Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer - Pokemon Showdown! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I'm new to Smogon but I been on PS for a while... Is Meowstic-F's sprite still the prototype? Just saying...

Thank you. I was wondering because of the Choice Scarf Dark Void strategy from way back in BW Ubers. It was/is legal as the rules were written, but countered far too easily.

MoxieInfinite

Banned deucer.
I dont know what your asking but pokemon showdown receives over 10,000 users. If your looking for the staff of showdown they can be found here
It was a reply to the comment above mine, where he is refering to the people of Smogon wanted Monotype Doubles, while the amount of people who actually want it is like 2.

Is there a way to check win/loss? I just battled a guy who said he checked my win/loss, said I sucked for having a bad win/loss and also "having weird teams" (saying Roserade and a Dragonite with Iron Head were weird) and then left. I would've beaten him (his only guys left were on low HO/weak to my Aegislash) and I had just outpredicted his Bisharp but whatever. Just wondering if it's a thing or if he's talking out of his arse.

Also why am I stuck with Machamp as an avy, can'ty figure out how to change it D:

Is there a way to check win/loss? I just battled a guy who said he checked my win/loss, said I sucked for having a bad win/loss and also "having weird teams" (saying Roserade and a Dragonite with Iron Head were weird) and then left. I would've beaten him (his only guys left were on low HO/weak to my Aegislash) and I had just outpredicted his Bisharp but whatever. Just wondering if it's a thing or if he's talking out of his arse.

Also why am I stuck with Machamp as an avy, can'ty figure out how to change it D:
You can check your ranking by doing /rank in any room or the lobby.

You can change your avatar by going in your profile page and clicking the machamp. There are certain restrictions for avatars.

So is a Dnite with Iron Head really weird and make it so I don't know what I'm doing? I mean 70 wins to 64 losses is a bit eh but that's still 70 wins so I wouldn't say I'm bad.

So is a Dnite with Iron Head really weird and make it so I don't know what I'm doing? I mean 70 wins to 64 losses is a bit eh but that's still 70 wins so I wouldn't say I'm bad.
Dragonite with iron head is a good idea as far as I'm concerned. With such a fairy plagued meta we have right now the more steel type moves the better. It may also work well paired with weakness policy and multiscale, but this isn't the place to be talking about this.

Try the x and y discussion thread: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/xy-simple-questions-simple-answers-read-the-op-first.3489309/

Hello. I was just wondering. Another user on showdown sent me some mean messages after the battle between us had finished. Is there anything I can do about it other than being mean myself? Is there someone I can report this too?

Hello. I was just wondering. Another user on showdown sent me some mean messages after the battle between us had finished. Is there anything I can do about it other than being mean myself? Is there someone I can report this too?
You can use the /ignore username command to ignore any messages they're sending you. If they're malicious, you should PM a global staff member (% or @ users). A full list of global staff can be found here.

It seems that I've forgotten the password to my PS account. Is there a way to reset my password or can an admin help me out?

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It seems that I've forgotten the password to my PS account. Is there a way to reset my password or can an admin help me out?
Yes, only administrators can do it, and it's only done in special circumstances such as you forgetting the password or for it to match your Smogon username (with notability). Different administrators will reset nicknames for varying reasons.
As Vacate said, I would suggest getting into contact with an admin using the IRC or PMing them on Smogon/PS. Until then, I would suggest using a different account.

Nickos

Quack
is a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
we are getting out of beta.. well... if there are still some bugs to fix or we still need some graphics... then it would still be beta.. you know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)