Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Infared battle is the only format W/O preview.

on the second question, i think you get kings's rock from that treasure guy.not sure though, so i'll get back to you on that.
Well what is infrared battle?

Edit: okok I searched it. So it's a way to use the infrared hookups on cart. So is there a format on PO that assumes infrared battling with no team preview?

I have a flawless Mandibuzz I RNGed as my second successful RNG. I plan to do my perfect set when I learn to RNG breed, but I wanted this one to be put to good use.

Adamant: 252 Def, 252 HP, 6 Att
Overcoat
@Leftovers

Payback
U-Turn
Substitute
Brave Bird

Any suggestions on how to make her better?

I have a flawless Mandibuzz I RNGed as my second successful RNG. I plan to do my perfect set when I learn to RNG breed, but I wanted this one to be put to good use.

Adamant: 252 Def, 252 HP,4 Sp.D
Overcoat
@Leftovers

Taunt/U- Turn
Whirlwind
Toxic
Brave Bird/Fly

Fly is there to rack up Toxic damage

suggestions in bold

BurningMan

fueled by beer

Adamant: 252 Def, 252 HP, 6 Att
Overcoat
@Leftovers

Payback
U-Turn
Substitute
Brave Bird

Well adamant obviously sucks cause even with a +Atk Nature and a 120 BP Attack she will deal shit damage.
I would try to find a bold/calm one and use

Roost
Taunt
Knock Off/Toxic/U-Turn
Whirlwind

cause thats really the best she can do. EV wise you could concentrate on one defensive side depending on what you want to use. If you want her to be able to take hits from both sides go with Bold 252 HP/92 Def/160 SDef or simply look if there are specific hits you want her to be able to take. Since 80 Base Speed isn't crappy you could go with some Spe EVs to outspeed specific Pokes (i would only really do this if you use her in UU though).

Can anyone think of any Gen I or Gen II Pokemon that counters bulky waters that would also work in today's meta? I've been trying to build a retro team (for current standard OU) and have had some success with Nasty Plot Celebi, but it fails to rain teams with Thunderous and such... Thanks for the help!

^ Vaporeon. It`s kinda hard without the team as a whole, though. But vappy has been a solid choice since... always.
To deal with specific threats like the thundurus you mentioned we would need the all team.

Two Questions:
Does hidden power take weather into account? For example if I use HP Fire in the rain will its power be halved?

Is there any difference between the PO and Smogon server?

Thanks in advance.

Two Questions:
Does hidden power take weather into account? For example if I use HP Fire in the rain will its power be halved?

Thanks in advance.
Yes, Hidden Power is affected by weather.

Two Questions:

Thanks in advance.
Well, the above post answered half of that.

The PO and Smogon servers have different banlists for the different tiers. That's the biggest difference. Otherwise, PO's server generally has more people on it, and you tend to find some really n00b teams in the lower rankings.

EDIT: Today's a bad day. Ninja'd again.

Right now I'm playing pokemon platinum and got to the part where you get a level 30 eevee for free. Since it is the correct nature for Vaporeon (Bold) could I just ev train it and get max stats? Or do I actually need to hatch a level 1 eevee to get max stats? Also after all ev's are properly I do whatever I want right?

RNG Ground Shaking Spots

Hi, I've RNGed perfect Litwicks and Axews before, but now would like to RNG a Drillbur. How would I do this? How does the process change for Shaking Spots? Thanks, Ian
btw I'm using Beta 9.81 of RNGreporter.

Elfy it doesn't matter what level you start ev training a pokemon it will have the same stats as an identical pokemon hatched at level 1(assuming same Ivs) and yes after its Ev trained you can do whatever with it

Right now I'm playing pokemon platinum and got to the part where you get a level 30 eevee for free. Since it is the correct nature for Vaporeon (Bold) could I just ev train it and get max stats? Or do I actually need to hatch a level 1 eevee to get max stats? Also after all ev's are properly I do whatever I want right?
Technically, you need full IVs to get Max stats, but, you can still do pretty good since it comes with no EVs on it already.

Cool, thank you so much, because breeding the right nature is a hideous torturous waste of time.

@MoreThankLuck
Thank you!
I think can live without max IV's. :P

I am currently building a team for fun and very small casual/competitive play.
This is currently what I have for my team.

Accelgor
Mienshao
Valcarona
Hydreigeon
Terrakoin (possibly)
???

I could use a tank and possibly something in place of Terrakoin. I would really like the tank or the replacement to have toxic spikes. I am not a huge EV trainer, so I will probably just get all of their speeds maxed and thats it. Unlike many people here, I am not a pro trainer at all. I am just building a strong fun team to wipe the floor with my friends. I do understand how to do all of the things necessary except for the dream world things.

I would appreciate all the tips and recommendations you guys could give me. Thank you very much!

I am currently building a team for fun and very small casual/competitive play.
This is currently what I have for my team.

Accelgor
Mienshao
Valcarona
Hydreigeon
Terrakoin (possibly)
???

I could use a tank and possibly something in place of Terrakoin. I would really like the tank or the replacement to have toxic spikes. I am not a huge EV trainer, so I will probably just get all of their speeds maxed and thats it. Unlike many people here, I am not a pro trainer at all. I am just building a strong fun team to wipe the floor with my friends. I do understand how to do all of the things necessary except for the dream world things.

I would appreciate all the tips and recommendations you guys could give me. Thank you very much!
If you want a tank this generation you can't do much better than Excadrill.

Another noobish queatoin: What is Challenge Cup and how to play it?
Challenge cup is random Pokemon with random movesets, abilities, ect. You play it by selecting the Challenge Cup tier in the "other" tier section before pressing Find Battle if you want to battle a random person, or you select "challenge cup" as a clause when challenging someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)