Break shells alá Onicon

Speed has never been that cheap before. In the 5th generation, thanks to permanent weather, some potent sweepers basicly get stat boosts for free. Let's try to prove that ole baton pass isn't disused yet. I make use of Full Dream World.

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake

Suicide leads may have lost popularity but it serves its purpose. I don't need more entry hazards because I don't expect the opponent to switch a lot. Besides Aerodactyl can reveal scarfed leads.
In some special cases the opponent have Espeon. It's almost guarateed that she/he leads with another one and switch to Espeon afterwards. In that case it can have a free hit with Double-Edge (should 2HKO it).

Loopuny @ Choice Band
Trait: Klutz
EVs: 200 HP / 164 SDef / 144 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Switcheroo
- Encore
- Thunder Wave
- Charm

Loopuny definitely deserves more love. It is the only one who have access to the ability "klutz" along with switcheroo/trick to wreck the opponent's team. I prefer choice band over a scarf because some sweeper may become too fast, if the opponent switch after a thunder wave. It has enough speed to charm any adamant Kojondoo.

Gorebyss @ White Herb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 216 HP / 60 Def / 232 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Surf
- Shell Smash
- Baton Pass
- Ice Beam

That is the linchpin of my team. Apart from Smeargel only Gorebyss and Huntail can have shell break along with baton pass. One shouldn't underestimate its defense, common Nattorei can't OHKO it. After one boost it is fast enough to outspeed any unscarfed Pokemon but Electrode, Ninjask and some ubers. With 528 sp attack it can do massive damage itself, though.
It's especially fun it deals with rain teams, as it can abuse swift swim and the boni on surf.
Just noted, that that one can OHKO Dory with Surf, while it abrely can OHKO Gore with EQ.

Huntail @ White Herb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 216 HP / 60 SAtk / 232 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Surf
- Shell Smash
- Baton Pass
- Iron Defense

Basicly, it's the same as Gorebyss with less firepower - pardon, waterpower. Why using special moves when it has more attack in stats? Because of phazers. If someone smells the plot and get phazers like Skarmory, Hippodown and Swampert on the field, they will drown (of course it doesn't work on Varpoeron).
Iron defense isn't really essential, but it will make the receivers take priority moves better. I like to switch it in guys like Scizor or charmed Roobushin.

Electivire @ Leftover/Balloon
Trait: Motor Drive
EVs: 188 HP / 120 SAtk / 200 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Ice Punch
- Cross Chop

As you can guess, getting an extra boost with Gorebyss and Huntail isn't really difficult. It's not, like it needs some boost, because with +2 on speed it can outrun that cocky mole in sandstorm, no matter if it is adamant or jolly. The EVs may look a bit weird, because it is mixed. I made sure, that the STAB move is special, in the case I get burned. Also, it kills Breloom even unboosted.
Unfortunately, it get walled by Hippodown, Swampert and Gastrodon, but those are taken out easily by the other receiver or even the passer themself (the passer loose to Gastrodon, though).

Symboler @ Lum Berry
Trait: Tinted Lens
EVs: 208 HP / 112 SAtk / 188 Spd (It has only 30 speed IV)
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Assist Power
- Calm Mind
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

I hope that it's gonna be released soon, because it's just plain awesome. Tinted Lens doubles the power of non-effective moves, so that basicly no one can resist its assist power but Jirachi, Bronzong and Metagross (with its poor sp defence). The problem is that it can't do very much without any boosts, but I don't run two shell passer for no reason. It has enough speed to outrun adamant Doryuuzu in sandstorm, and the jolly one can't 2HKO it with stone hail, when you have +2 def (it can flinchhax it, though). It is possible to make it outruny any Dory, but it would cost too much power.
Assist power has a base power of 20 plus 20 for any stat boost. After a shell smash, you are at 140, as strong as Draco Meteor without drawbacks. But to butter through the opponents team, you need one calm mind additionally. It's needed for sp-def Nattorei and the common Tyranitar for an OHKO. For Bold-Blissey, we need summa summarum two additonal calm minds.

Other candidates:

Murkrow @ Evolution Stone
Trait: Mischievous Heart
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- FeatherDance
- Taunt
- Toxic/Thunder Wave
- Roost

Have I told you about that incredible Ditto-weakness? That's the solution: while I still think that Klutz-Switcheroo is just plain awesome, Murkrow is an equal substitute, since now I understand, what FeatherDance can do. It's just another kind of charm, with the difference, that that time, I have priority. That one can only be stopped by faster Mischievous Heart user. Namely: Repardas, Tornelos, Erufuun.

Erufuun @ Leftovers
Trait: Mischievous Heart
EVs: 240 HP / 16 SDef / 252 Spd
- Charm
- Encore
- Taunt
- Stun Spore/Leech Seed

That one I run with max speed not to loose against other Erufuun, so that I don't think it's exaggerated. It looks almost the same as Loopuny, with low-accuracy thunder wave nobody can resist, and taunt instead of Switcheroo (although Erufuun has an option for that).

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Trait: Encourage
EVs: 136 HP / 192 SAtk / 180 Spd
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

That one is some kind of slow Electivire with more power. The most notable think is, that it is immune to toxic, electrics and sandstorm, so that I don't need leftovers. Just to mention: to get a clean 2HKO on Blissey it needs +4 on SAtk, otherwise it gets walled (luckily Smogon has team-specs). It's fast enough to outspeed adamant Dory, and needs +4 Def not to get 2HKOed.
Edit: Thanks to FlashDrive to point out, that Rotom looses it's ghost type in W form. Still, unfortunately, it don't have any solid offense on Rotom-W.

I think, I am allowed to bump now. Any critics? Any major weaknesses I haven't mentioned (besides of Dragon Tail, Rotom-W and Jarooda)?

Just a minor thing here
You mentioned in the Nidoking part that you need shadow ball over thunderbolt so you can hit Rotom-W
thunderbolt is more powerful against rotom-w than shadow ball is

I noticed the same thing. I only found out today that different Rotom-As have different types. I was sure shocked.

Thanks to FlashDrive to poit it out. I haven't seen any Rotoms lately so I forgot. But it makes him kinda more annoying since the only weakness left is grass. Grass usually is a bad move to sweep, because of it's poor coverage, so I have to stunt it with the annoyer in my team.

What do you think about Substitute instead of Air Slash on Symboler? The only reason I have Air Slash is because of those Sableye and Kryppuk (less common), who are immune to psy and fighting. With sub I haven't to worry about Sucker Punch, though. Fair trade?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)