Tournament AXPL I: Kommensement Thread

Cyril tbh

formerly LordDoesOtherStuff
Unbiased Name Rankings:

8th: Power Up Punching Ledians

not good...I could just as well call it Drill Pecking Corviknights or Leech Lifing Zubats. Feels crazy uninspired and I can't help but hate on it. 2/10

7th: Blue Lock Blacephalons

Too similar to ours :( I also don't fw running with the same mon that is mascot for the tour. Meh, like a 4/10

6th: Divine Pulse Dialgas

I mean I guess it makes sense? It's the time thing from fire emblem iirc. The "Pulse" is awkward and theres no real pun. 4.5/10

5th: Giggling Gyaradosites

I am indifferent. It's okay. Not a super fan of having the... stone be the thing in the name but you know, you can't win everything. 5/10

4th: Criminal Chien Paos

This name isn't great, but it's carried by the fact that it's a pun on the manager. Not much else, Concept Everything you suck. 6/10

3rd: Tasty Tatsugiris

Pretty decent name. I like the pun, it works very well and all of the letters match really well! Could pack a little more punch but uh, aight name. 7/10

2nd: [REDACTED] Rowlets

Cool name. Good pun, hit's hard and rolls easily of the tounge. It really hits the spot for me and I really appreciate the added detail of the brackets. 8.5/10

1st: THE IRON WALREIN OF DATE TECH

Easy win, go go let's go let's go dateko, the iron walrein is winning! 10/10!:sphearical:

Power Rankings: I don't know much about tp mains so this list might be slightly inaccurate

2) [Redacted Rowlets] :rowlet:

I feel like Rowlets have pretty well stacked team of good solid builders and tp mainers and draftist. I am putting this team above no.3 just cuz bleahey went with a similar team as HGPL 3 and the experience of battling together there as a team will help the team a lot.

3) Divine Pulse Dialgas :dialga:

This team has a mix of solid players like Fragments for singles and Opelucid for the doubles slot, Lechen who is a really good builder from what I have seen, along with TP mainers who can support the aforementioned players and hold their own in their respective tiers. A close contender for the 2nd place spot

4) Criminal Chien Paos :chien pao: and Blue Lock Blacephelons :blacephalon:

both teams look solid on paper, just 1/2 picks making the difference between them and 3rd

6) Tasty Tatsugiris :tatsugiri:

Idk why sundays put them at last, they are definitely better than the other 2 teams imo. The only thing I would like to say is : I don't see a doubles main who can put up a fight against the likes of ipika/airedzone/opelucid, etc. Moreover deciding playing 8 from 13 players can get tricky sometimes.

7) The Iron Walreins of Date Tech :walrein:

Mostly a solid team, I just don't understand few of the picks they made, which maybe because of my lack of knowledge about TP players.

8) Giggling Gyradosites :gyarados-mega:

All who saw the auction witnessed what happened during the end phase. Imo the Gyradosities (is this teally 7 pokemon and 1 mega stone tour ?) used a lot of their money early on, on their first few picks and were left with very little money for their final few picks and as a result didn't get the players they originally wanted

Didn't do no. 1 cuz come on, we all know Ledians are strong af

Again, this is just my opinion, I did little to no research on most of the players and even the best of players can have a bad tournament and there is always scope for hidden gems to pop up, so don't take this power rankings too seriously. All the best to everyone :blobthumbsup:

My unbiased PRs:
1. Blue Lock Blacephalons :blacephalon:
Their starting lineup looks stacked af: dex is goated, fangame is doubles menace, pika does om stuff, ric3m4n covers rands well, and also with Uta building support, this actually looks scary

2. Giggling Gyaradosites :gyarados-mega:
This is sort of a mixed bag but overall looks solid with the managers, a draft player in Computer Whiz, bern for 1v1, ninja for dubs, and usn for rands, ffk overall. ngl the bench is sorta looking a little weak but I can see them sacrifincg a slot or just giving an easy slot to any of their subs and they are looking solid

3. Divine Pulse Dialgas :dialga:
This team is pretty solid. Lechen building always makes any team in a same-x based tournament better, and then you also have Fragments for singles, Opelucid for doubles, and overall good players like s7a, as well as tmg peopel like bloccked and Flinchaxisgreat, making for a solid team. Mainly carried by Lechen, Fragments, Opelucid, and s7a though imo.

