Balanced Hackmons Viability Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity, is there a reason that regular Houndoom is listed (as opposed to Houndoom-Mega)?
I've been playing BH for a few weeks now and haven't seen a single one of either, so I'm not too sure what they do.
The idea is that Houndoom with Drought mega evolves to get Solar Power. (edit: ninja'd by Arhops)

The only Houndoom-Mega I've seen in a while was a Speed Boost set with Fighting-type Judgment. (That is what it is, right Nike of Samothrace?)

Houndoom does have a unique typing though with good STAB coverage. I'm sure it has some potential, it just needs more exploring. And the Drought set is definitely a major threat against unprepared teams.

Arhops Oh that makes sense, thanks for the explanation.

Asterat Your name is vaguely familiar.. were you on Faladran's blog way back when? I sort of come and go from this game, usually find myself back here every few months at least for a little bit. Surprised to find anyone who knows who I am, haha.

Out of curiosity, is there a reason that regular Houndoom is listed (as opposed to Houndoom-Mega)?
I've been playing BH for a few weeks now and haven't seen a single one of either, so I'm not too sure what they do.
Not sure why Houndoom is listed, the standard one has no use in BH as far as I know, while the mega version is going to be underwhelming. Drought is probably not the best ability for it either, something like Chlorophyll after some other mon uses Drought might have some effectiveness.

Edit: LOL I didn't see this 2nd page

Not sure why Houndoom is listed, the standard one has no use in BH as far as I know, while the mega version is going to be underwhelming. Drought is probably not the best ability for it either, something like Chlorophyll after some other mon uses Drought might have some effectiveness.

Edit: LOL I didn't see this 2nd page
So many replies, and all for the sake of Houndoom.

First of all, nice list!

A few things I would maybe add:

Ampharos-Mega of some kind (Ranger Mike)
Technician on MMX. Laugh all you want, but it's a good set, for the sheer power combined with surprise factor (Kit Kasai and Piccolo Daimao)
:( what about the tech mmx creator?

It's kind of gimmicky but I ran specs regenerator mega-ampharos with volt switch/draco meteor/searing shot/trick. It's tough to play with without trick room, since its speed is really underwhelming, but specs draco meteor 1hkos gira which is very very nice. The idea is to use it as a bulky pivot (you can also cripple support mons/shed if you make good predicts with trick) and do tons of damage with super effective STABS. That said, regenerator doesn't do too much for amphy if it's 1hko'd (things that do this very well are any of the -ate users bar aerialate and other super-effective moves like thousand arrows), so you have to play smart.

Another silly set that I used that fared very well against players who were not expecting it was illusion gyarados that mevo'd. I ran something like crabhammer/koff/shell smash/baton pass. If what I was up against would counter me, I'd baton pass to feign having a shedinja. When you mevo you get moldy which is a very useful, especially after a shell smash. Watch out though, because like most mold breaker sweepers, you'll need something that can wall or ko it on your own team that doesn't rely on an ability in case of imposters (I used a techni mmx with mach punch to hit hard on the minus defenses). You should note, however, that if you do not sustain damage, after mega evolving, you still are under the effect of illusion, so imposters can not transform into you (I haven't checked to see if this was updated or fixed, but I sort of doubt it).

Finally, magic guard/scrappy shed can really throw players off and potentially net you an important KO if they decide to stay in or switch to a ghost type.

TL;DR: Regenerator (maybe) for amphy, illusion for gyara, magic guard/scrappy for shed, and technician for mmx

It doesn't. Its species is not Latios or Latias.

The Soul Dew only works for those two, not their megas.
Has that been tested in game now that X and Y Pokegen exists? If Smealum was able to hack the Megas straight into the wild, then it can be assumed that the Megas can be "Pokegenned" straight into the party, just like alternate formes in past generations. The game considers Megas as alternate formes of the originals, but because they can't hold items there is no *normal* way to test if they would get the boosts from signature items. Remember when everyone ran Imposter Blissey because it was assumed that species specific items gave buffs based off of the transformation until it was found out that this was SOLELY true of Ditto's signature items? I'm saying that we should probably test the game to see if it counts the Megas as the original species for the purposes of the boosts provided by their signature item.

