BALANCED TEAM (nor Stall nor Offensive) you won't (probably) FORGET!

BALANCED OU TEAM

Hi there,
I've played many games with many Pokémon and many combinations of my favorite ones (those competetive ofc).

First I must admit I very struggled with it, because it's not easy to have everything I want in one team...
I am always trying to have these in team:
  • Stealth Rocker (it's good to have Spiker as well)
  • Rapid Spinner (better to have SR and Spin on same Pokémon)
  • Ghost Pokémon (to block incomming Rapid Spin)
  • Sp.Defensive Wall
  • Defensive Wall (Physical Wall)
  • Pokémon with Aromatherapy (best to have it on either wall)
  • Set upper (Swords Dance, Dragon Dance, Belly Drum...)
  • Physical Attacker
  • Special Attacker
Okay, that's enough... well I must say, I hate using Hidden Power (since it's very hard to get in-game for me) and moves, that I have to transfer (since I need to IV in previous games). But I have to use it almost everytime.

Let's see the teambuilding process (skip it if you are not interrested).

PROGRESS:

I started with Amoonguss... I really love this guy, Spore is very good move and Regenerator is one of the best abilities ever seen. He can stop Azumarill, Gyarados Mega and Mawile Mega really well and can survive even their Super-effective moves.

Mandibuzz! Yeah, this pretty girl can be really helpful. She's Physical Wall like Amoonguss and she can even take some Special Attacks well. She is immune to Amoonguss' weakness - Psychic and her weakness (Electric) is resisted by Amoonguss. They really work well together.

I started with two Physical Walls, let's go on with attackers, what about Talonflame? I think it is one of the most strongest Pokémon there, since he can be used as a Stallbreaker and a Sweeper as well.

Maneeetric! Mega of course. Why? Better question is "Why not?". He reaches awesome stats (135 Base Sp.Atk and 135 Base Speed) without being choice locked or losing HP due to recoil. He can be really usefull thanks to his Volt Switch (really, Volt Switch and U-turn are awesome attacks, that might decide the game!).

Then I needed Sp. Defender... I really wasn't sure about this spot. Especially while I didn't want to use Chansey, since her Seismic Toss is unable to get with my options. I run Florges, he is good Sp.Defender as well with access to Aromatherapy/Heal Bell and Self-healing move.

At last! Excadrill... I usually run either Forretress or Donphan, but I decided for little change, I decided for Excadrill. He can't really survive many hits, but he can take down Rotom with Mold Breaker Earthquake.
He has access for Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin!

Later I decided to play Sylveon over Florges. There isn't any big difference between them. Both know Toxic and Wish, Sylveon has Pixiliate Hyper Voice and Florges Moonblast and Sylveon has Heal Bell, whereas Florges has Aromatherapy.

DETAILS:

Fungy (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
Regenerator
Bold 252 HP 252 Def 4 Sp.Def
-Spore
-Giga Drain
-Foul Play
-Clear Smog
Regenerator is much better and more useful in current metagame. You are switching often, so why not?
Spore is one of his best move, 100% accurate Sleep is very good. Giga Drain is his main STAB and attack that can heal him a little bit. Foul Play is very strong move against Swords Dancers and Pokémon like that, even though that's it's not as strong as Mindy's Foul Play. Clear Smog is against set uppers and against Fairy Pokémon.

Mindy (Mandibuzz) @ Leftovers
Overcoat
Impish 252 HP 252 Def 4 Sp.Def
-Taunt
-Knock Off
-Foul Play
-Roost
Since Overcoat makes Pokémon immune to Powder moves and Spore, it is best possible ability for Mandibuzz. I use Taunt to prevent Toxic, Stealth Rock, Spikes and sometimes even Defog and opponent's Taunt. Knock Off is STAB and a very strong move that destroys opponent's item. Foul Play is usually the strongest move (it uses opponent's Attack stat) and probably is boosted by STAB. Roost is there for healing (and useful to deal with Stone Edge, because if I am faster, it will be normal effective).

Angrybird (Talonflame) @ Leftovers
Gale Wings
Adamant 196 HP 252 Atk 60 Spe
-Swords Dance
-Brave Bird
-Flare Blitz
-Roost
An usual set. Gale Wings to make his Flying attacks a priority moves. Swords Dance to make him even stronger, Brave Bird is main STAB, affected by Gale Wings and a very strong move. Flare Blitz is a Brave Bird equivalent with a low chance to burn target (but doesn't get boost by Gale Wings). Roost does get the boost by Gale Wings and it's healing move, that is useful in some situations.
60 Spe EVs are there for outrunning Excadrill (Jolly 252 Spe) because Flare Blitz will then OHKO him.

