Bug Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

I wasn't sure where to do this, but I have encountered a bug while playing that has really been frustrating me. If this is NOT a bug and I am mistaken, or this is the inappropriate place to put this, I apologize.

So, the bug. It has to do with Maranga Berry activating. This SPECIFIC situation has occurred twice to me and is very frustrating. Same situation both times, so I'm not sure if it ONLY happens in this situation or if it occurs during similar situations.

I have a Milotic holding a Maranga Berry on my team. I play VGC doubles, so spread attacks are pretty common. Maranga Berry activates when the Pokemon holding the item is hit by a special attack and raises your special defense by one stage, right? Well both times this bug has happened to me, I was switching my Milotic, which I am 100% positive is holding Maranga Berry, into a Heat Wave (which is a special, fire, spread attack) from a Mega Camerupt. Both times, Maranga failed to activate which caused me to lose the first match, and probably would have been nice to have the second match.

Like I said, if this is the way it is supposed to work (maybe Maranga doesn't activate on switches or on spread attacks) or if this is the wrong place to report this, I apologize and would appreciate being pointed in the right direction. Also this is the only time this has happened to me (switching into M-Camerupt Heat Waves) and I haven't really paid any attention to it otherwise or conducted any other tests to see if this is an isolated situation.

Thank you for giving this a look!

Mega Camerupt has Sheer Force which, because Sheer Force has some weird mechanics, classifies certain berries as secondary effects and therefore negates their effects. Also use the bug reports thread in the future, but make sure it's actually a bug first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)