Data ASB Gym League Signup Thread MARK 2 [OP is finally up to date lol jk]

Woops I meant to do this yesterday.

Rechallenging Elevator Music since I'm a glutton for punishment. Also fixing the Grass queue I never updated after taking the last two matches.
Accepting deadfox081

3v3 Gym Singles
Hard 2 Day DQ (3 for refs)
3 Subs
All abilities
Items on
2 recoveries / 5 Chills
1 Mega
The ASB TournamentGrass-type Gym Arena

Surrounded by thousands of screaming Pokemon fansGrass-type Pokemon, the ASBGrass-type Gym Arena can be best described as a standard Pokemon battling arena. In the center of the arena lies a dirt-based floor outlined to show two separate sides (with a white Pokeball center). Surrounding the dirt is a moat filled with water. The moat is about fifteen feet wide and creates a perimeter around the dirt arena. The arena itself is eighty feet wide, one hundred feet long. All moves, weathers, and abilities are legal for the match, since it's an outdoor arena with a large water source and packed dirt. Pokemon must stay in the arena (or the dimensions of the arena in the case of Flying Pokemon, who cannot leave the arena and cannot fly higher than sixty feet). This prevents Pokemon from injuring the crowd watching the tournament. There are ALMOST no outside interruptions by fans, Pokemon, or other elements not associated with the current battle. However, the spectators are impatient and want to see a match. If a trainer hesitates excessively during the battle (read: goes over DQ), they will swarm and attack.

Summary:
- Standard rules
- If you go over DQ the spectators will brutally murder you. LOAs will be judged on a case-by-case basis, but don't push it.

current queue seems weird I'll try and sort it out when i get home?

TMan87

We shall bow to neither master nor god
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Accepting deadfox081

3v3 Gym Singles
3 Subs
All abilities
Items on
2 recoveries / 5 Chills
1 Mega

Surrounded by thousands of screaming Pokemon fansGrass-type Pokemon, the ASBGrass-type Gym Arena can be best described as a standard Pokemon battling arena. In the center of the arena lies a dirt-based floor outlined to show two separate sides (with a white Pokeball center). Surrounding the dirt is a moat filled with water. The moat is about fifteen feet wide and creates a perimeter around the dirt arena. The arena itself is eighty feet wide, one hundred feet long. All moves, weathers, and abilities are legal for the match, since it's an outdoor arena with a large water source and packed dirt. Pokemon must stay in the arena (or the dimensions of the arena in the case of Flying Pokemon, who cannot leave the arena and cannot fly higher than sixty feet). This prevents Pokemon from injuring the crowd watching the tournament. There are ALMOST no outside interruptions by fans, Pokemon, or other elements not associated with the current battle. However, the spectators are impatient and want to see a match. If a trainer hesitates excessively during the battle (read: goes over DQ), they will swarm and attack.

Summary:
- Standard rules
- If you go over DQ the spectators will brutally murder you. LOAs will be judged on a case-by-case basis, but don't push it.

current queue seems weird I'll try and sort it out when i get home?
Elevator Music deadfox081 you'll be my crash test gym reffing.
You must be so scared happy.
Send teams when you' re ready.
Also asking Toon to maybe keep an eye on the battle to make sure I do stuff correctly.

Toon

NOT A BUNNY!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Subrefs
-
No Ongoing Challenge
-
Ongoing Challenge
-

Bug
- N/A
Dark
- N/A
Dragon
- Quals Upcoming
Electric
- N/A
Fairy
- Closed
Fighting
- None
Fire
- Leader Toon VS epicdrill (unaccepted)
- Leader Toon VS PTPlatinum (unaccepted)
Flying
- N/A
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
- Leader Elevator Music VS JJayyfeather (unaccepted, Excess Challenge)
Ground
- Leader S0L1D G0LD vs. Gale Wing Srock (Unaccepted)
- None
Normal
- N/A
Poison
- Closed
Psychic
- Leader Gerard VS Exclaimer
Rock
- N/A
Steel
- Leader smashlloyd20 vs. Complications (Unaccepted, Excess Challenge)
- Leader smashlloyd20 vs. epicdrill (Unaccepted, Excess Challenge)
Water
- Closed

I will always tag deadfox081 Elevator Music smashlloyd20 to update le gym OP :III

also http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/fire-leader-toon-vs-challenger-yoshiblaze.3612109/

challenging Gerard

I don't know what the queue is
"Finally, a challenger had come to our home, we were feeling so lonely here, but we are happy now have company, yes, a friend. Come and stay dear friend. Come and stay here forever..."

