Ask a simple question, get a simple answer mark 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
How exactly does Psych Up work? Does it copy your opponent's stat ups or does it add onto yours? Let's say I use Swagger on an opponent and then I use Psych Up. So now I have an attack modifier of +2. If I use Psych Up again will my attack modifier be +4 or will it still be +2? Also, if my opponent used Rock Tomb on my Pokemon and lowered my speed, and then I used Psych Up, will my speed return to normal if my opponent had normal speed?
I am pretty sure that if you psych up a stat, it will use the modifier that the opponent has. for example, if you had -2 in speed for whatever reason, and you psych up on a pokemon with no negative modifiers, you would end up with 0 modifiers in speed. someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Floatzel @ Jolly. 248atk/82hp/180spd
Waterfall / Crunch / Ice Fang / ???

What should I put for the last move? (Aqua Jet, Bulk Up, or Pursuit?)
What do you want to do with Floatzel?

I'd go with Pursuit for revenge kill options.

in the lucario analysis, why are there 4 evs in defense instead of hp?
Maybe it's a "Jump Point", where that extra point in defense will reduce 2 damage against some attack Lucario needs defense against.

I only got one Grass Knot and want to use it on two pokemon, so i decided that one will get Energy Ball. Which one, should it be:

Azelf
~Nasty Plot
~Flamethrower
~Psychic
~Grass Knot/Energy Ball

or

Manaphy
~Tail Glow
~Surf
~Ice Beam
~Grass Knot/Energy Beam

Thanks in advance.

i would probably go with energy ball on manaphy and grass knot on azelf, the only real reason for grass move on manaphy is for other waters, and the ones you should be scared of aren't usually heavy.
P.S. manaphy is considered uber now, didn't know if you knew.

I am currently training my crew still for the Elite Four and making some changes after my Wifi battles and I have discovered something that I need to ask about.

Does training(EV or Non-EV training) improve IVs or not?

Reason that I ask is this. I started out with a Charmander from an egg given to me in a trade by a good friend of mine for my Diamond crew. I had sucky IVs in most of its stats. Now though, it is a Level 40 Charizard with the following IVs(Hit Points First)> 2, 3/25, 26/29-31/17-19/18-22/28,29

Just want to know.

I am currently training my crew still for the Elite Four and making some changes after my Wifi battles and I have discovered something that I need to ask about.

Reason that I ask is this. I started out with a Charmander from an egg given to me in a trade by a good friend of mine for my Diamond crew. I had sucky IVs in most of its stats. Now though, it is a Level 40 Charizard with the following IVs(Hit Points First)> 2, 3/25, 26/29-31/17-19/18-22/28,29

Just want to know.
No, IV's are set at birth...or....when you get the egg.

Erm...EV training will not change IV's no matter what.

Well that doesn't explain the change in the IVs of the HP cause that was 1-3 and the others were in the 10-20 range mostly. I noticed this cause I was comparing the IVs randomly throughout the training and thought I noticed something going on since it evolved from Charmeleon into Charizard.

Just thought to post what I was observing and asking if this was possible.

Well that doesn't explain the change in the IVs of the HP cause that was 1-3 and the others were in the 10-20 range mostly. I noticed this cause I was comparing the IVs randomly throughout the training and thought I noticed something going on since it evolved from Charmeleon into Charizard.

Just thought to post what I was observing and asking if this was possible.
perhaps you are not training correctly. Ivs DO NOT change no matter what, and no matter how hard you train(unless you're hacking or something)

A question on Shoddy Battle, does it support Pokemon XD moves? Like, for instance, Morning Sun on Tangrowth?

Also, Hi Jump Kick is 85 Power currently on Shoddy Battle. Could this be fixed?

Actually, not currently EV training. I am still trying to get my wings here on Smogon so I am saving that for after I pulverize the Elite Four and Cynthia as I need to IV breed the pokes I have to get better ones.

