Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Ok, I know it's only memes (memes are important too), but Z-Weather Ball doesn't work properly. It should change based on the the weather, but it doesn't on Showdown.

In-game evidence (have tested it myself and can confirm that it's legit) -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWiVwQybRCg
Showdown evidence - http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7rubeta-557173972
The Z-Weather ball bug has been reported multiple times recently (last page recently), we will take care of it asap ofc, but please refrain from re-reporting bugs that have been reported recently.

sparrow

kacaw
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I encountered a problem when rejoining a battle after disconnecting. Not sure if this has been reported before or if this is a known issue?

Essentially I was disconnected, and upon rejoining I was unable to rejoin as a player and select moves - though I was recognised as rejoining the room, I was then forced to take the loss. I reset my browser multiple times and rejoined the room (as you can see via the screen cap) to no avail.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I encountered a problem when rejoining a battle after disconnecting. Not sure if this has been reported before or if this is a known issue?

Essentially I was disconnected, and upon rejoining I was unable to rejoin as a player and select moves - though I was recognised as rejoining the room, I was then forced to take the loss. I reset my browser multiple times and rejoined the room (as you can see via the screen cap) to no avail.
Its a known bug, and a fix is in the works at the time of this post.

Skill Swap doesn't seem to work, it acts like Role Play instead

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-550695031
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-550708522

the same things happened 2 games in a row during the 1st turn, chansey (with serene grace) used Skill Swap on Aerodactyl (with unnerve)
and all that happened was that chansey got unnerve

in case the builds somehow affect role play...

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Skill Swap
- Aromatherapy
- Stealth Rock
- Blizzard

Aerodactyl @ Wide Lens
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Substitute
- Ice Fang
- Fire Fang

this bug(?) is still going strong... pinned it down a bit, seems it's only bugged when you target your own teammate

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesoususpecttest-558090416

skill swap 1: Chansey - serene grace -> unnerve
Aerodactyl - unnerve -> unnerve

skill swap 2: Chansey - unnerve -> prankster
(enemy) Meowstic - prankster -> unnerve

skill swap 3: Chansey - prankster -> prankster
Chatot - Keen eye -> prankster

skill swap 4: Chansey - KEEN EYE!!!!!! -> blaze
(enemy) Incineroar - blaze -> keen eye

there are still more skill swaps after this, but this makes me believe skill swap actually works, but that there is nothing that tells the user it does since it can't show unknown abilities to the opponent,
thus it shows that aerodactyl still has unnerve because the opponent didn't know what ability chansey had

if this is the case this isn't a bug, but more of a complication in the "user-screen" of the user's pokemon (the "user screen" still said my aerodactyl had unnerve after the first skill swap)

Minor bug in the calculator:

0- Atk burned Shuckle Gyro Ball (1 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Steelix-Mega through Reflect: 0-0 (0 - 0%) -- aim for the horn next time

The reflect glitch was fixed in gen 6, but you can see it obviously isn't fixed in the calc's gen 6.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7rubeta-558945272

Turn 6, Beat Up should only have struck 4 times b/c Ambipom was statused and statused Pokemon do not contribute to the Beat Up attack.

Not 100% sure so I would like for this to be checked out please
I think this only applies to mons not on the field (all mons but the Beat Up user). Since Ampipom was the mon that used Beat Up, it didn't "contribute" to the Beat Up, as it was the cause of the very first hit.

Sheer force prevents berserk from activating when it shouldn't do that. I tried looking around to see if it was a bug or not but couldn't find anything so please correct me if I'm wrong.
When a move, such as Ice Beam, is boosted by Sheer Force, then no secondary effects activate at all, not just the ones for the move. For instance, this disables the flinch from a held King's Rock, or the switch for an opponent's Eject button, Red Card, Wimp Out or Emergency Exit. It also disables the Berserk effect. See https://dex.pokemonshowdown.com/abilities/berserk

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
PS Admin
I'm not 100% sure if this is a bug or not. I'm pretty sure Torkoal, or any pokemon, isn't able to use eruption, or any move, behind protect.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-559572053

On turn 4; Instruct allows Protect to be used again, and even though it is behind protect, Torkoal still uses Eruption.

EDIT: A few spelling and grammar mistakes were fixed.
This isn't a bug, instruct causes the target to use the last move they used, which in the case of torkoal was protect (used on turn 3). Protect is a status that lasts 1 turn, it just normally uses up the pokemon's turn because they use a move to get the status. But in this case instruct gave torkoal protect without it having to use it.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Analytic is currently bugged on PS. The ability should only boost when the attacker moves last in the turn, but instead it boosts when the user moves after the target.

Video proof:
UHLG-WWWW-WWW6-G3LZ

Garchomp/Snorlax vs Bulu/P2

I had 4 SpA on P2, giving me a stat of 126

1) With PS mechanics Ice Beam should have OHKOed Garchomp, but it survived
2) Ice Beam rolled 22 on Arcanine (damage roll 19-23), until Snorlax switched out, then it did 26

Side Request: Would it be possible to disable shininess in team preview? It's not something that shows up ingame and it gives away certain information (stuff like koko being timid only, gyarados potentially having bounce in '17, among other things) before mons are selected.

Last edited:

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Analytic is currently bugged on PS. The ability should only boost when the attacker moves last in the turn, but instead it boosts when the user moves after the target.

Side Request: Would it be possible to disable shininess in team preview? It's not something that shows up ingame and it gives away certain information (stuff like koko being timid only, gyarados potentially having bounce in '17, among other things) before mons are selected.
That's funny; I wrote the description for Analytic 5 years ago but never actually checked that whoever implemented it did so properly. Thanks for pointing this out, it'll be fixed next update.
As for the Shininess thing, I put that on the issue tracker over a year ago but no one's fixed it yet. :(

Aaron's Aron

A concussion update in my info tab
The ability Fluffy doesn't calcuate damage properly in the Damage Calculator.
I searched the thread and saw this was last reported in December, but it is still an issue.

I just played a match against 067jox and he had a Houndour use Flame Charge on my Fluffy Stufful. The calculator shows that it should do 69.5 - 82.6% damage. However, if I remember correctly it did around 35 - 40% damage. I don't know if the issue is just with Fluffy in general, or if it is because it was a physical Fire attack and the calculator got confused about the damage resistance from Fluffy and the damage boost from Fluffy happening at the same time. I'm not sure. Either way, Fluffy needs to be looked at in the calculator. Thanks! :]

upload_2017-4-10_18-15-59.png

Ragnarock

Banned deucer.
Shiny Tapu Koko was released a while ago however on PS only the front sprite is not and the back sprite is not after you select the shiny option in the teambuilder. Not sure if this is a bug but idk where else to post to have this fixed.

Unfortunately forgot to save the replay....

Lum Berry didn't activate when Kommo-o was hit by Toxic, but then when his Outrage finished (on a subsequent turn) Lum activated and cleared both tox and confusion. It should have activated and healed tox right away, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)