Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team Builder bugs.

Sometimes, when I change a Pokemon's IVs, their EVs will randomly change. Very annoying. Sometimes, the level will go from 100 to 50 as well. I've lost battles because some of my Pokemon randomly changed to level 50 and I didn't notice when I was editing move sets and the like. Also, sometimes IVs will randomly change too while I'm editing something else non-IV related.

So yeah something'/ wrong with Golisopod He won't switch out upon activation of emergency exit

[/QUOTE]
KNOWN BUGS

Known Visual Bugs:
- If a move with a recharging turn fails, it will still display the "Must Recharge" message in the battle log.
- Graphics for Terrains stack when the effects are replaced.
- If the same move causes more than one pokémon to faint, the next attack with multiple targets may cause their sprites to reappear on the field.

Known Bugs in Doubles/Triples:
- Curse requests a target even if the user is non-Ghost.
- Nature Power doesn't allow target selection in Gen 6.
- Poison Gas doesn't allow target selection in Gen 3 or Gen 4.

Known Bugs in Past Generations
- Gen 3: Wish happens after hazards.
- Gens 3 and 4: Mirror Move is not 100% correct due to its complicated mechanics.

NOT BUGS

- Air Lock and Cloud Nine do not actually end weather or prevent weather from beginning, just stop its effects while the Pokemon is active.
- Hypnosis, Sand Attack, Glare, Eerie Impulse, and Gastro Acid can hit Dark, Flying, Ghost, Ground, and Steel types, respectively. The only Status move that checks type immunity is Thunder Wave.
- Sheer Force prevents the user's Life Orb recoil and Shell Bell recovery, as well as the target's Color Change, Pickpocket, Red Card, Eject Button, Kee Berry, and Maranga Berry from activating only when using moves that have a secondary effect removed by Sheer Force.
- Speed Boost does not activate on the turn you switch in: yes, this is different from most other abilities/items that activate at the end of a turn.
- If Fake Out didn't cause a flinch, your opponent probably had Shield Dust or Inner Focus, or your Pokemon had Sheer Force.
- Wish doesn't take effect if the pokemon in its place faints the turn it would've healed it.
- Wonder Guard is not an immunity: Shedinja is not immune to Ground: it takes damage from Spikes. Shedinja is not immune to Poison: it is still affected by Toxic
- That Pokemon taking incorrect hazard damage is probably a Zoroark (which is a Dark, not a Bug, lolololol)
- Payback boosts damage for moving second, whether or not damage was taken. Also, since Gen 5, its power is not doubled if the opponent switches.
- Pursuit will deal double damage immediately before any switch-out, as long as Pursuit has not been used at regular priority yet. This includes U-turn and Volt Switch, but not Baton Pass.
- Sucker Punch fails if the target uses a faster priority move
- Illusion, Balloon, Destiny Bond, Wonder Guard, etc only take effect if the damage was from a move, not an indirect effect such as entry hazards, Poison damage, etc.
- Destiny Bond lasts until the move user makes another move (or would've made another move, if not for confusion or Truant or a similar effect).
- Focus Sash and Sturdy affect all move damage (including static damage moves like Final Gambit, Seismic Toss, SonicBoom, and Counter).
- Outrage/Thrash/Petal Dance can be stopped during effect and not cause confusion if Protect/Detect is used on the second turn of a three-turn duration.
- If the user faints from Iron Barbs/Rough Skin/Rocky Helmet damage, Rapid Spin does not remove hazards, and Knock Off does not remove the target's item.
- Iron Ball, when equipped by a Flying pokemon, causes it to receive always neutral damage from Ground moves since BW.
- Roost removes the Flying typing for the rest of the turn only if the user was successfully healed.
- A status condition remains on a Pokemon even if it later gains a typing that makes it immune to that status condition.
- Doom Desire/Future Sight do not get boosts from the user's item or Ability if the user is not active when the move hits.