MoneyTrick (Manetric) @ Manectite
Lightningrod (Intimidate)
Timid 4 Def 252 Sp.Atk 252 Spe
-Volt Switch
-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower
-Hidden Power Ice
Lightningrod is there for some moments, when I predict opponent and get boost ×1,5 to Special Attack. Volt Switch is useful move, where I can decide who'll be facing opponent's Pokémon instead of Manetric - so I will get very useful advantage. Thunderbolt is his main STAB (more accurate than Thunder). Flamethrower is here against Ferrothorn-like Pokémon and HP Ice is here waiting for Gliscors.

Sylvia (Sylveon) @ Leftovers
Pixiliate
Bold 252 HP 4 Def 252 Sp.Def
-Toxic
-Heal Bell
-Hyper Voice
-Wish
Sylviaaa! Pixiliate is here to give a little boost to Hyper Voice (actually not a little boost but really strong boost). Toxic is here as a Stall strategy to let opponent die, Heal Bell is here for curing teammates (and even Sylvia in some situations). Hyper Voice is his main STAB after Pixiliate. It gets boost by Pixiliate and then boost by STAB and it reaches Base Attack around 175. Wish is her healing move, that can even heal her teammates.
I am not really sure about this Pokémon, but despite Chansey, he is the best with Heal Bell (or Aromatherapy) and healing move user.

Mole (Excadrill) @ Air Balloon
Mold Breaker
Jolly 4 Def 252 Atk 252 Spe
-Stealth Rock
-Rapid Spin
-Iron Head
-Earthquake
Mold Breaker is here because of Rotom-Wash and it can even break Sturdy. Stealth Rock is great residual damage, Rapid Spin is to blow away opponent's Stealth Rock and save Talonflame's live. Iron Head is there against Fairy Pokémon and it's a STAB. Earthquake is his strongest STAB and probably the best move in combination with Mold Breaker.
Sometimes I think about changing him Excadrill over Donphan (or Forretress?), but I think the possibility of taking down Rotom-Wash is the best choice.

THREATS:

Heatran - Since my Sp.Def wall is Sylveon, I cannot really check and take down Heatran (he's resistant to Fairy). My only hopes are to predict him well or revenge kill him (it will probably just make him switch) with Excadrill's EQ. I can wall him with Talonflame, but since he can learn Ancient Power, it is a riskant move.
Gliscor - this guy usually goes down on HP Ice 2HKO - that's big problem. Usually I even don't get to use HP Ice since I cannot carefully switch into Manetric-M without being afraid of Earthquake. I can PP Stall him with Amoonguss... that's the way, but it's boring then.
Mega Charizard Y- this guy can take my Sylveon on 2-3HKO. I can't switch into Sylveon without sacrificing him, because I usually lost more than 40% of HP and I do not have Protect (I need Hyper Voice against some Pokémon, so I cannot have Protect).
Hyper Voice is good against Psychic Pokémon and good while predicting switch, also works well on Dragon Pokémon.
I can "wall" Charizard with my Talonflame, but there is a big problem, that wise player might play Ancient Power on Charizard and take me down OHKO.

CONCLUSION:

It's quite a balanced team, I dont really want to change Pokémon in it. I really like each of them and they work together, even though there are those three Pokémon, where I do need to play very carefully.

Please RATE MY TEAM :)
You can also Rate my Pokémon's nicknames and invent new ones.
Thank you for reading, good man!

Last edited:

Scotti

we back.
Hey bro your team is somewhat solid, but i think it could be a lot better with one change. I think you should replace Mandibuzz with Azumarill. Firstly, Mandibuzz doesn't offer much to your team besides a strong wall and a taunt user. Normally mandibuzz is a defogger but you have excadrill as a spinner so mandibuzz is not as good as it could be. Now with the addition of choice band azumarill you will pretty much be able to beat every poke on your threat list. Aqua Jet 2hko every poke besides gliscor on your threat list, and waterfall OHKO all of them (it has 25% chance to KO gliscor, so if you get rocks down it can't switch in without getting killed). One other thing is that gliscor likes to toxic stall, but with heal bell and wish from sylveon azumarill can repeatedly switch into gliscor. Also thanks to aqua jet if gliscor gets sub up you can spam aqua jet and eventually take it out. (Splash Plate also works well if you want to be able to switch moves, so you can use waterfall and aqua jet making it harder for gliscor to defeat you)

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 HP / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Superpower

Azumarill @ Splash Plate
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 HP / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Superpower

also put the splash plate set if you want to test it out. same set as choice band accept with splash plate.

i hope i helped :3

My opinion ( Experience): An ok Team, I played the battle out in my head against one of my teams ( choice band infernape, life orb and calm mind Jirachi. toxic orb and baton pass gliscor, leftovers cloyster, resting trevenant, and hydreigon.
Overall: choice band infernape, fire blitz 1 K/Oed Fungy so your lead is wrecked/ Mindy is my main threat

df27fresh: I would switch Amoonguss... I do know the word "weakness"... since Infernape is usually Physical Attacker I would switch into Mandibuzz...

scotti: I tried it in few games... I can't really say what is better, sometimes it's good to have Azumarill despite everything and sometimes I miss my Mandibuzz, I will keep testing it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)