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
Couldn't you just take a ditto with soul dew, transform into a Mega Lati, and see if it gets the boost? I'm kinda torn between if it would or not. I mean, it has the same dex number, but not the same index number iirc.

If the Imposter mechanics are the same, the items function off of the base species, not the one the Imposter transforms into, hence why Imposter Pikachu can still use a Light Ball. So, it's very likely that Soul Dew Ditto wouldn't get the boost even if it transformed into regular Lati@s.

Anyway, as far as I'm aware, nobody has managed to Pokegen a mega straight into the party. Or has even attempted to do so last I looked. And in any case, the real question would be if the Pokemon was usable as a mega without it's stone in battle or, if it was, then if it wasn't simply a cosmetic change similar to plateless Arceus forms last gen.

Darmanitan is only listed as Regenerator, but it has a lot of potential as unaware (it resists all contrary moves except draco meteor, that's why i always put Darm with Xern) or as PH to check status + No Guard users (Gira can do that as well, but is weak to any No Guard that uses Blizzard).

Xerneas should have Magic Bounce listed, put a Subs on this thing and D-Tail can't phaze, Circle Throw is resisted, only Mold WW works. Then setup Tail Glow or something behind a Subs and be happy.

I use Close Combat/Judgment/King Shield/Shell Smash Aegiglash with Stance Change. It's not powerful as a M-Gengar (except a Close Combat coming from 150 atk compared to a Secret Sword coming from a 170 SpAtk, but i'm not absolutely sure of it, need to see the calcs), can't kill Sturdinjas without Mold, but you can deal Sheddy with SR, and more important: This guy resists all -ate priority moves, while Gengar easily dies for them (well, not Pixilate) after SS.

Now going into a really gimmick thing: -ate Shedinja. All of -ate abilities are better versions of Scrappy. You hit the ghosts, get some coverage, and get a 1.3 boost on ExtremeSpeed to finish your target after the Leftovers (or Poison Heal) recovery that comes after you hit them with Endeavor.

I agree with all of these except for the aegislash, with so many arrows and waves running around that is one turn off another is that it doesnt outspeed one of the best users (MM2X) after a shell smash. As for the ate sheddy I definitely want to try this, sounds like a lot of fun. You can also use feint because spiky shield saks.

But Aegiglash does outspeed MM2X (and even Y) after a Shell Smash. But to outspeed 150 Base Speed (Mega-Aero, M-Alakazam, Deoxys-A) you need a +Speed Nature, anything else goes with a neutral nature, being Deoxys-Speed the only one Aegi can't outspeed after a SS.

Despite that i have to agree that Thousand Arrows running wild makes it hard to setup.

• A+ Rank -----> S Rank
Mega Mewtwo X is a seriously amazing Pokemon, being extremely hard to switch into and super easy to fit on a team. It has a plethora of sets, including, but is not limited to, No Guard, Contrary, Protean, Tinted Lens, Poison Heal. It also has a lesser known set I've been testing which is Guts, which allows it to easily take advantage of the burns it tends to attract:
  • 252 Atk Guts Mega Mewtwo X Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Giratina: 274-324 (54.3 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
  • 252 Atk Guts Mega Mewtwo X Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 248-294 (49.2 - 58.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
Another interesting way I've found around this is by using Flash Fire Mega Mewtwo X, which allows it an immunity to Fire-type moves and burns! Honestly, it's one of the most versatile Pokemon in a very versatile metagame. My absolute favorite set is No Guard, as literally nothing can switch in thanks to Inferno and Zap Cannon crippling pretty much everything. It's very deserving of S Rank in my opinion.

There is only one flaw in the BH tier where you could get parental bond or any banned abilities. This is done through mega evolution, which is however, not banned.

Lets start with an example:

Kangaskhan with magic bounce.

Magic bounce is always handy/useful.

