Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've recently gotten into competitive pokemon battling, although I used to play the old school games back in the day. Anyway, I realize I have no experience when it comes to battling actual humans and very little in effective team building, and I know that the tutor program is in place for this, but seeing as how the current rounds over my simple question is if any generous smogon-goer would mind maybe teaching me a few things, ala the tutor program but without the big tourney at the end.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
So I've recently gotten into competitive pokemon battling, although I used to play the old school games back in the day. Anyway, I realize I have no experience when it comes to battling actual humans and very little in effective team building, and I know that the tutor program is in place for this, but seeing as how the current rounds over my simple question is if any generous smogon-goer would mind maybe teaching me a few things, ala the tutor program but without the big tourney at the end.
You can join the next round of Tutoring program and the Tourney is not a must, you can be tutored and you can write that you dont want to join the tourney.

You can join the next round of Tutoring program and the Tourney is not a must, you can be tutored and you can write that you dont want to join the tourney.
I realize that, but as stated before I'd like to get started now, and I feel that with just a bit of guidance I could get better faster than I would be able to just battling on Smogon with a carbon copy team.

How do I get Uxie's, Mesprit's, and Azelf's pokedex data without actually having to interact with them? (I don't want to have to SR for them now, and don't want to kill them).

Is there a picture or anything anywhere?

How do I get Uxie's, Mesprit's, and Azelf's pokedex data without actually having to interact with them? (I don't want to have to SR for them now, and don't want to kill them).

Is there a picture or anything anywhere?
Pretty sure you need to trade if you don't want to battle them.

Or, as legends reappear in Platinum, you might be able to KO them and reset later.

Hey guys. So I heard about these 2 rumors on the web that:

1. You're able to have another at catching Giratina again by going back to Turnback Cave if you didn't before.

2. I heard word on the web that in Platinum, you're able to re-battle every legendary until you catch them. I've read somewhere that this has been confirmed as true for the Legendary Trio, but not sure about the other legends in the game.

Can anyone confirm if either of these are true? I want to SR for Legendaries, especially for the ones that I missed out on in my diamond cart because I never thought to SR for them @ the time. And in the case of Giratina, I would rather wait until after beating the league to catch Giratina than to do it before since at that point I'b be able to import Master balls from emerald.

I saw a vid where a Ninjask kept using Protect after each Substitute, was it haxy or does the chance of using Protect go back to 100% after a substitute?

Hey guys. So I heard about these 2 rumors on the web that:

1. You're able to have another at catching Giratina again by going back to Turnback Cave if you didn't before.

2. I heard word on the web that in Platinum, you're able to re-battle every legendary until you catch them. I've read somewhere that this has been confirmed as true for the Legendary Trio, but not sure about the other legends in the game.

Can anyone confirm if either of these are true? I want to SR for Legendaries, especially for the ones that I missed out on in my diamond cart because I never thought to SR for them @ the time. And in the case of Giratina, I would rather wait until after beating the league to catch Giratina than to do it before since at that point I'b be able to import Master balls from emerald.
I know that rumor #1 is true, but I'm not sure about #2.
is lagging tail missing on shoddy, or is it like one of those extended clause items?
not an extended item, as it is available in the game.
I saw a vid where a Ninjask kept using Protect after each Substitute, was it haxy or does the chance of using Protect go back to 100% after a substitute?
it goes back to 100%

Thanks! I never thought of it that way, like duh, lol! Now with that being said, how many swords dances can Ninjask usually pull off? And should swords dance be used before or after Substitute? My plan is to get at least 1 swords dance up and then use Substitute/Protect to stall for SPD boost and then Baton Pass, my only concern is setting up that swords dance.

Thanks! I never thought of it that way, like duh, lol! Now with that being said, how many swords dances can Ninjask usually pull off? And should swords dance be used before or after Substitute? My plan is to get at least 1 swords dance up and then use Substitute/Protect to stall for SPD boost and then Baton Pass, my only concern is setting up that swords dance.
Swords Dance raises Atk two levels. The maximum level is 6, so you won't get any effect after 3 Swords Dances. Substitute should generally go first, as it eases prediction.

For the record, I'm pretty sure Detect, Protect AND Endure are the same in that you can't just spam them over and over to be invincible.

Swords Dance raises Atk two levels. The maximum level is 6, so you won't get any effect after 3 Swords Dances. Substitute should generally go first, as it eases prediction.

For the record, I'm pretty sure Detect, Protect AND Endure are the same in that you can't just spam them over and over to be invincible.

Thanks but that doesn't really answer my question, I allready knew how many times Swords dance stacks. What I'm asking is, how many times can a Ninjask usually pull it off before dying. I don't wanna swords dance 3 times if I die on the third turn and make my stradegy useless by not being able to Baton Pass.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Thanks but that doesn't really answer my question, I allready knew how many times Swords dance stacks. What I'm asking is, how many times can a Ninjask usually pull it off before dying. I don't wanna swords dance 3 times if I die on the third turn and make my stradegy useless by not being able to Baton Pass.
Ninjask has paper defences, so if you can set-up a single SD and baton pass it, it's already enough. Usually you should try to SD when behind the substitute (hoping for your opponent to switch or miss) and then baton pass the boost in the turn your opponent breaks the sub (hoping that he\she doesn't pack a pseudo hazer).

What are the best IVs for a Gengar that will give it the best HP Fire?
31 hp- 30 atk- 31 def- 30 sp.atk- 31 sp.def- 30 spd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)