5v5 Doubles
2 APR
2 Megas
All moves are usable
Outside Arena
Nighttime
Lunar Sea Spire

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Challenging deadfox081 of the Bug Gym.

Subrefs
-
No Ongoing Challenge
- Leader Toon VS epicdrill (Unaccepted)
- Leader Elevator Music vs JJayyFeather (Unaccepted)
- Leader deadfox081 vs JJayyFeather (Unaccepted)
Ongoing Challenge
-

Bug
- N/A
Dark
- Leader JJayyFeather vs Birkal (Unaccepted, Excess Challenge)
Dragon
- Closed
Electric
- N/A
Fairy
- Closed
Fighting
- None
Fire
Flying
- N/A
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
- N/A
Ground
Ice
- Closed
Normal
- N/A
Poison
- Closed
Psychic
- N/A
Rock
- N/A
Steel
Water
- Closed

Toon

NOT A BUNNY!
Accepting epicdrill and PTPlatinum

"Best of luck to y’all!."
Format: 3 v 3 Gym Singles (leader b6p3)
DQ: 2 Days, 1 Warnings (3 Days for Refs)
Substitutions: 3 per Pokemon
Switch: OK
Abilities: All
Items: On
Mega Evolutions: 1
Z-Moves: None
Recoveries / Chills: 2 / Infinite per Pokemon
Arena: Sacred Grove
Turn Order: Coin Flip

"You finally got accepted to challenge the Fire Gym! Hope you don't get lost!" One of the members of the Gym Committee smirks as he says this to you as they hand you the coordinates of the gym. Who even gets lost going to the a gym?

Following the instructions of the Gym League people, you rent a Gogoat, mount it and enter a strange forest. "Search for the Sound of Music", the instructions said.

"What a lousy advice. How can I find Music in these Woods?" - You say to yourself.

Still, you heard that the Fire Gym was an easy target, so you move on. Somewhere in the trail, you feel...weird, as if you were not there anymore...or as if "there" wasn't there anymore.

You and your rented Gogoat continue to move forward, following the trail. You can find footprints of many species...and yet you don't recognize any of them. Also, the woods seem to...shine? Despite being really late, there are enough sources of light around, allowing you to see your way quite clearly.

After a good hour, the trail divides into two. Before falling to despair, you manage to hear a faint sound. A song of sorts. Well...strap me a bow and call me Snubbull, music in the woods. You decide to follow it and in no time you find...

GAAAAHHH!!!

You yell, after seeing the such an odd kid. Needless to say, your Gogoat fled before you could say "what the fuck".

"Heheh, Are you looking for someone, big guy?" - The kid asks.

You look at the instructions and respond "I'm looking for a place called 'Sacred Gr-'"

The kid interrupts you, "Oh! You're here to fight the fire guy? This will be fun to watch, Tee Hee! Follow the music and look for a ruins, that'll lead you right to him!"

Before you could even thank him, he disappears in a blink of an eye. No point in wondering where the kid went, you're just ready to get your badge and never come back here again.

The music grow louder and louder and you finally spot hopefully the ruins that kid was talking about! You find the energy of excitement once again and run into the place. You shout desperately for the Gym Leader hoping you didn't waste many hours coming here with no battle.

"I'm coming, I'm coming! Jeez. Welcome to the Sacred Grove my friend! After traveling this far into the woods, you would think this was the Grass Gym huh? Well the first Fire Gym Leader tried to find this place to use it as his own arena, but unfortunately after about 14 battles he got tired of being lost in the woods and decided to go be the Ice Gym Leader. I decided to search for the temple he's been talking about since no one was too excited to help him out and what do you know! Sadly it is in ruins, but hey it's still a pretty place eh?"

You agree this place is pretty with all its shimmering greenery as well as the pixies and fairies adventuring through the woods, but at this point you don't care about his backstory and is ready to fight.

"Alright, I won't bore you any longer. Let's get this party started."

Immediately as those words leave his mouth, the fairies stopped what they were doing and became attracted to the temple.

"Looks like you got an audience to please. Don't fail to entertain them!"

