i played it differently. yall deserved better than that and i just didn't do better than that.

i dont know these tiers too well and it showed in my ss game, but up until this i did pretty well in sm at least, so that was fun. thanks for having me

oh and there's really no reason snor should be allowed in these tours. the dude's sole purpose is to antagonize people and offend people, prob smth to consider for the future

ggs wp to our opps, v deserving winners

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Just wanted to give some shoutouts to the Jumbo Jumbaos for an incredible season. We had a tough two weeks at the start (tie and a loss), but then rocketed back to the top once we hit our stride. I'm so proud of y'all and the hard work you put into this season.

Finchinator - I'm always so happy that you're willing to assman this with me. You are the real deal, both in matches and out. I love how kind you are to new users. Everyone make sure to subscribe to his YT channel :)​
quziel - You had some dark days, but I was always serious in calling you the glue to this team. Your teambuilding and ideas are truly what got us here to the finals, and I think your fingerprints were on every match. I came into this season knowing I wanted you on my team, and I'm so glad I snagged ya. It's a shame your record didn't look so hot, but know that you were indispensable to this team.​
neomon - Hope you get that laptop fixed soon, buddy. Thanks for the matched you played though!​
Rabia - You are an awesome user, and I'm glad I got to get to know you better here in CAPPL. You've got good ideas for Smogon, so I'll be keeping up with you in CL discussions! Shoutouts for the Volc sweep at the end here; legendary.​
SunMYSER - Loved having you around to test constantly and play a few games. Hope to keep seeing you around posting and playing CAP!​
Jrdn - You are a beast. Going 6-0 up until finals was bananas. I'm glad we found your groove in Bo3. Best of luck in SSD, and keep in touch.​
Ho3nConfirm3d - Same as Jrdn; good luck in SSD. Love the quick and clean way you play HO. Mad respect.​
85percent - You are a better battler and builder than you give yourself credit for. It was an honor having you on the team to test and play.​
Boat - I'm super glad we traded for you; you were a great asset for testing. I also will be forever grateful for when you rolled up to sub and won.​

Hope to see y'all around in CAP; don't be strangers and reach out if you ever need anything.

Also s/os to the Snaels, who admittedly put together a real good team; I can feel some peace that we lost to a team with such a good record and two solid users at the helm. ALSO big props to the Revenankhs who tied with us and put up a good fight for the tiebreaker. And finally, thanks to LucarioOfLegends for being a good host. Hope to see y'all next year!

Thank you Jumbois for drafting me into this crazy thing! Low key kept me sane during that slice of quarantine. I had a blast doing my first real team-based tournament. Wish i was a touch more successful in my games, but as is life. Congrats to Surging Snaelstroms for the win!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)