4. The Iron Walreins of Date Tech :walrein:
This team is interesting. It's headed by Cyril, Sificon, seroo, and dunoks. These players are all really solid. Then, you have more niche picks like BloodAce and McCrab, who I think can build okay. The rest of the team is sorta bid but can place them in the middle spot.

5. Criminal Chien Paos :chien-pao:
This team is okay, but I feel like there are a couple ssue. ChrisCP and Concept Everything make a decent core, and having both AIRedzone and Idyll makes their doubles position stacked, but I just find it a little interesting becaues it feels like an overlap. Then, Kanha Greninja is on rands, which is pretty good, but then the rest of the team I'm just not too sure about in terms of the same-x tiers.

6. Power-Up Punching Ledians :ledian:
This team started off well-enough with ihbst, liiimpy, dorron, and celestia, but there are a bunch of questionable picks in the mix like the early Pokemonerxyz pick, as well as just a bunch of randoms who I don't know. ngl this team is pretty mid, I don't think they're making playoffs. It does have potential though. At least they knew to not self-buy Flodsire.

7. Tasty Tatsugiris :tatsugiri:
Literally a fucking army on this team, but there is not much substance - you have a bunch of decent players, but I don't think there are particularly any standouts who will pop off and go like x-1 or x-0. Maybe they can prove me wrong, but the Tatsugiris aren't looking too great.

Obviously, 0th place goes to Rowlets since we simply are the goats :rowlet:.

2. Divine Pulse Dialgas

A very sold line up, a team that I can actually see going to the top. Most of the members actually have good victories, overall a very good team.

3. [REDACTED] Rowlets

As much as I hate DP333, he has a good team. Feels like good teamworks and draftees overall

4. Blue Lock Blaphelons

Dex, ironpika, fangame10, and uta the clown. Those are the only things I need to say

5. The Iron Walreins of Date Tech

Very high highs, and very low lows, it just balances it out to be overall very middling and not threatening

6. Criminal Chien Paos

Most of the team is very middling, some members seem good, but that’s just some.

7. Giggling Gyradosites

Spending too much can leave you off to not be very good later.

8. Tasty Tatsugiris

Fell off hard. Most picks are mid-bad, nothing special in particular

Lechen

scorched by flames
is a Tiering Contributor
1. Divine Pulse Dialgas :dialga:
Stealth Rock, Trick Room, good defensive typing, strong STABs, good coverage options this thing has it all. Plus, turning back time is an extremely powerful ability, as you can see here.
2. Blue Lock Blacephalons :blacephalon:
Extremely powerful STABs, decent utility move pool with wisp but sadly lacking in coverage. I don't know what "Blue Lock" is but I'm assuming it's some mediocre ability like "Air Lock".
3. Criminal Chien Paos :chien-pao:
Middling STABs but makes it up with raw physical attack, STAB Sucker Punch and blistering fast speed. However, it gets marked down due to the fact it is a "Criminal", which typically spends it's time fleeing than fighting.
4. The Iron Walreins of Date Tech :Walrein:
Ridiculously bulky, especially with the raw stat buff being a Paradox Pokémon brings. However it's movepool is sadly lacking besides decent STABs so I have to place it in 4th place. Expect them to make playoffs by the skin of their teeth.
5. Tasty Tatsugiris :Tatsugiri:
Spinner, Nasty Plot, Strong STABs and OK stats. However, being tasty does mothing to amplify it's offensive potential which leads to it being placed in 5th place.
6. [REDACTED] Rowlets :rowlet:
Despite the fact this is a LC mon, it still provides more utility then the Pokémon below it. Being [REDACTED] makes it mysterious and stealthy, so this may be able to creep into playoffs. Only time will tell.
7. Power-Up-Punching Ledians :ledian:
LMAO sneky pebbles go brrr. Even attack boosting cannot help this Pokémon to transcend beyond mediocrity. Have fun taking 50% from rocks on the switch.
8. Giggling Gyaradosites :unown:
NO MON LMAO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)