ALSO NOT BUGS (XY Mechanics)
- Arceus is affected by Trick or Treat and Forest's Curse.
- The turn a pokemon mega evolves, its turn order will be decided before megaevolution. Thus, Mega Banette's Prankster will only be effective after the first turn, while a Chlorophyll Venusaur will still be likely to move first under sun the turn it mega evolves. This pattern also applies to previous gens: e.g. in Doubles, if a pokemon is paralyzed by a foe, its turn order won't be affected that turn.
- Ghosts cannot be trapped by any means.
- Toxic, when used by a Poison type mon, bypasses Fly, Dive, Dig, Shadow Force, etc
- Powder moves don't affect pokemon with the Grass type, the Overcoat ability, or the Safety Googles effect. These moves include any having a name that includes "Spore" or "Powder", except Powder Snow.
- Sound based moves, as well as the Infiltrator ability, bypass Substitute. Sound Moves include, but are not limited to: Boomburst, Bug Buzz, Hyper Voice and Metal Sound. See if a move is sound based.

EVEN MORE NOT BUGS (SM Mechanics)
- Dark types are immune to status moves used by Pokemon with Prankster.
- Unlike gen 6, turn order is now decided after mega evolution, so, for example, Mega Pinsir will act on its 105 base speed the turn it mega evolves rather than the turns after.

AN OVERVIEW OF HOW DAMAGE WORKS

There are three types of damage: Move damage, residual damage, and direct damage.

Most abilities, moves, and items that affect damage will only affect one type of damage: either move damage or residual damage. There are zero effects that apply to direct damage. The only effect that applies to both move and residual damage is Heatproof.

Examples of move damage:
- damage dealt, during a move that hits, to the target(s) of a Physical or Special move
- includes static damage: Final Gambit, Seismic Toss, SonicBoom, and Counter
- does not include the secondary target of Flame Burst (which would be residual damage)

Examples of direct damage:
- hurting yourself in confusion
- damaging yourself during Substitute, Curse, Belly Drum, or Struggle (but not the damage to your opponent, if applicable)
- does NOT include other forms of recoil (which would be residual damage)

Examples of residual damage:
- all other damage
- includes recoil, poison/burn, Leech Seed, weather, hazards, damage from abilities, damage from items...

Things that affect move damage only:
- Wonder Guard
- Sturdy, Focus Sash, Focus Band, Endeavor
- Illusion, Balloon, Destiny Bond

Things that affect residual damage only:
- Magic Guard
- most other effects only affect specific types of residual damage, such as: Poison Heal (poison damage), Rock Head (recoil damage)[/quote

Attachments

I don't know if Z-Moves have a priority boost or Psychic Terrain gives a speed buff, but at the final turn of this replay, it was just a 1-on-1 showdown between these 2 Pokemon, which sets and the replay I've left here

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-495449376

A Shit Meme (Tapu Lele) @ Psychium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Aromatherapy
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
(316 Speed)

vs.

Heliolisk @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Dark Pulse
- Hyper Voice
(319 Speed) (I asked the opponent for Heliolisk's set after the battle)

Basically, it was just case of a slower Pokemon moving first

Wishiwashi does not stay in Schooling form when brought to red life and then healed back into yellow before the turn ends. I know this is a bug because I get clutch Leftover/Aqua Ring heals to retain the form all the time in the live game. You can see it here in Turn 1:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankdoublesou-495625844
Wishiwashi needs to have at least 25% of its max HP to maintain School Forme, and despite yours getting out of the red, it still only had about 20.4%. For reference, the line between red and yellow is the 20% mark.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-495729855

On turn 6, my opponent KOs one of my pokemon. On turn 7, before I have the opportunity to bring in another pokemon, my opponent uses an attack (which fails because I have no mon in play) and takes poison damage. On turn 8, I am able to bring my next pokemon in and the battle resumes as normal.

Additional information that may be relevant: Turn 6 I used Pursuit as I was getting KO'd. I was playing on mobile and was experiencing lag throughout the game. The pokemon I selected to bring in was Imposter Ditto. On turn 7 itself I was prompted by the client to select a move of the pokemon that had just been KO'd.

Thanks

EDIT: I have reproduced the glitch: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-495763480

Last edited:
Bug with unknown cause where a Tapu Koko gains an extra free turn (Turn 8) to set up calm mind, sitting alone on the battlefield. The shedinja I wanted to send in did not appear until the following turn. (I had to click it again)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-495848753

Perhaps related to pursuit / u-turn? Gonna try to replicate it real quick.

