Best Video Game Music

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
I didn't see a thread about video games music, so I thought I'd make one.

Here are some which I feel makes me feel confident or sad, etc. After all, one of the most important parts of any good video game is it's music.

I love this piece from Mystery Dungeon. Considering it's the "last" dungeon, it did make me feel very much like an adventurer(more or so than anything before the game)
[youtube]tKMWMS7O50g[/youtube]

This one from Twilight Princess is my favorite. Midna is my favorite character next to Fi(yeah, i know), and this theme shows how mysterious the character is.
[youtube]eV4JJPqoMfE[/youtube]

This piece made me feel so scared when Midna was dying. I Just had to get her to Princess Zelda.
[youtube]8Nq-gEG-E04[/youtube]

..Nuff' said. C'mon. This is the best champion music I've ever heard, next to Lance's. It really pumps you up.
[youtube]DHjciyJZIiA[/youtube]

and who can forget these two?
[youtube]5eDGD7kwsxM[/youtube]

[youtube]eDNuX8iR1xk[/youtube]

Feel free to post any VGM you think is awesome. Orchestrated versions and remixes are cool too, so you can post those too.

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Kingdom Hearts - i've played a ton of games and i can say without a doubt the most enjoyable soundtracks from any game I played came from KH. Literally masterpieces as far as i'm concerned. They gave the game an entire new dimension that make the gamer even more attached imo.

[youtube]ECPqsqvHuWc&feature=related[/youtube]
first favorite^
Some other really good tracks from kingdom hearts V
[youtube]4Rh6wmLE8FU[/youtube]
[youtube]VADchUQOhKw[/youtube]
[youtube]oFI3hsDobQE&feature=related[/youtube]
[youtube]bnCqxlUf-Rg&feature=related[/youtube]
[youtube]4nlCNVewMjA&feature=related[/youtube]
[youtube]HhHHPSQ_I3o&feature=related[/youtube]

and my favorite for last
[youtube]enWgR3SLDYo[/youtube]
honestly the list goes on but this is enough these are some of the masterpieces created by KH music crew.

Final Fantasy also had some good tracks (good job square), 3 best final fantasy themes IMO
[youtube]2jVcn6I452I[/youtube]
[youtube]hGmBKYI02yQ[/youtube]
[youtube]70GsKNgZoZs[/youtube]

rby champion music is fantastic =)

[youtube]KKtn7_2w9u8[/youtube]

almost identical to zekrom and reshiram's themes, but it has a few different notes and I like the tone a bit more

[youtube]kv2KNaKmNQM[/youtube]

oh god, this is probably the saddest song i've ever heard. Call me a nerd but I really like it.

[youtube]iMyDrhNf2t0[/youtube]

the 8-bit version is the best.

[youtube]IRZqVDs6moQ[/youtube]

I've never actually played the game but I still think the music is fantastic!

I have a weird variety here, and I haven't played some of these games. I might edit in more, do you guys think I should hide the videos? I'll leave them for now, but I'll change if anyone wants me to. EDIT- hide tags are good

Touhou EoSD: UN Owen was Her?
[YouTube]VIop055eJhU[/YouTube]

Metroid: Kraid's Lair
[YouTube]w_DwmMDCOQQ[/YouTube]

Castlevania: Vampire Killer
[YouTube]0AZ5XZHIDh0[/YouTube]

Earthbound: Porky Means Buisness
[Youtube]I1QfIbLulf8[/YouTube]

Animal Crossing: KK Western
[YouTube]5WuuIqxogTc[/YouTube]

Fire Emblem 7: Together we Ride
[YouTube]yERQqvP0598[/YouTube]

Zelda: Majora's Mask: Stone Tower Temple
[YouTube]fNDLoncWz30[/YouTube]

Mario Kart DS: Waluigi Pinball
[YouTube]crc1Wn59nog[/YouTube]

[YouTube]h-0G_FI61a8[/YouTube]

[YouTube]Cr1qtPkB7q4[/YouTube]

These two games had the most moving soundtracks I have ever encountered. They blend perfectly with the gameplay.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i feel like this topic existed before but idk, i kinda remember posting corneria from SNES starfox and the secret of mana theme.

