Pet Mod Beartic Phone

1. Ramoxide:
> Berserk clone
> has 72/71/71 bulk
why

anyways, it's fast and hits hard, what's not to like? and it's a steel type, which makes two for the "subs to Beartic Phone that come out as Steel-types somehow"

2. Attaxolotl: art is my strong suit, in my defense before anyone grabs a pitchfork i made this shit in like 5 minutes ok anyways

3. Wyrmidon: turned out well. not quite sure why i didn't give bro a secondary typing but hey it looks viable so there's that

4. Atlassey: hey look another for the "fast attacker" coin jar. made sure to give this dude actual normal stab so there's that :)

5. Reflactl: heh heh heh my stat spread worked really well here lol. fast attacker moment as usual

1. Jermpire
I'm not sorry. Cool art, typing/ability guy messed it up mostly, prankster copycat goes crazy

2. Ducklepto
My art wasn't incredible but I think it looks good for what I had. Again, typing/ability guy killed it horribly. Wtf is it Normal for? Its a bird!?!

3. Serverus
Zxg actually putting in work? Insane artwork, unfortunately I went with the body horror route instead of the electric wire route. I was torn between the two. Gabo killed the mon with its terrible movepool though. Writhing Mass is not that ridiculous of an ability, it exists in M4A on a mon that's intended purpose is to become typeless and its a fine ability.

4. Humpcave
Why is this normal? I never would've guessed a whale design in a million years. I was going for a potential of using Sand Spit with Shore Up synergy, but I think Grassy Surge is very hard to give up.

5. Rizzidi
Worst art and flavor in all of Beartic Phone history, and that's saying something. I was not expecting Technician in combo with Water Shuriken so that's something.

Gabo killed the mon with its terrible movepool though. Writhing Mass is not that ridiculous of an ability, it exists in M4A on a mon that's intended purpose is to become typeless and its a fine ability.
The stats guy wasnt able to see that it had Writhing Mass, if it actually got a good amount of bulk it wouldve been an very annoying mon to deal with, and if i gave it an actual movepool and the stats guy gave it good bulk it wouldve been even more annoying, or potentially broken, btw i cant find it in the m4a wiki

Eepinsomnia - this guy is funny even if ass, 165atk STAB Ice Shard with Stakeout is awesome, and the art made me laugh a bit

Atlassey - very awesome, really liked doing the art and the whole mon is overall nice, dunno what else to say

Humpcave - 75/175 physbulk may be way too strong, but it isnt the most phys bulk that we have got on the meta lol, aside from that the art was cool, and the movepool is fine, overall good mon and the introduction of sand and gterrain to the format if im not forgeting any mon

Serverus - didnt really like working on it, Writhing Mass is dumb here and i already explained why

Stupendous Tectonova - thought it was Dragon/Rock when i saw the movepool lol, looks cool, made its stats around its type being kinda weak, but even with a good type they work fine on it, overall solid mon imo

my dex/name mon got both AI art and no review by beef this is literally the worst day of my life
oops!
Wormisery: Fucking hell, I knew I shouldn't have given this guy Barb Barrage. Ok so when I saw Water/Poison No Guard, it was pretty obvious that this guy had to be a specially offensive mon. Dolsin and Octazure already existed to fill the other Water/Poison roles, so if a mon of that typing wanted to stand out, it needed to go special. Well, I tried my best with the movepool, but stats guy had other plans I guess. This mon sucks. Its physical coverage is nonexistent and its special offenses are laughable. Its utility is mired in awful bulk and subpar speed, and really any positive role it could fill is taken up already by Octazure, Rizzidi, or even known shitmon Dolsin. Also it had AI art so uh, yeah. 0/10.
here you go

Another slate passes (possibly the last). Anyways, here were the mons I contributed to:

Wyrmidon - Everyone cooked here except the art guy. The result is decent enough, however I cannot take this thing seriously when the Pokémon with the category “The Ruthless Pokémon” has a smile straight out of a Disney movie. Also I never expected us, three slates in, to have someone revert to the Jubaturbo style of art by just copy-pasting pngs.

Fuqoph - Everyone here cooked, except the movepool guy. How does a mon with the Dark Type get given a total of 2 Dark moves? As for my own performance, I think I did pretty well on the art.

Sisyphidna - Ngl when I first received this I wasn’t quite sure what I was looking at. After quite of bit of analysis, I pretty much picked up that this guy was always rolling around in ball, had a nose that seemingly belonged to an anteater, and had some proportionally large claws. Given that, I feel like I described the mon pretty well with its abilities (Gluttony bc the other Anteater got that, Momentum bc rolling ball, and Tough Claws bc of claws). I think the Mon overall turned out cool, but ngl I have less overall opinions formulated on this mon compared to the rest.

Ensure - Cool ass mon, everyone actually cooked this time. My own big W’s on this mon was committing to Octolock and giving Bestow to match its flavor out of sheer luck. Of my contributions, this mon was my favorite this slate.

