SM OU Bulky Offense (peaked 1600+)

Just a quick team I made recently that I actually enjoy playing. Also I'm pretty bad at making things pretty so I'm not really going to try to. I based the team around a synergistic core made of M-Heracross and Heatran which work really well together.

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Pin Missile

M-Herocross is one of my favorite pokemons so I wanted to build a team with him being in the core. Just a standard wallbreaker set.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

Heatran helps alot thanks to M-Herocross' fire weakness. Using the normal stallbreaker set.

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 20 HP / 252 SpA / 20 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

If I had to say that I had a 3 mon core Tapu Koko would also be on it since he checks flying types for M-Herocross and water types for Heatran. Using a Z-Move pivot since I can take people by surprise because they think its just a defensive pivot set. Roost is the only move im kind off questioning, I know it's a must have if its against a stall team but those aren't really that common and Heatran takes care of the few I have seen.

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Low Kick

Mixed attacking Gren is honestly the funniest thing I have seen in a while. It serves as a good late game cleaner because of scarf and good tech against the Tapus, Zygarde, and Lando-T

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Roost

Had Tapu Koko so why not. It sweeps if the opponent has no answer which for some reason it very rare or they don't know how to pressure Hawlucha. Again Roost is kinda weird have been thinking to switch for X-Scissor for the Latis/Mew/Hoopa-U.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Defog
- U-turn

The meta man. Just a standard defensive set but with defog instead of HP Ice since I have Gren also a good tech because for some reason there has been a spike in sticky webs teams.

Threats

So far my main threat has been Gren-Ash because I have no switch in for hydro pump so I need to sack a mon but he transforms and then I have to pray that he is a specs set so I can outspeed with my Gren and maybe kill him with U-Turn if I have rocks up.

Other than that most of the times I lose is due to misplays from lack of sleep or rng but thats pokemon for you.

P.S.
Sorry that this RMT is ugly but I feel like this team is pretty strong against the mid tier teams in ladder right now.

Heracross @ Heracronite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Pin Missile

Heatran @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Low Kick

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Defog
- U-turn

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
Hey there Jorz! Mega Heracross is a real potent threat in the metagame, and I think it pairs very well with Heatran also.
There are some changes I would make to this team, however.
Changes:
Heracross @ Heracronite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Pin Missile

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Def / 168 SpD / 60 Spe
Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Magma Storm

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 56 HP / 128 Atk / 116 Def / 208 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Stone Edge

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Water Shuriken
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Protect
- Bulk Up
Firstly, I wanted to make the Heatran a bit more bulky and give it Earth Power so that it could successfully remove non-Shed Shell Toxapex from the game.
I also wanted to add Ash Greninja, as it gave Heracross Spikes to work with while appreciating Heatran's trapping ability and Heracross' ability to pressure Tapu Bulu and Chansey.
I also wanted to give Heracross Bullet Seed, as this would allow it to perform better against stall when faced against things like Quagsire or Pyukumuku. It is means that you are able to beat Clefable in Grassy Terrain, which Heracross found difficult otherwise.
I added Tapu Bulu as it had great synergy with Heatran and Heracross (providing recovery and being a Greninja switch-in). It also helps your Zygarde matchup.
I then made Landorus Choice Scarf for speed control as I put Stealth Rocks on Heatran and removed Scarfed Greninja. This has HP Fire to deal with Kartana and Scizor.
Something to consider (though I feel is down to personal preference) is the addition of Zapdos over Tapu Koko. This would mean it would be easier to focus your game plan around Grassy Terrain, but at the same time you lose the power and speed that Tapu Koko provides.

I hope you like the changes I made :) If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this.

Hey there Jorz! Mega Heracross is a real potent threat in the metagame, and I think it pairs very well with Heatran also.
There are some changes I would make to this team, however.
Changes:
Heracross @ Heracronite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Pin Missile

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Def / 168 SpD / 60 Spe
Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Magma Storm

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 56 HP / 128 Atk / 116 Def / 208 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Stone Edge

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Water Shuriken
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Protect
- Bulk Up
Firstly, I wanted to make the Heatran a bit more bulky and give it Earth Power so that it could successfully remove non-Shed Shell Toxapex from the game.
I also wanted to add Ash Greninja, as it gave Heracross Spikes to work with while appreciating Heatran's trapping ability and Heracross' ability to pressure Tapu Bulu and Chansey.
I also wanted to give Heracross Bullet Seed, as this would allow it to perform better against stall when faced against things like Quagsire or Pyukumuku. It is means that you are able to beat Clefable in Grassy Terrain, which Heracross found difficult otherwise.
I added Tapu Bulu as it had great synergy with Heatran and Heracross (providing recovery and being a Greninja switch-in). It also helps your Zygarde matchup.
I then made Landorus Choice Scarf for speed control as I put Stealth Rocks on Heatran and removed Scarfed Greninja. This has HP Fire to deal with Kartana and Scizor.
Something to consider (though I feel is down to personal preference) is the addition of Zapdos over Tapu Koko. This would mean it would be easier to focus your game plan around Grassy Terrain, but at the same time you lose the power and speed that Tapu Koko provides.

I hope you like the changes I made :) If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this.
Hey thanks for the reply and I really like Bulu on this team can't wait to try it. But I do have a question the EVs on the Heatran and Lando-T look specific and I was wondering what were they for. I'll get back to you after I try out the team after work. Have a nice day, bro!!

I'm not an official rater, but you said you wanted to replace Hawlucha's Roost with X-Scissor. Instead, I would replace it with Poison Jab to nail any Tapu Koko who thinks they can come in, live a HJK and KO with Thunderbolt. It's a niche move, but it's served me quite well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)