EDIT: recreated http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-495861437

When I die to the u-turn, the game gives me the option to use a move with the dead absol. It also shows "HP: 0/undefined"

Last edited:
My Xurkitree's Z-Hypnosis missed even though Z-Moves aren't supposed to miss.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-495797202

Skip to turn 37.

Edit: Bug replicated. (Start of battle)
Edit 2: Again. Start of battle.
Z-status moves do the z-effect then the normal move, therefore it uses the accuracy of the normal move, and can miss. Same applies to z-moves which have a base accuracy of 100 against any status modifying effects (i.e. bright powder, abilities, evasion and accuracy boosts/drops, etc.)

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
clicking variants of useless stuff like Gastrodon and Burmy show blank images in the teambuilder, picking them shows the right sprite though.

I recall this happening to me a few times before, but this time I remembered to save the replay:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7almostanyability-495956722

So I was toying around with comatose phasing, and something odd happened regarding psychic terrain. On turn 15, the opponent's Metagross was able to land a bullet punch onto my Aerodactyl even though psychic terrain was up. I'm fairly sure this isn't supposed to happen given the whole priority negation effect (unless I overlooked a certain ability).

I'll try posting more info about this if it happens again in a battle.

Edit: Nevermind, it's because of the terrain not affecting levitating pokemon

Calculations for Sunsteel Strike and Moongeist Beam seem like they don't have their built-in Mold Breaker effects. For instance, Lugia's Multiscale is still halving the damage from Moongeist Beam at full health, even though this move should ignore Multiscale. I didn't change anything in Lunala's stats for these calcs; I just typed in Lunala in the search bar, set up Moongeist Beam, and went from there.

At full health:
0 SpA Lunala Moongeist Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Lugia: 97-115 (23.3 - 27.6%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
(97, 99, 99, 100, 102, 103, 105, 105, 106, 108, 109, 109, 111, 112, 114, 115)

At less than full health or if I change Lugia's ability:
0 SpA Lunala Moongeist Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Lugia: 194-230 (46.6 - 55.2%) -- 13.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
(194, 198, 198, 200, 204, 206, 210, 210, 212, 216, 218, 218, 222, 224, 228, 230)

And the numbers for Solgaleo's Sunsteel Strike for reference:

At full health:
0 Atk Solgaleo Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 120+ Def Multiscale Lugia: 46-55 (11 - 13.2%) -- possibly the worst move ever
(46, 47, 48, 48, 48, 49, 50, 51, 51, 51, 52, 53, 53, 54, 54, 55)

At less than full health or if I change Lugia's ability:
0 Atk Solgaleo Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 120+ Def Lugia: 93-111 (22.3 - 26.6%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
(93, 94, 96, 97, 97, 99, 100, 102, 102, 103, 105, 106, 106, 108, 109, 111)

When I set alolan pokemon to shiny, it just shows their normal forms instead of their shinies, and when i battle someone, they have the shiny spirtes! plz fix this

Think I may have come across a bug while on the sketchmons ladder (unless I'm missing something obvious, in which case I apologise!)

I had a Dragonite with Z-Conversion, Fire Punch, gained the fire type and +1 attack. However, fire punch only did 40% to a Bewear. I understand Fluffy reduces the amount physical moves do but it also increases the damage of fire type moves. I didn't save the replay at the time, but I did my best to recreate it with a max HP, max defense, impish Bewear: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7sketchmons-496295720

According to Showdown's damage calculator, it should've done a lot more damage: +1 252 Atk Dragonite Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fluffy Bewear: 313-369 (70.4 - 83.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Again, I apologise if there's something I'm overlooking but it seems the Fluffy ability isn't taking into account the fire type physical moves.

Bedschibaer

NAME = FUCK
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
All my Gen 3-6 Gengars have Cursed Body now and I can't use all my teams with it without manually changing that before. Is there a possibility to fix that (like removing cursed body from gengars possible abilities for gens 3-6)? I don't want to manually search and edit through all my teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)