Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Yes. It stops Flinches (essentially). For instance, it means Jirachi hates it and that it can be switched into Inferanpe leads. And +1 Spe is nice anyway, just on the off-chance.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Does Steadfast have any real purpose on Lucario or no?
It's really a matter of personal preference which ability you use. If your opponent is trying to paraflinch you then Inner Focus is better than Steadfast. Though with access to priority moves like ExtremeSpeed, Bullet Punch, and Vacuum Wave, Lucario shouldn't be that concerned about flinching anyway.

This is most likely going to be my last question regarding my rain team, and it's not really important, but I'm breeding a Ludicolo. Where should I hatch the thing? Sadly, Ecruteak's Dance Theater doesn't count as a separate place, otherwise that'd be the obvious choice.

Also, thanks for the Kabutops suggestion. Bred one last night, thing hits harder than Floatzel and is crazy fast in rain.

Athenodoros

The battle frontier itself is always a good place to hatch things, but I always like the nostalgia of the route where the daycare is. I don't know, Ludicolo doesn't really have the distinguishing characteristics like most do.

What's the weakest overall (stats/typing/movepool) that can do all the battles in Battle Hall?

And should I try specifically for an Inner Focus Lucario, or just accept whichever? Or alternatively, wait for Dream World's Heart of Justice (attack goes up if hit with a Dark-type attack) ability for him?

The battle frontier itself is always a good place to hatch things, but I always like the nostalgia of the route where the daycare is. I don't know, Ludicolo doesn't really have the distinguishing characteristics like most do.
I took the Frontier idea and came up with something that's a bit of a logic stretch. Battle Arcade, since arcades often have dancing games.

Clever or stupid?

Augh!

Can someone verify something for me? I'm in Soul Silver, at the Frontier Access move tutor house, trying to teach my Drifblim Role Play (which Bulbapedia, Smogon and Serebii all say I SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO), and it's not letting me.

Would someone mind verifying for me that Drifblim CANNOT learn Role Play from tutors?

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Augh!

Can someone verify something for me? I'm in Soul Silver, at the Frontier Access move tutor house, trying to teach my Drifblim Role Play (which Bulbapedia, Smogon and Serebii all say I SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO), and it's not letting me.

Would someone mind verifying for me that Drifblim CANNOT learn Role Play from tutors?
I checked three Pokemon information sites (Serebii, Smogon, Psypokes) and Drifblim learns Roleplay from an HGSS tutor. Are you sure you have enough battle points for Role Play?

I checked three Pokemon information sites (Serebii, Smogon, Psypokes) and Drifblim learns Roleplay from an HGSS tutor. Are you sure you have enough battle points for Role Play?
Yep. And I'm talking to the correct tutor--he'll teach the move to my Alakazam, but the move doesn't come up when I ask him to teach a move to my Drifblim.

55/65/35/60/30/85 - Buizel
Hmm. Good base stats (quite bad, but maybe good enough to do the Battle Hall), decent stats for mixed if needed...

45/60/30/80/50/65 - Houndour
I like the special attack and 60 attack might be good enough for Thunder Fang...

---

Thoughts? Can either of these do the Battle Hall?

Yep. And I'm talking to the correct tutor--he'll teach the move to my Alakazam, but the move doesn't come up when I ask him to teach a move to my Drifblim.
Bulbapedia says that Drifblim can't learn Role Play.

I know there was an error a long time ago that on many sites, the list of Pokémon that can learn Role Play and the list of Pokémon that can learn Magic Coat (I'm pretty sure it was Magic Coat) were mixed up for some reason or another. I've heard Smogon still has this error even though it's been brought up numerous times.

It's worth noting that Bulbapedia and Serebii (though sometimes added with a dash of wrong) steal each other's info frequently. A good example is both sites erroneously not saying that Wormadam's forms give different EVs.

Bulbapedia says that Drifblim can't learn Role Play.

I know there was an error a long time ago that on many sites, the list of Pokémon that can learn Role Play and the list of Pokémon that can learn Magic Coat (I'm pretty sure it was Magic Coat) were mixed up for some reason or another. I've heard Smogon still has this error even though it's been brought up numerous times.
It's worth noting that Bulbapedia and Serebii (though sometimes added with a dash of wrong) steal each other's info frequently. A good example is both sites erroneously not saying that Wormadam's forms give different EVs.
Thanks. That makes SOO much more sense.

At least Drifblim gets Skill Swap...

Can anyone tell me what the deal with Cathy and PL is? Why did she have to leave, and even if she did, why does that mean PL had to go with her, weren't their co-programmers on it? Even regardless, why not let Smogon use it? I don't want to judge because I know Cathy has done a lot for the site, but this feels a lot like "taking your ball and going home".

It's the Create-A-Pokémon Server. But the server is almost always with less than 15 people. Except when it's Tour's day.
Thank you! Sorry, this is going to be the dumbest question ever, but I've never used the CAP server before, can I access it from Lab somehow, or do I need Shoddy? And either way, how do I go about finding it? Thanks again, last question on the topic, I promise. =P

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thank you! Sorry, this is going to be the dumbest question ever, but I've never used the CAP server before, can I access it from Lab somehow, or do I need Shoddy? And either way, how do I go about finding it? Thanks again, last question on the topic, I promise. =P
The CAP server is a server that is accessed from Shoddy Battle. It shows up on the server list as 'Create-A-Pokemon Server', you can't miss it.

The CAP server is a server that is accessed from Shoddy Battle. It shows up on the server list as 'Create-A-Pokemon Server', you can't miss it.
Great, thanks for the help. I'll go download Shoddy now, I haven't battled since Lab went down, I'm going into withdrawls. >_<

Can anyone tell me what the deal with Cathy and PL is? Why did she have to leave, and even if she did, why does that mean PL had to go with her, weren't their co-programmers on it? Even regardless, why not let Smogon use it? I don't want to judge because I know Cathy has done a lot for the site, but this feels a lot like "taking your ball and going home".
I didn't really care for either considering they were Java made, so it ran pretty poorly... but I do agree. Why does she have to take Pokemon Lab with her?

Athenodoros

It was more her work than anyone else's, so it really belonged to her. And if she is leaving Smogon, then she did not have to continue to allow indefinite access to her programme. Although I agree that someone should probably have noticed that there would be trouble in the weeks and weeks they spent developing it.

It was more her work than anyone else's, so it really belonged to her. And if she is leaving Smogon, then she did not have to continue to allow indefinite access to her programme. Although I agree that someone should probably have noticed that there would be trouble in the weeks and weeks they spent developing it.
If it was made for Smogon (great gift... another laggy simulator) you're incredibly spiteful/jerkish to leave and say "hey guys, I take back the gift :<".

(off-topic: what's a programme?)

What was Pokemon Online made with and is that what Smogon is supporting now?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)