Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Also, where do you get wide lens?
And Umm
either ShupFO is right and it's in the game corner.. though I think that was Zoom Lens, and Wide Lens are at the Battle Tower...
No i checked you get both the Zoom and wide ones there i have the zoom ones now and i haven't even finished the E4 yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat ShupFO
I have them too i think they are at Veilstone Game corner for 1k in game coins yeah I'm pretty sure!

Anyways...you guys were partially right i had put honey on a tree and got a cherubi and some random guy was ups for trading a burmy for it and i got a female one but it won't seem to breed with my pachirisu or torterra or turtwig? help guyz!

No i checked you get both the Zoom and wide ones there i have the zoom ones now and i haven't even finished the E4 yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat ShupFO
I have them too i think they are at Veilstone Game corner for 1k in game coins yeah I'm pretty sure!

Anyways...you guys were partially right i had put honey on a tree and got a cherubi and some random guy was ups for trading a burmy for it and i got a female one but it won't seem to breed with my pachirisu or torterra or turtwig? help guyz!
Burmy's a bug. Try breeding it with another bug. Even something like a Wurmple should work.

I see people that have there eggs hatched on strange, but funny places. For example a Umbreon on New Moon Island.

My question is how do they do it. I dont think that they hatch all there eggs on New Moon Island and it isn't possible to save before you get the egg, because the IV's will change.

Nutty, this involves soft/hard resetting with an AR. With the IV check code, you are able to check the IVs of eggs. Because of this, all you really need to do is save in front of the nature/gender/etc, you want and keep resetting til you get a good one. Then just hatch that egg wherever.

In trick room, will the slower pokemon using a priority move go first or will the naturally faster pokemon outspeed it if it also uses a Priority move?

In trick room, will the slower pokemon using a priority move go first or will the naturally faster pokemon outspeed it if it also uses a Priority move?
Trick Room only changes the turn order in each Priority bracket, so Priority moves will still go in their respective order, so since both pokemon used a Priority move and in that bracket the speeds have been reversed the slower Pokemon would go first

I have a question about Pokerus.

I know that it doubles the amount of EVs gained but to what extent.
Does is give 20 evs instead of 10 when an item like calcium is used?
What about when you use power items? Say I have a pokerus pokemon battling a gaslty with power lens equipped. Would I get 2 SpA EVs from battling it plus 8 from the lens?
Also does pokerus effect the amount the berries lower your EVs?

I have a question about Pokerus.

I know that it doubles the amount of EVs gained but to what extent.
Does is give 20 evs instead of 10 when an item like calcium is used?
What about when you use power items? Say I have a pokerus pokemon battling a gaslty with power lens equipped. Would I get 2 SpA EVs from battling it plus 8 from the lens?
Also does pokerus effect the amount the berries lower your EVs?
Pokerus doubles the EVs you get from battles, therefore is unaffected by vitamins or berries, it should be as your example says, but more like you get 1 S.Atk EV from Gastly and 4 S.Atk EVs from the power item and totaled to 5 then boosted to 10... same result... but yeah...

No, they add the 4 more EVs.

For example, you defeat a Geodude and gain 1 EV in defense, but since the Pokemon was holding the defense Power item (I forget the name), it gets 4 more, bringing the total amount of defense EVs gained to 5.

Edit: Beaten.

A better example would be killing a gyarados for 2 attavk evs, then getting a total of 6 with the power item for attack. I can see why you were confused.

I am in a bit of a predicament. I just hatched a naive Pichu with the following IVs:

31/6/30/31/31/31
HP ICE 70

I was going for naive to be able to use the mixed set, but as you can see the attack IV makes that an option that wouldn't benefit it. My question is this: should I treat this the same as a Timid Pichu when giving it an EV spread to possibly use the encore or special sweeper set, or should I shift EVs to boost that attack IV to still go for a mix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)