A set for Kangaskhan can be like Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite, this is whereby mega evoltion comes about, and kanga can get pbond.
so a usual set for this kanga can be like
Super fang, you know why rite? --> instantly - 75% off your current hp.
Sacred Fire --> Burns are really helpful especially against strudy shedys. Also sacred fire 50% burn rate, could get a burn twice, even if lum berry, still will burn.
ExtremeSpeed--> +2 Priority should kill with STAB against enemy with only 25% hp left?
Drain Punch--> Recovery is always useful.

This is pretty much broken, as pbond is banned, anyways, if opponent has trace for no apparent reason, random opponent with pbond?

Here is the set for those who want it:
Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Super Fang
- ExtremeSpeed
- Drain Punch

Its not very commonly seen as it is outclassed by other pokes in BH. So my thoughts on mega kanga below:

I personally think mega Kangaskhan even with pbond should be in the B+ rank, as it can be easily countered, like superpower or other stuff like boomburst... also mega Kangaskhan doesnt have the greatest of speeds. I personally have swept with this poke before, so i think it should be in the B+ rank.

Will post again about another broken mega evo in BH soon.

There is only one flaw in the BH tier where you could get parental bond or any banned abilities. This is done through mega evolution, which is however, not banned.

Lets start with an example:

Kangaskhan with magic bounce.

Magic bounce is always handy/useful.

A set for Kangaskhan can be like Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite, this is whereby mega evoltion comes about, and kanga can get pbond.
so a usual set for this kanga can be like
Super fang, you know why rite? --> instantly - 75% off your current hp.
Sacred Fire --> Burns are really helpful especially against strudy shedys. Also sacred fire 50% burn rate, could get a burn twice, even if lum berry, still will burn.
ExtremeSpeed--> +2 Priority should kill with STAB against enemy with only 25% hp left?
Drain Punch--> Recovery is always useful.

This is pretty much broken, as pbond is banned, anyways, if opponent has trace for no apparent reason, random opponent with pbond?

Here is the set for those who want it:
Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Super Fang
- ExtremeSpeed
- Drain Punch

Its not very commonly seen as it is outclassed by other pokes in BH. So my thoughts on mega kanga below:

I personally think mega Kangaskhan even with pbond should be in the B+ rank, as it can be easily countered, like superpower or other stuff like boomburst... also mega Kangaskhan doesnt have the greatest of speeds. I personally have swept with this poke before, so i think it should be in the B+ rank.

Will post again about another broken mega evo in BH soon.
'banned' abilities on their natural pokemon (wonder guard on shed, etc) are not banned

we should do like the most commonly used items:
1. Leftovers--> I donno what item to put on my pokemon
2. Lum Berry--> I can remove status problems
3. Toxic Orb--> Poison Heal u dont say?
4. Eviolite--> Imposter Chansey
5. Life Orb--> More Damage Done
6. Safety Goggles--> No More Weather Damage!!
7. Spooky Plate/Pixie Plates--> More Damage/People who use LRod mega gengar(JUDGEMENT)
8. Flame Orb--> Magic Guard Special Attackers
9. Focus Sash--> Obvious Reasons
10. Rocky Helmet--> Sturdy Shedy counter

Others not on the list:
Choice Items--> Why do u even need them?, besides choice scarf
Power Herb--> Geomancy?
Sitrus Berry--> Recovery?
White Herb--> I dont even know?
Itemless--> Acrobatics? Thief? IDK

So Above is a list of the rather commonly used items in BH, hope this helps if anyone needed this. I may have missed out on some rarely used items tho.

First of all we will not be doing items here right Asterat also your list is very flawed. Leftovers is not very common, and Toxic Orb should be number one let's all admit it. It also doesn't mention lucky punch which is rather disappointing.

Mike is right, there are a few missing items starting from Lucky Punch, Black Sludge and Mega Stones. Other lesser used items are Flame Orb on Special Magic Guard pokemon with Psycho Shift (Looking at you, Light of Ruin Mega Gardevoir!), Specs on Kyuw for wallbreaking abilities, Soul Dew...
Leftovers is not even run at all in most of the teams. Toxic Orb is not on every pokemon only because there's an ability clause. Sitrus is not only used for recovery but for Unburden boost on BD anti-imposter pokemon like Ho-Oh, Regigigas and Slaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)