Balanced Team

Hey, Smogon, this is the team I been using for Pokemon Online for a couple days now. Since I first heard of Togekiss and Lucario when Generation IV came out I been wanted to make a team that included them, and showcased their respective strengths. I have been getting mixed successes and I was hoping your collective geniuses could make a better. I should mention that I am not very well acquainted with Generation V and its Pokemon.

The first three Pokemon are offense oriented:

Togekiss @ Life Orb
Serene Grace
Timid 192 Hp / 80 SpA / 236 Spe
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Ancient Power
- Roost

Togekiss is my special sweeper. Air Slash and Aura Sphere provide excellent coverage, but I have added Ancient Power because lets me hit super effectively both Flying Types (meaning another Togekiss) and Fire Types. This makes it an effective counter against itself, and Tornadus. Roost generously extends its lifespan and durability especially when I get the stat boost from Ancient Power.

Lucario @ Choice Band
Inner Focus
Adamant 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Crunch
- Ice Punch

Lucario is my Physical Sweeper. There is nothing special about this Lucario Close Combat, ExtremeSpeed and Crunch are all part of sets it usually runs. The, "odd," move on this Lucario is Ice Punch which I choose because I have no other Ice moves on my team and almost everyone I battled so far has at least 1 Dragon.

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Inner Focus
Mild 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt (because I once missed 6 times in a row with Thunder)
- Earthquake
- Roost

Dragonite is my mixed sweeper. He is here to deal with opposing Dragons and troublesome fire types. I don't know if many people switch after using Draco Meteor, but it apparently it surprises quite a few people when KO their pokemon and attack their next one with Earthquake. Roost makes maximum use of its bulk.

The last three Pokemon are defense oriented:

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Iron Barbs
Sassy 252 Hp / 88 Def / 168 SpD / 0 Spe IV
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock

Ferrothorn is my typical lead as it is very difficult to kill without a super effective hit. Cruising at 40 speed, STAB Gyro ball can be quite devastating. Stealth Rock gives me an extra edge if its set early enough while Leech Seed provides some recovery which coupled with Leftovers makes for good durability. Overall, it makes a great wall rivaled only by Vaporeon.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Nickname: Like a Boss
Water Absorb
Bold 248 Hp / 224 Def / 36 SpD
- Surf
- Toxic
- Protect
- Wish

Best wall in the entire game ever. No more needs to be said. I can't even describe how many times I won walling people to death with Vaporeon. Wish + Protect makes almost unkillable while Toxic ensures they take damage the entire time.

Torkoal
Shell Armor
Relaxed 252 Hp / 4 Def / 252 SpD
-Lava Plume
- Rapid Spin
- Yawn
- Explosion

This guy is my rapid spinner, and almost wall Torkoal. It has Lava Plume which has a decent chance to burn and yawn which takes some people off guard.

So what do you guys think? Any suggestions are appreciated.

P.S. Can someone please tell me the I.P. address for the Smogon Server on PO? I can't seem to find it.
P.S.S. Where do you find the little images to copy them for each Pokemon?

Torkoal
Shell Armor
Relaxed 252 Hp / 4 Def / 252 SpD
-Lava Plume
- Rapid Spin
- Yawn
- Explosion

This guy is my rapid spinner, and almost wall Torkoal. It has Lava Plume which has a decent chance to burn and yawn which takes some people off guard.
Fire types don't make good rapid spinners due to being weak to Stealth rock. This combined with the fact that you run Explosion on your rapid spinner and appear to be going for a bulky F/W/G core leads me to suggest replacing Torkoal with the following set:

Heatran @ Leftovers
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
nature: Calm
-Lava Plume
-Toxic
-Protect / Earth Power / Hidden Power Ice
-Stealth Rock / Roar

You should find that Heatran will be a lot more reliable then Torkoal as a bulky fire type.

If you still find the need to have a rapid spinner on your team try a different typing other then fire. Specially defensive Forretress could work in place of Ferrothorn for instance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)