Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Selecting shiny Tapu Koko in the team builder results in an error message that states:

"Your team was rejected for the following reasons:

- Tapu Koko is only obtainable from events - it needs to match one of its events, such as:
- Tapu Koko must not be shiny to be from its event #1."

This is wrong for two reasons. 1: Because Tapu Koko is NOT only obtainable from events. It is available in game after beating the Elite 4. 2: Because its only event distribution so far was for a SHINY Tapu Koko. Back in February, if I recall correctly. Maybe March. But the when is irrelevant. Point is, it's legal, and I've seen shiny Tapu Koko used on Showdown since then so idk how recent this bug is. But it's site wide, not just on the main server. To make sure it wasn't a move or ability issue, I tried it with only thunderbolt and both abilities. Same issue, but with it saying its hidden ability is unreleased when I tried it with that (which I believe is accurate). So it's not a move or ability incompatibility issue, it's simply incorrect.
This actually isn't a bug, though the error message is a bit confusing. Shiny Tapu Koko is event only, Non-Shiny Tapu Koko is not as it is catchable in-game. If your Tapu-Koko is shiny it must match the event where it was shiny, your set probably has moves or something that is incompatable with its event.

This actually isn't a bug, though the error message is a bit confusing. Shiny Tapu Koko is event only, Non-Shiny Tapu Koko is not as it is catchable in-game. If your Tapu-Koko is shiny it must match the event where it was shiny, your set probably has moves or something that is incompatable with its event.
It's not the moves. I said I put on only Tbolt to make sure of that. It can learn it via tm and have the other moves deleted in game so that's not the issue.

The shiny Tapu Koko needs to be Timid nature, that is probably the issue.
That appears to solve the issue. I was unaware the event was timid only, but this still means the error message needs correcting, as other Pokemon (eg Genesect and Entei) correctly say what nature you need to match an event, whereas this error message with Tapu Koko incorrectly says the issue is that it's shiny, as opposed to that it needs a specific nature to match its event.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
That appears to solve the issue. I was unaware the event was timid only, but this still means the error message needs correcting, as other Pokemon (eg Genesect and Entei) correctly say what nature you need to match an event, whereas this error message with Tapu Koko incorrectly says the issue is that it's shiny, as opposed to that it needs a specific nature to match its event.
This is most likely because with the shiny events for Entei and Genesect, they have exclusive moves like Extremespeed. The team validator prioritizes factors that actually affect Pokemon like move-nature-ability compatibility, since in that case, you may want either factor over the other. However, if removing/adding shiny is the easiest way to make it legal, it will only mention that.
Of course, that's not an excuse for the validator being unclear in a circumstance like this. That's just the way I see it working at the moment.

I had a problem where I had my Sigilyph facing a Quagsire the Quagsire proceeded to use Earthquake and instead of having it be immune the earthquake still hit. The same thing happened the next turn when he used earthquake again, but the third time he used it Sigilyph was now immune.

Here's the replay of the match it occurs starting at turn 24:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-582746485

Edit: Whoops, forgot Roost causes you to loose your flying type and allows you to be hit by ground moves

Last edited:
Tapu Koko is NOT only obtainable from events. It is available in game after beating the Elite 4.
The sim classifies this as an in-game event, to distinguish it from catching a wild Pokémon. In this case it means that it must be at least level 60 and cannot have its hidden Ability.

On cartridge if a pokemon mega evolves and its ability is changed to truant via entrainment, that pkemon will not be able to move on his first turn, it will move on the second turn and so on:
Not just Entrainment. Any way to change the ability to Truant in the same turn it Mega Evolves (an even easier way to cause this is Mega Alakazam Tracing Truant) will make it loaf around in that turn.

Sondero

Emergency Exit fails if activated by a mon with Sheer Force.

Example of bug: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7rubeta-583838480

Credit to nuubs who found this; he just asked me to post it in the thread. o./
This is how it works on cart. When a Pokemon with Sheer Force uses an attack that is affected by that ability, the opponent's Emergency exit won't trigger. It's similar to how Life Orb isn't triggered in that scenario.

This is how it works on cart. When a Pokemon with Sheer Force uses an attack that is affected by that ability, the opponent's Emergency exit won't trigger. It's similar to how Life Orb isn't triggered in that scenario.
Actually it's more similar to Eject Button, but it's the same idea.

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-583928669

Visual bug; Zoroark's stats get doubled by Pure Power, but not really.

252 Atk Choice Band Zoroark Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kartana: 162-192 (62.5 - 74.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recover

Medicham used Knock Off!
The opposing Kartana lost 70% of its health!
Medicham knocked off the opposing Kartana's Leftovers!

Accurate, though Showdown says the attack stat is boosted by Pure Power (926 attack).

If this were the case, then: 252 Atk Choice Band Pure Power Zoroark Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kartana: 324-382 (125 - 147.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Minor visual bug from what I can see.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-584565669
IMG_1740.PNG

After illusion Zorark was defeated
the simulation assumed that shiny druddigon was also defeated.
My only guess to why something like this would most likely happened is probably because
zorark wasn't shiny but druddigon wasn't shiny...

However, This is only a minor bug
But you should still look into fixing it because A tiny bug can turn into a huge problem very easily...

Sondero

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-585232322

Eenergy Ball does neutral damage on Gliscor from a Celesteela, then for a set of turns, it starts doing suppereffective damage. And then at one point-when I hit maximum boosts on speed-the typechart suddenly went back into gear and Energy Ball became neutral. Any explanations?
When Gliscor uses Roost, it removes the flying type of it for that turn. Meaning that it becomes weak to Energy Ball because only the Ground type of Gliscor is taken into account.

For future reference, please mention which turns of the battles your findings happen, unless it's like a 1-5 turn battle, so we don't have to watch through 25 meaningless turns before getting to the point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)