Ask a simple question, get a simple answer mark 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
the site says that burn decreases defense as well. is this true? and if so, by how much?
No it doesn't. My very first WiFi Battle had a Garchomp burning my Skarmory to death with Fire Fang and it did not go out of the damage range even after the burn

why do so many peolpe ask for dittos with good IVs?
(Changed my mind about getting a quick answer.)

Because a ditto with good IVs has a reasonable chance of passing those IVs onto a baby.

You can then breed that baby with another ditto with good IVs, and have a chance of getting both the good IVs. This is a huge part of getting pokes with perfect IVs in multiple stats.

And is thus why dittos with great IVs can be extremely valuable.

aamto

on whom the three Fates smile
God. I need help with my WiFi settings. If ANYONE can help me, please PM or something.

Ok, so I'm deciding on wheter to make my Tangrowth a Special Attacker or a Physical one. I guess it comes down to Power Whip vs. Grass Knot. I'm intending him to be a Gyarados counter if that helps. What's a good moveset for either one?

Also, does it matter if I have 2 mixed attackers, 3 physical, and 1 special?

How hard does a 31 atk IV, Jolly Weavile hit after a Swords Dance? I went with 373 speed like is recomended in the analysis, and max attack, so he'll have 339. With a Swords Dance, that's 678. I'm primarily using him later game, as he's damn fast enough to outspeed just about anything left. Also, would an Expert Belt or Focus Sash work better on him? He's fragile, but the extra 20% damage is nice.

And my last question is, what are some pokemon I could switch Weavile into, that should switch out so I can Swords Dance up? And I'm not talking about switching into an attack, I mean when one of my pokemon goes down and I get a free switch.

Is there a Link or a thread that tells you what a pokemons characteristic means. I know that it means its the higest iv. But what does each individual saying mean? Ex. Likes to thrash about, Highly curious, etc.

How hard does a 31 atk IV, Jolly Weavile hit after a Swords Dance? I went with 373 speed like is recomended in the analysis, and max attack, so he'll have 339. With a Swords Dance, that's 678. I'm primarily using him later game, as he's damn fast enough to outspeed just about anything left. Also, would an Expert Belt or Focus Sash work better on him? He's fragile, but the extra 20% damage is nice.

And my last question is, what are some pokemon I could switch Weavile into, that should switch out so I can Swords Dance up? And I'm not talking about switching into an attack, I mean when one of my pokemon goes down and I get a free switch.
Low defense, slower pokes (Gengar, Timid Azelf, you'll need the free switch though) Also, things like Blissey and Cress (though you may consider a Lum berry). There's probably more but I can't think of them right now. If you're planning on using Focus Sash, clear the skies of sandstorm and get rid of their sandstreamer, beware of spikes and even consider using a wish passer if your plan goes awry.

Check the analysis for counters. If you do plan to use focus sash, consider using him as a starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)