Beyond the basement, there lives a girl there...

dekzeh

B is for BRUTUS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
...and she's only evil.

This thread lacks flashy annoying colors and shitload of useless info we all already know.

Motorfucker @ Shuca Berry
Modest - 72HP, 236SAtk, 200Spd
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

Standard lead Heatran, except I'm not max speed.

Those EVs makes it so I 2HKO Aerodactyl leads with Fire Blast, survive lead Infernape CC and outspeed all neutral natured Metagrosses. Almost always gets SR down for me without problems.

I'm not much of an early game exploder. Heatran will only die in the first turns if I have to in order to set up SR, otherwise I'll mostly like save it for late game.

He's my main answer to Trick Scarfers since he obviously doesnt mind a Scarf and can switch into most Trickers without problems (exception is Starmie I guess)

Beats most leads one-on-one but I'm pretty sure you already know that.

She's Only Evil @ Leftovers
Timid - 252HP, 220Spd, 36Def
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Baton Pass
- Recover

She is the core of my team. The ability to give free switches to all my other team members and possibly a Substitute is unvaluable. Infernape, Kingdra and Salamence are A LOT more threatening when behind a substitute. Between those 3 pokes and Scizor I have every weak Celebi has covered, including a 4x bug resist in Infernape (hint: CB U-turn from Scizor won't break a BP'd sub to it), a 4x fire resist in Kingdra (hi there mr. Heatran), 2x Ice/Dark resists in Scizor and Infernape and a ghost Resist in Scizor.

This little girl here is capable of stalling a lot of stuff, from Zapdos to Blissey, untill they decide to switch out/Recover giving me a Substitute to Baton Pass.

My EVs might look a bit odd. Why the fuck 320 speed? I don't want to max it because I don't want any speed ties going on, I need to know if I'm faster/slower then their Zapdos/Flygon/Mence whatever instead of relying on a 50% chance and well NO ONE runs 320 Speed, because there is really no point in doing that... makes me faster then random 317's and random stuff that want to be faster then random 317's for some reason. Max HP is obvious to generate 101HP Subs.

No Apologies @ Choice Band
Adamant - 28HP, 252Atk, 228Spd
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Screw Bullet Punch, Superpower and Pursuit. The only thing I ever use is U-turn anyway.

The common CB Scizor you all know, helps me keeping a lot of things in check such as DD Salamence/Dragonite, Heracross, Gengar, sweeper Azelf etc. I'm considering Quick Attack instead of Pursuit. I never use Pursuit anyway.. even if I'm 100% sure their Celebi/Gengar whatever is switching out I'd rather U-turn instead of giving a free SD to Lucario/Scizor... especially if Mence is weakened.

Quick Attack would help me with Infernape and even Gyarados in a pinch. Suggestions?

Running Joke @ Life Orb
Naive - 228Atk, 252Spd, 28SAtk
- Close Combat
- Fire Blast
- Thunderpunch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

First of all, max speed because for some reason there are still a lot of stupid players who don't max their Infernape's speed.

All that attack lets me 2HKO most bulky waters without problems (exception here is defensive Suicune, who takes a shitload from it anyway and is setup fodder for Kingdra or stalled to death by Celebi) Thunderpunch is there solely for Gyarados (tho sometimes it does help OHKOing the odd Tentacruel...) it's also usefull for Starmies if I'm behind a Substitute. Fire Blast is a general STAB move and HP Ice for Flygon/Mence/Gliscor.

This can beat a stall team by itself without problems, but since its very vulnerable to entry hazards, sandstorm and so on, I do have back ups.

You Got It All... Wrong @ Life Orb
Naive - 216Atk, 176Spd, 116SAtk
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage
- Flamethrower
- Roost

Don't need anything else tbh. Offensive Empoleon is KO'd by a combination of Draco Meteor and Outrage and no one uses defensive penguins. Heatran takes a lot from either Draco Meteor or Outrage and can be handled by the rest of my team.

80% of the time Roost is a better move then Earthquake.

