Ask a Simple Question; Get a Simple Answer MK V: We're Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could run resto - chesto to great effect like I do if you want immediate recovary you could run morning sun Psychic doesnt add much coverage if you want to Plowright through the Blissey and Chansey walls you could run Psyshock but I don't know if Volc even gets it but none of these moves help against heatran who can lay rocks oar you out while Bug Buzz is a 3HKO against it even with 6 dances

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ok, so I'm currently running a Volcarona with Flamethrower, Bug Buzz, Quiver Dance, and Psychic. Should I run Flamethrower, Quiver Dance, Sunny Day, and Solarbeam instead? Or stick with the set I have now? Also, if you choose the first one, any replacements for Psychic, or is it good. It's not a terrible move, but I wanna know if there's anything better out there?
If this is for wifi or ingame?
The only problem with sunny day are the weather starters like hippo, tyranitar and abomasnow, and if the first 2 carry a rock attack your Volca is screwed before you try to restore sunny day .-.

I'm currently working on a Rain Subway team with Politoed, Jellicent and Nidoking. I'm not really sure I'd want to continually breed for HP Grass/Electric on Politoed. I'm thinking Surf/Ice Beam/Perish Song for now. Which of the three choices would be best for the 4th slot, Hyper Voice/Encore/Mud Shot? Or are there any better options?

haunter

Banned deucer.
@Alucard: Thanks! I'll look into Flamethrower and Brick Break. I don't see much point in Swords Dance since I already have Dragon Dance. I'd rather have an attack and speed boost rather than two attack boosts.
Just look at the 2n set here. Double dance Haxorus is a monster.
I'm currently working on a Rain Subway team with Politoed, Jellicent and Nidoking. I'm not really sure I'd want to continually breed for HP Grass/Electric on Politoed. I'm thinking Surf/Ice Beam/Perish Song for now. Which of the three choices would be best for the 4th slot, Hyper Voice/Encore/Mud Shot? Or are there any better options?
You could use protect with perish song or focus blast for random Empoleon, Ferrothorn.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ok, so I'm currently running a Volcarona with Flamethrower, Bug Buzz, Quiver Dance, and Psychic. Should I run Flamethrower, Quiver Dance, Sunny Day, and Solarbeam instead? Or stick with the set I have now? Also, if you choose the first one, any replacements for Psychic, or is it good. It's not a terrible move, but I wanna know if there's anything better out there?
Fire Blast is well worth the accuracy loss for the power, run that. Also, Psychic can be replaced by Hidden Power Ground for Heatran and Hidden Power Rock for Dragonite/Salamence/other Volcarona. You can also use Rest in that slot and a Chesto Berry. Morning Sun is yet another option.

So yeah, I felt like doing some competitive battling after a long time, and from what I've seen gen V looks hugely different to gen IV. Is there any page that sums up all the metagame changes or anything?

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So yeah, I felt like doing some competitive battling after a long time, and from what I've seen gen V looks hugely different to gen IV. Is there any page that sums up all the metagame changes or anything?
Not exactly, there is no one comprehensive guide for the 5th generation but I would recommend reading many of the articles on the Smog. Black and White coverage starts in Issue 13, and while some of the articles are outdated I believe they will all help you acquaint yourself with Gen V. (This is the latest metagame analysis, it goes over the top pokemon in usage and would be a fairly good place to start. Though remember the usage stats are always changing, here are the most recent stats, you can compare these to those in the article.)

A few specific articles not in the Smog include these guides for Volt-turn and Sun.

Also give the fifth gen rmt archive a look over. These teams accurately show the progression of the metagame and many popular strategies. M Dragon's team in particular describes the many iterations his team has gone through over a few months.

I'll update with more specific articles from the Smog. Hope this helps!

If this is for wifi or ingame?
The only problem with sunny day are the weather starters like hippo, tyranitar and abomasnow, and if the first 2 carry a rock attack your Volca is screwed before you try to restore sunny day .-.
It's ingame, battle subway, more specifically.

haunter

Banned deucer.
When the server goes down and 2 guys are having a match, do they both lose points?
I think that if the server goes down none of the players loses or earns points. The problem is that the server rarely goes down and most of the time you just get randomly disconnected.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think that if the server goes down none of the players loses or earns points. The problem is that the server rarely goes down and most of the time you just get randomly disconnected.
No the server definitely went down, because i was trying to connect for 10 mins and i couldn't, while my internet connection was fine, as i could watch vids in youtube as fast as ever...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)