Just want to know.
You most likely did not calculate the HP EVs you got from training into your IV calculation, which screwed up the IV calculation. IVs don't change.

What do you want to do with Floatzel?

I'd go with Pursuit for revenge kill options.
Floatzel, currently, is my opener for my team. He can hit hard with his high attack and the high speed should get him first hit. The D/P analysis has Bulk Up for this set, but I don't know if getting hit the first time (even though he can sweep the next turn) will help Floatzel in the long run.

I'm considering Aqua Jet because it could be a "for sure kill" when the opponent has a little bit of HP and it gets STAB. Pursuit like you said can get revenge-kill, but I don't know how many people would switch against a Floatzel, because he's not used often so not many people see him as a threat.

I think by just saying all of that, I think I'm going with Aqua Jet but I still think Bulk Up is a good move too. Any suggestions?

Pursuit like you said can get revenge-kill, but I don't know how many people would switch against a Floatzel, because he's not used often so not many people see him as a threat.
Well, since you're using 'em as a starter... I think you should put in Taunt instead.

Pursuit vs Aqua Jet...
When a sweeper is almost finished, it will either try to escape for another chance at a safe switch-in after one of its team members goes down (Pursuit will beat this) or stay and hope it's faster (like a Scarfed Hera or Ape, Aqua Jet here).

I was resetting for timid azelf and i got the following. I'm trying to get an extremely good one, but should I keep this?
Timid 31 HP/x/10/27/26/29 (speed last)

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Well, your Azelf still outspeeds Weavile. Is it good enough for you, or do you wanna try some 50/50 chance of outspeeding other Azelfs?

Is this Ditto worth cloning and trading?

Ditto - Impish - 6/13/20/5/31/29

It has good speed, special defense, and okay defense. Everything else is pretty meh, but it has a good nature for its IVs.

1-If i have 2 hacked parents and produce an offspring with godly iv's, will it be considered legit?

2- does speed boost get baton passed?

3- If i clone with pokesav, is the pokemon legit?

thanks

1-If i have 2 hacked parents and produce an offspring with godly iv's, will it be considered legit?

2- does speed boost get baton passed?

3- If i clone with pokesav, is the pokemon legit?

thanks
1: no... legit assumes you didn't hack to obtain anything. that's completely not fair to use hacked IVs to breed.
2: yes

[ABILITY]
Hyper Cutter
[SHORT DESC]
Prevents the enemy from lowering this Pokemon's attack.
[LONG DESC]
This Pokemon is immune to the enemy lowering its Attack stat with Intimidate, Charm, or Growl. Does not block the -Attack from Superpower.

Does it block the Atk drop from burn?

[ABILITY]
Hyper Cutter
[SHORT DESC]
Prevents the enemy from lowering this Pokemon's attack.
[LONG DESC]
This Pokemon is immune to the enemy lowering its Attack stat with Intimidate, Charm, or Growl. Does not block the -Attack from Superpower.

Does it block the Atk drop from burn?
No, just stuff like Charn and Intimidate.

I've got a question regarding Power Swap. Say Medicham has a 200 Attack stat and a 200 defense stat. Pure Power boosts Attack to 400. Medicham uses Power Trick. Does the attack stat keep the boost from Pure Power when it become Defense? And does the defense stat gain a boost from Pure Power once it becomes the attack stat? And if so, say Medicham used Power trick again,and its now 400 attack gets ANOTHER boost, bringing it to 800. Is any of this possible? I'm leaning towards no, but I gotta be sure.

Medicham Defence = 200
Medicham Attack = 400

Medicham used Power Swap

Medicham Defence = 400
Medicham Attack = 200

Medicham used Power Swap

Medicham Defence = 200
Medicham Attack = 400

Let's say I have a Lv. 46 Tangela and then teach it Ancient Power so it evolves into Tangrowth and then use Rare Candies until it is Lv. 100, would it still have the same stats if I had it evolved the Tangela into Tangrowth earlier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)