Kinda odd EVs, I might use more SAtk but often enough I find myself spamming Outrages late game and want to get the most damage out of it.

When All The Lights Go Out @ Leftovers
Adamant - 252HP, 188Atk, 68Spd
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Yawn

You wouldn't believe how much this thing can do to a stall team. They just can't do enough damage to stop me setting up. Yawn is mainly a filler but is generally good against Gyarados and often enough can get me a free DD. I actually am considering Return so I can break Suicune subs without locking myself into Outrage.

Slow, but more often then not it is capable of getting 2 Dragon Dances and all that HP really helps me to revenge stuff like Infernape.

Doing good enough in the leaderboard. Winning about 90% of the matches without problems despite some obvious flaws.

I like that Celebi.

I'm glad to see someone has something where Tricks go to, which I don't see enough.

Wouldn't Areo usually 2HKO your Tran before you KOed it? Not to mention if Fire Blast misses that wouldn't be good, especially with Pressure.

Zapdos might give you a few problems, but overall I'm having a hard time trying to think of something that might poke a hole into this team aside from the odd Flame Orb Cresselia set that I seem to only use :x

I rarely do see Scizor using Pursuit and it might be better to opt to use Knock Off to mess with an incoming Zapdos' Leftovers or incoming Mence, perhaps telling you what kind of Mence it is in the process (Knocking Off Choice Band, Specs, etc.). That might help your team last longer too. I'm not sure 15 BP is going to make that much difference with regards to Quick Attack on stuff.

But yeah your team looks pretty solid.

This team looks well built for the most part but I still have some disagreements on a few areas. For example Heatran's EV spread seem a bit random; why not go for max Speed? I'd just go ahead and switch to the standard EV's of 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe so that you get the most out of leadTran. Although you appear to have a big weakness to a lot of Waters, namely Suicune and Swampert, Celebi is able to handle a few of them with the right tweaks. Leech Seed offers the ability to force switch outs on those Waters thusly making it easier to SubPass to the other team members of your team. Celebi is absolutely wrecked by Taunt so I think you need at least one attack on him. If you ran an attack like Grass Knot then Swampert wouldn't shut you down so much. Possibly abandoning Baton Pass for it could help, and you would still be able to SubSeed but you just wouldn't be able to pass Sub to other members anymore. You could try that out and see how it works. I really don't understand why you don't use three out of four of your moves on Scizor as you said. For one, Bullet Punch wrecks Aerodactyl as well as revenge killing weakened Pokemon. With the right prediction you can Pursuit against something like Gengar which takes care of him pretty good if you ask me. As for Scizor running Quick Attack that would be better off left to a Swords Dance version. Over your current Infernape, I believe a NP MixApe (Nasty Plot / Fire Blast / Close Combat / Grass Knot, 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe ) would be a better option because you can handle Swampert with Grass Knot and you'd only lose coverage against Gyarados. I looks like you're running a New MixMence spread on Salamence but with the EV's a little tweaked. A possibility is dropping Roost and just going for an all our offensive moveset (Draco Meteor / Earthquake / Fire Blast / Outrage) if you're not really worried about him getting KO'd quickly due to the inability to cancel out LO recoils. A somewhat gimmicky way to handle Gyarados is for Kingdra to drop Yawn for Hidden Power Electric which enables him to be dealt with, plus Kingdra doesn't take much from Gyarados's main attacks anyways so switching in on him won't be such a problem.

lately return > pursuit on scizor does major damage to zapdos and takes about 50% form both gyara and mence after intimidate
for some lols you can use double hit has like same power and can mess up sub punchers

knock off is fun too does like 50% to rotom switches SE+CB+Technician for the win

Why not drop the dragon dance on kingdra and instead use rain dance Mixdra. After one turn of rain dance your speed is doubled and your waterfall gets double the power, you would also use surf (or hydro pump but the accuracy messes up late game sweeps) instead of yawn. Mixdra is an incredible late game sweeper, just wait for heatran or something like that and sweep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)