SM OU Calm mind/t spikes team

Hey it's ya boi bidoof, here to show you the real threat of a calm mind/tspikes team.
DragalGG (Dragalge) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Surf
- Toxic Spikes

The first pokemon I decided to use was Choice Specs Dragalge. This thing hits like a damn truck. It's ridiculous how hard this thing hits. Dragalge is usually my lead pokemon, just to get up tspikes. If I see a lando lead, there's like a 95% chance I'm clicking draco for this reason alone.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 460-542 (120.4 - 141.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Dragalge is a monster. enough said.

Julian Edelman (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Suicune is the next mon on my team I decided to use. Calm mind/resttalk is such a dope set along with a tspikes mon like Dragalge I just had to use it. Suicune is like the master of "I don't wanna die yet" mon, cause it just keeps resting and bringing its health back up to full. It also helps wearing mons down while they lose health consistently to tspikes.

Tapper Bulu (Tapu Bulu) @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Next on my list is Tapu Bulu. This thing gives a nice leftovers recovery to Dragalge and Suicune while also weakening ground type moves. Also, with a choice band equipped, Bulu hits extremely hard.

Tapper Bulu used Wood Hammer!
It's not very effective...
(The opposing Bisharp lost 100% of its health!)
The opposing Bisharp fainted!

This is just an example of the damage Tapu Bulu can do, even to a resist Bulu still dents teams so that the rest of the mons can put in work.

Meatran (Heatran) @ Firium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Next on my team is firium z Heatran. This thing is the z user of the team while also being the stealth rocker as well. I think it's good to both use offensively and defensively.

What Lesbs Do (Scizor-Mega) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Next is Mega Scizor. Man is this thing good under grassy terrain. What's an EQ to this thing. Also basically having leftovers recovery on a mega Scizor is fantastic. Having max defense makes it a solid physical wall, while having swords dance also gives Scizor a nice chance to set up and sweep opposing teams.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-832907118 Scizor bopping half an opponent's team

Landorus-Triggered (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Finally I have Landorus-Therian on the team as the solid defogger. . Lando is the defogger of my team while also being a nice offensive presence with a choice scarf. It's able to check a variety of mons, while having explosion helps dent mons I don't want around anymore

Marigold

formerly KuraiTenshi26
Welcome to Smogon, esteemed Bidoof :] I wish you threw some pictures into this rmt, cause seeing the team is enough to make people pee a little in fear from all the power. Banded Bulu with Specs Dragalge means that balance isn't lasting long vs you, and they put a lot of pressure on mutual checks like Heatran and Celesteela. Having two great pivots makes these mons even easier to abuse. I think the team has a lot of potential, and hopefully I can draw some more power out of it!

At a glance, I do notice a few threats. Tapu Lele, Mega Alakazam, and Mega Latios notably put a lot of pressure on this team, seeing how everything except scarf Lando is outsped (Explosion is a nice touch to get rid of them in a pinch though). Mega Pinsir is also impossible to switch into, and Tornadus-Therian is a pain if it runs fighting coverage (which more and more are doing these days). Ash Greninja can wear the team down with spikes and getting the predicts right if you aren't careful. Suicune can drain the team of momentum that it's so good at generating, and the team typically prefers cracking skulls instead of a steady tspike win. So there are some things we can work on, but the foundation is fantastic!
My only "big" suggestion would be replacing Suicune for specially defensive Rotom-Wash. This is a pretty much unheard of set in gen 7, but it works really nicely here. The extra special defense is so good against Heatran and Tornadus, but the biggest draw to spdef Rotom is thunder wave. Being able to comfortably get off a thunder wave against the aforementioned psychics (even against Specs Lele!) is so incredible for your Bulu and Heatran to be able to deal with them later in the game. This also completes a voltturn core with scarf Lando and especially Mega Scizor, getting a nice mix of physical and special bulk on the team while taking some pressure off of banded Bulu to check Ash Greninja. Rotom + Dragalge is also a timeless core, and I'm sure you recognize it from somewhere ; )

The rest of the changes are small moveset adjustments, or EV optimization. With a defog Rotom on the team, Lando is free to run any coverage move instead. I picked stone edge here to give us a second way of dealing with Pinsir and Gyarados (we are specially defensive rotom after all, not physdef), while luring opposing Torn-T to give Bulu an easier time.

I moved 16 EV's on Mega Scizor into special defense to let us avoid a 2hko from +1 Magearna's thunderbolt. I replaced toxic with taunt on the Heatran to help alleviate the stall matchup a bit more (and most toxic targets are Bulu + Dragalge food anyway), and modest for some extra power seeing how we don't really miss the extra bit of speed.

I ran 140 speed EV's on Dragalge to outrun opposing Clefable and Timid Tapu Lele after a thunder wave, and changed Surf/Toxic Spikes out for Thunderbolt/HP Fire. The team doesn't have the time for toxic spikes and would prefer to just kill everything, so those coverage moves nail steel types like Celesteela and Ferrothorn which is great for your Bulu!

If you want to run some HP investment on your Bulu, the slowest I would ever go is 144 speed EV's. This ensures you outrun adamant Banded Tyranitar, though I tend to run max speed adamant on my banded Bulu's personally. This slightly bulky spread still gets the job done though, so it's worth a shot!
Tapper Bulu (Tapu Bulu) @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

DragalGG (Dragalge) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Meatran (Heatran) @ Firium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Earth Power

Rotom-Wash @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 196 SpD / 64 Spe
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Defog

What Lesbs Do (Scizor-Mega) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance / Curse
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Landorus-Triggered (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly/Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Explosion / Hidden Power [Ice]

If you find you're struggling with Zygarde for some reason with this team, you can opt for Curse > Swords Dance on Scizor or HP Ice > Explosion on Lando. Hope you like the suggestions :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)