Blaziken Anti-Lead

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to assume this is doing the right thing. A while back i came up with a set for Blaziken that i think is very note worthy. I use it in OU battles as well as UU battles and it does very well.

Name: (OU)Anti-lead
Item: Focus Sash
Nature: Rash
Evs: 252 Atk | 252 SpA | 4 Spe
Moveset
~Flamethrower/Fire Blast
~Stone Edge
~Hidden Power Grass
~Vacuum wave

This set is to take advantage of any lead thrown at it. Flamethrower is for those pesky Roserade/Celebi leads while running fireblast will take Azelf down enough to finish it off with Vacuum wave. Hidden power is for Swampert/Starmie/Hippowdon leads. Stone edge takes care of your Dragonite anti leads. Focus sash ensures that you will finish off their lead at least by leaving you the HP to come back with your full powered priority move. Stone edge is key when going up against Dragonite threats. Otherwise this pokemon is pretty set in its coverage and normally gets at least 2 down before its out.

Firstly, I don't think you're even using the correct format here so take a look at other threads awaiting QC assistance. As for the set, the main problem is that it is completely outclassed by Lead Infernape. Infernape has so many advantages over Blaziken, mainly Stealth Rock + Fake Out and higher speed. So, in my opinion, this set shouldn't be on-site.

Just a note, a STAB Flamethrower/Fire Blast does more to Hippowdon than a Hidden Power Grass 70. I do think this is outclassed slightly by Infernape, but I don't know if a bit more Attack/Sp. Atk will help.

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If I may ask, why would you use this over Infernape? No offense but, it kinda seems a little bit insane not to use Infernape instead of a Pokemon that has less Speed, but a bit more of Attack and Special Attack. Infernape has access to Grass Knot plus every single move that you've listed in the OP. I'm sorry, but I adamantly think that this shouldn't be onsite.

QC REJECTED 1/3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)