Atlassey - Wild how this mon turned out. Ngl I saw like no potentially viable status moves on this thing outside Parting Shot and maybe Bulk Up, which led to me getting Mienshao vibes, hence a similar stat spread w/ greater bulk (I assumed it didn’t get Regen). Outside of Ensure, probably my second favorite of my 5 this slate.

Anyways, since this is the last slate of Beartic Phone that DIB has guaranteed he’ll do, here’s my how I’d rank my opinion of the final results of all the mon’s I’ve contributed to:
1. Fizzkrieg
2. Ensure
3. Ohmyrod
4. Slugchuck
5. Wolversnare
6. Atlassey
7. Styxia
8. Heirfriar
9. Sisyphidna
10. Fuqoph
11. Icybeeyem
12. Sopranodon
13. Boreasel
14. Wyrmidon (Art really ruined this guy for me)
15. Parkyon

If this is truly the last slate, fingers-crossed for a reboot

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Another slate passes (possibly the last). Anyways, here were the mons I contributed to:

Wyrmidon - Everyone cooked here except the art guy. The result is decent enough, however I cannot take this thing seriously when the Pokémon with the category “The Ruthless Pokémon” has a smile straight out of a Disney movie. Also I never expected us, three slates in, to have someone revert to the Jubaturbo style of art by just copy-pasting pngs.

Fuqoph - Everyone here cooked, except the movepool guy. How does a mon with the Dark Type get given a total of 2 Dark moves? As for my own performance, I think I did pretty well on the art.

Sisyphidna - Ngl when I first received this I wasn’t quite sure what I was looking at. After quite of bit of analysis, I pretty much picked up that this guy was always rolling around in ball, had a nose that seemingly belonged to an anteater, and had some proportionally large claws. Given that, I feel like I described the mon pretty well with its abilities (Gluttony bc the other Anteater got that, Momentum bc rolling ball, and Tough Claws bc of claws). I think the Mon overall turned out cool, but ngl I have less overall opinions formulated on this mon compared to the rest.

Ensure - Cool ass mon, everyone actually cooked this time. My own big W’s on this mon was committing to Octolock and giving Bestow to match its flavor out of sheer luck. Of my contributions, this mon was my favorite this slate.

Atlassey - Wild how this mon turned out. Ngl I saw like no potentially viable status moves on this thing outside Parting Shot and maybe Bulk Up, which led to me getting Mienshao vibes, hence a similar stat spread w/ greater bulk (I assumed it didn’t get Regen). Outside of Ensure, probably my second favorite of my 5 this slate.

Anyways, since this is the last slate of Beartic Phone that DIB has guaranteed he’ll do, here’s my how I’d rank my opinion of the final results of all the mon’s I’ve contributed to:
1. Fizzkrieg
2. Ensure
3. Ohmyrod
4. Slugchuck
5. Wolversnare
6. Atlassey
7. Styxia
8. Heirfriar
9. Sisyphidna
10. Fuqoph
11. Icybeeyem
12. Sopranodon
13. Boreasel
14. Wyrmidon (Art really ruined this guy for me)
15. Parkyon

If this is truly the last slate, fingers-crossed for a reboot
I personally think the Wyrmidon art is based and cool

Suppose I may as well give thoughts on the mons I contributed to this time around.

Atlassey
Decently proud of the flavour I came up with. Gaboswampert's work with the art really steals the show; it's probably the best art that's been produced for this mod. Mon itself looks to be a standard issue physical attacker, being able to act as a pivot, Bulk Up sweeper, or AOA.

Aerosterror
Most of my thoughts here echo those provided by Beaf. Though I wasn't able to convey the air-related aspect of the flavour, as I don't quite possess the artistic skill required to portray skeletal structures or effects like air gusts, I'm satisfied with what I did manage to put together, and it's far and away the best art I've produced for the mod. Mon itself is rather disappointing. Hopefully someone can find use for it.

Unbearabolt
A veritable progress-making machine. Besides its incredible STAB options, it's got SD, pivoting, Spikes, Nuzzle, and Switcheroo to force progress or at least maintain momentum in the face of any wall. I suppose it looks somewhat vulnerable to offensive threats that outspeed it like Glassupreme, Wyrmidon, or Rizzidi, as its bulk and defensive typing are nothing to write home about. Very formidable all around.

Ducklepto
Looks doodoo. It might have been good defensively if Normal/Dark wasn't such a lackluster typing. Even then, it doesn't have much to set iself apart from the myriad of defensive mons already available. Flavour and art is kinda cute.

Wyrmidon
Not sure why people are shitting on the art so much, I think it's hilarious and respectably bold. Though mono-Grass isn't an ideal typing, it has enough going for it between its wide movepool and fantastic array of Abilities that I think it'll have a place in the meta.

This mod has been really fun! Seeing how my contributions have been interpreted by the following contributor has been a highlight (seeing Gaboswampert's illustration of Atlassey was the peak of this for me). It's also been lots of fun watching everyone react to the results, freak out over brokemons, lament sabotaged mons, and try to predict the meta.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)