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
Probably the best and most touching video game song I have ever heard, and one of my favorite songs ever. The lyrics are sung in the Fire Emblem language galdr (which is backwards Japanese)

[youtube]w_0JfNkcClU[/youtube]

Fire Emblem also has fantastic battle themes (one has already been in a previous post). One of my favorites is the Path of Radiance battle theme Clash.

[youtube]u-3jIgZ-T4U[/youtube]

Guild Wars hands down has the best video game music I have ever heard. Each region has its own music (and there 100s), in addition to music for characters, general themes, etc. This is the theme for the expansion Eye of the North.

[youtube]M8HftCKcDXA[/youtube]

F-Zero GX has a lot of techno-like music because of it being a futuristic game. Many people probably know "Mute City" from Smash but this is the GX version.

[youtube]TLE24vQrncg[/youtube]

Finally, I forget who linked me to this song, because I have never played Sonic, but I really like this theme.

[youtube]_T7hdIh-gtw[/youtube]

Edit: Put stuff in hide tags. Also, when you post your songs, can you guys give a short description? A lot better than just seeing 10 videos...

[youtube]EKIdR_JYxTg[/youtube]
[youtube]DggH6CReCNA[/youtube]
[youtube]c1gOBgLVgZo[/youtube]
[youtube]AlYHQDsA13U[/youtube]
[youtube]a3qus-O2uGA[/youtube]
[youtube]JNJJ-QkZ8cM[/youtube]
[youtube]WuhqoZvyntA[/youtube]
[youtube]yEoPr7roTLk[/youtube]
[youtube]X5seFPlaH0I[/youtube]
[youtube]W7UVfoXQT6w[/youtube]
[youtube]t8cELTdtw6U[/youtube]

All of these are amazing in their own special way.

[youtube]HVzC6WZImGY[/youtube]

really peaceful and really the first time i got into cave story, i had never heard of it until i saw this song posted somewhere
fits the atmosphere perfectly

[youtube]JNJJ-QkZ8cM[/youtube]

this song is scary as shit and fuck you if you disagree

lol fuck bb code i don't know if anyone can even see these

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
@6-Dimension:

[.youtube] [/youtube.]

(without the period marks)

@zorbees:
yeah there were actually quite a few VGM threads...Same goes for favorite video game threads. People just don't like searching for them.

[youtube]923fVDDwaHo[/youtube]
The first time I put this game in and saw this opening FMV I got butterflies in my stomach. To this day no game has made me the feel the way this game did the first time I played it. Just magical.

breh

強いだね
[youtube]VkncFFBnUuA[/youtube]
TTYD's music is phenomenal.
[youtube]GINLCmhhJ98[/youtube]
[youtube]j4ByWdGulPI[/youtube]
A lot of SMRPG music is good; the boss theme is no exception.
[youtube]ALBTQMzD2so[/youtube]
(on the topic of Pokemon, almost anything from gen 2 is great; for some reason, it has the most consistently good music out of the games, IMO)
[youtube]MXWX7nIJqZo[/youtube]
God, I love this theme.
[youtube]XbI2FVSM414[/youtube]
[youtube]PLa8-tG2uBY[/youtube]
I love the soundtrack of Mother 3 and this is but one of my favorites.
[youtube]upZAxeT416g[/youtube]
Although some of RB's themes are maddening (Celadon, I'm looking at you), there are some that are genuinely neat. Silph Co.'s also cool.
[youtube]whX6TVUDF-E[/youtube]
Pearl was my first Pokemon game and its champion theme holds a lot of nostalgia for me.
[youtube]JtCFXuRnmOU[/youtube]
[youtube]50uUuVyq5m4[/youtube]
This is the weirdest thing you'll ever see in a nintendo video game.

Side note, this thread lags like fuck whenever I try to load it. Perhaps there should be links and not embeds?

All the Warcraft II music from the actual levels; there are like 8 songs for both races that play on a semi-loop and are awesome.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This is probably one of my favorite remixes from a Pokemon game.

(Since this page lags, I'm not going to embed any of them).

S.S Anne (P.S the guy who uploaded the remix has a bunch of other great remixes on his account, it's a pity he's stopped updating, I'm too lazy to go through Japanese sites and find them).

