Balancing Scald - New Mechanics (see post #125)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After lengthy discussion amongst senior staff, we have decided to make the unilateral decision to shut this down. People in this thread have expressed mixed emotions, but ultimately, changing game mechanics is going too far. Really, what the UU council should be doing is considering a Scald ban instead. I don't know whether or not this would be well-received within the community either, but it would effectively do the same thing as this change without altering the mechanics of the game. Looking forward, senior staff would like to see UU move into a new direction.

Flagrant disregard for the game we all play has led senior staff to question the leadership capabilities of the two current UU tier leaders, Hikari and Sam, so we've decided to remove them from their positions. On their replacements, we trust that Underused will be in good hands under the leadership of King UU. Operating under his command, we trust that UU will move forward from its current dictatorship and into a future as the kingdom it deserves to be. Let us rejoice under the name of King UU.

Shoutouts to the Black City Burglars haha!
sick burn

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
i swear hollywood is a fucking god oml

edit: oh, and grats to KingUU! best person to take over sam and hikari's place by far, rly smart decision

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Can we make ib93 the leader? He's already taking over Smogon, and I'd you can't beat them, join them

After lengthy discussion amongst senior staff, we have decided to make the unilateral decision to shut this down. People in this thread have expressed mixed emotions, but ultimately, changing game mechanics is going too far. Really, what the UU council should be doing is considering a Scald ban instead. I don't know whether or not this would be well-received within the community either, but it would effectively do the same thing as this change without altering the mechanics of the game. Looking forward, senior staff would like to see UU move into a new direction.

Flagrant disregard for the game we all play has led senior staff to question the leadership capabilities of the two current UU tier leaders, Hikari and Sam, so we've decided to remove them from their positions. On their replacements, we trust that Underused will be in good hands under the leadership of King UU. Operating under his command, we trust that UU will move forward from its current dictatorship and into a future as the kingdom it deserves to be. Let us rejoice under the name of King UU.

Shoutouts to the Black City Burglars haha!
From a dictatorship to a council, now to a MONARCHY? Who wants to join the resistance force to bring the old leadership back into power? The United Admins can't just enact changes like this without the input of the people. Join 'Install Sam(and Hikari) Into SmogonUULeadership' today. Free towels and cold water for everyone who applies.

Wow, I'm surprised no one figured out it was an April Fools joke! Haha just kidding, I deleted 32 posts that mentioned April Fools (and probably edited about 10 more).
Man, did people really keep suggesting it was an April Fool's joke after I explained perfectly why that couldn't be the case? It seems they don't trust anyone in these days T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)