Pokeremixstudio (this is a recent one by him) has a plethora of good (and really bad) remixes; his better ones have generally come out later, and his rather bad ones are his earlier works. My personal favorite is probably his Johto Surfing Remix.

Most of the Final Fantasy games have a great soundtrack, especially those composed by Nobuo. I'd advise playing the games first before actually listening though, since playing helps you get a feel of what the music is trying to convey. Plus, Nobuo has done a fantastic job of getting out orchestral pieces and even bands to play his music. Distant Worlds II was fantastically done, and I'd strongly recommend any FF fan to download it (Makes Dancing Mad sound even better, if that were possible). However I"m not going to link because there's just too many, and fuck it if you're a FF fan you should already know all of this.

Also I'm going to sound hella Korean but the SC background music was pretty awesome, especially the one for Zerg.

Oh my god, did any of you people ever play anything that wasn't Nintendo or Square?

Vigilante 8 THAT FUNK

Rocket Knight Adventures Just jetting around with a fucking jetpack and all of a sudden that ominous beat shows up to make you freak out.

Battle Tanx Find another song this good that gets you in the mood to pilot an awesome tank in a post apocalyptic setting.

Buck Bumble Try not singing this every day for the next week.

[youtube]VkncFFBnUuA[/youtube]
TTYD's music is phenomenal.
[youtube]GINLCmhhJ98[/youtube]
[youtube]j4ByWdGulPI[/youtube]
A lot of SMRPG music is good; the boss theme is no exception.
[youtube]ALBTQMzD2so[/youtube]
(on the topic of Pokemon, almost anything from gen 2 is great; for some reason, it has the most consistently good music out of the games, IMO)
[youtube]MXWX7nIJqZo[/youtube]
God, I love this theme.
[youtube]XbI2FVSM414[/youtube]
[youtube]PLa8-tG2uBY[/youtube]
I love the soundtrack of Mother 3 and this is but one of my favorites.
[youtube]upZAxeT416g[/youtube]
Although some of RB's themes are maddening (Celadon, I'm looking at you), there are some that are genuinely neat. Silph Co.'s also cool.
[youtube]whX6TVUDF-E[/youtube]
Pearl was my first Pokemon game and its champion theme holds a lot of nostalgia for me.
[youtube]JtCFXuRnmOU[/youtube]
[youtube]50uUuVyq5m4[/youtube]
This is the weirdest thing you'll ever see in a nintendo video game.

Side note, this thread lags like fuck whenever I try to load it. Perhaps there should be links and not embeds?
Can you guys use either Breh's format or Outlaw's format.

You can include embedded links as long as they are in hide tags like Breh did, or you can go Outlaw's route and post the links as they are. I would encourage those who already posted to consider editing their post to fit one of these.

It would make the thread a lot cleaner.

Sonic game have such good music, but this takes the cake for me. I could literally just listen to this forever... XD

[youtube]jEGro4NpgCg[/youtube]

[youtube]aadt2FrJlWg[/youtube]

http://youtu.be/O7W6fIm7jiE

The music that plays when you fight Satan - you'll scarce find more fitting / awesome music for an awesome boss fight.

http://youtu.be/-z2kxFCQ_mQ

Probably the greatest song in any Mario game.

http://youtu.be/gN_x1rpGbY8

It's like you're actually sailing...

http://youtu.be/Uy7rkEUioBI

Apparently this is music from some weird Japanese gambling machine or some such. Meh... still counts as a video game, and the song is great too.

http://youtu.be/lEc02lBN1sA

A great, if short track, from one of the most underrated Pokemon titles.

http://youtu.be/L9NGkeltj8A

Alright so I've never actually played Mario Strikers, but I happened upon this piece one day and I thought it was pretty great. Not sure why it's Luigi's theme, but I'm not complaining :P

I don't know how to embed qq

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
[youtube]iMH49ieL4es[/youtube]

[youtube]xqHySC4k8sw[/youtube]

So excited for Namco doing the SSB4 thingy. Hope some Pac-Man World 2 music shows up!
[youtube]Nx2FaW2_4L4[/youtube]
[youtube]JtnH506DjGU[/youtube]

Obligatory Pokémon remix:
[youtube]ZId6PWwb1VY[/youtube]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)