Format: 3 v 3 Gym Singles (leader b6p3)
DQ: 2 Days, 1 Warnings (3 Days for Refs)
Substitutions: 3 per Pokemon
Switch: OK
Abilities: All
Items: On
Mega Evolutions: 1
Z-Moves: None
Recoveries / Chills: 2 / Infinite per Pokemon
Turn Order: Coin Flip

Effects:

-All resources are available here; Water, Grass, Rock, with the exception of Fissure, Hail, and Sand(unless they have their respective stones). Don't want to damage these ruins even more by leaving a gaping crack in the middle of it.
-Grassy Terrain is always up, if another terrain is summoned, they stack together....The temple is covered in greenery grass and flowery flowers. 'nuff said.
-Hazards may not be placed and Sport moves have their duration lowered by 3 actions The Gym Leader and the Fairy audience prefer you not to place down any hazardous objects like Rocks or dangerous spikes as a fairy may accidentally trigger them and get hurt in the process...You don't want to see a group of fairies be mad at you, you've seen what a Mega Gardevoir can do.
-No flinches with the exception for Fake Out The fairies fill the temple with energy, making your Pokemon more courageous and filled with high spirits. Not a lot of things can make them shudder.
-Every Pokemon can use Dazzling Gleam The fairies have seen some of the interesting battles the old Fire Leaders in the past have had and they want to be involved as well!
-Air Lock and Cloud Nine have no effect/disabledThe constant pressure in the air of these abilities make the fairies feel restricted and uncomfortable. They'll use their own magic to counter them to be free if they need to.
-Pokemon forced out by a Switch-Forcing Move or Red Card, the Pokemon's trainer can choose which Pokemon replaces it spot The fairies' last act of kindness for the Gym Leader and Challenger is using their powers to change the effects of certain moves and item to allow the trainers to be more free and choose their own path

Codifications:

-Camouflage makes the user Grass Type
-Nature Power calls Energy Ball

-Secret Power has a 30% chance to Burn

Last edited:
Hopefully this won't be too long of a wait...

Challenging Elevator Music of the Grass Gym!
Fight me, nerd.

3v3 Gym Singles
3 Subs
All abilities
Items on
2 recoveries / 5 Chills
1 Mega

Summary:
- Standard rules

Jayy: [2:57 PM] ououralouou: what's a fun gym that doesn't require counterteam
dark :>

Fine.
Challenging JJayyFeather of the Dark gym!

If you were joking
Please decline me.
I don't want to have my heart broken.

I think this is the queue:
Subrefs
-
No Ongoing Challenge
- Leader Toon VS epicdrill (Unaccepted)
- Leader Elevator Music vs JJayyFeather (Unaccepted)
- Leader JJayFeather vs Granny Pie (Unnacepted)
Ongoing Challenge
-

Bug
- N/A
Dark
Dragon
- Closed
Electric
- N/A
Fairy
- Closed
Fighting
- None
Fire
Flying
- N/A
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
- N/A
Ground
Ice
- Closed
Normal
- N/A
Poison
- Closed
Psychic
- N/A
Rock
- N/A
Steel
Water
- Closed

Toon

NOT A BUNNY!
Subrefs
-
No Ongoing Challenge
- Leader Toon VS epicdrill (accepted)
Ongoing Challenge
-

Bug
Dark
- Leader JJayFeather vs Granny Pie (Unnacepted, excess)
Dragon
- Closed
Electric
- N/A
Fairy
- Closed
Fighting
- None
Fire
- N/A
Flying
- N/A
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
- N/A
Ground
Ice
- Closed
Normal
- N/A
Poison
- Closed
Psychic
- N/A
Rock
- N/A
Steel
Water
- Closed
[/quote]

Accepting JJayyFeather. Arena and rules in the OP. Please note megas = zero now

Subrefs
-
No Ongoing Challenge
- Leader Toon VS epicdrill (accepted)
Ongoing Challenge
- Leader deadfox081 vs JJayyFeather

Bug
N/A
Dark
Dragon
- Closed
Electric
- N/A
Fairy
- Closed
Fighting
- None
Fire
- N/A
Flying
- N/A
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
- N/A
Ground
Ice
- Closed
Normal
- N/A
Poison
- Closed
Psychic
- N/A
Rock
- N/A
Steel
Water
- Closed

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
According to the OP I am still the Ice Gym Leader and given that Ooraloo is facing some issues and I don't see anyone else ready to take over...

Accepting two more challengers for Ice Gym. First come first serve. One spot goes for people who never challenged Ice Gym (the other is first-come first-serve open for all).

I am bored.

Well, it's about time that I start involving myself with other gyms.

Challenging Frosty of the Ice Gym.

Subrefs
-
No Ongoing Challenge
- Leader Frosty vs S0L1D G0LD (Unaccepted)
Ongoing Challenge

Bug
N/A
Dark
Dragon
- Closed
Electric
- N/A
Fairy
- Closed
Fighting
- None
Fire
- N/A
Flying
- N/A
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
- N/A
Ground
Ice
- Closed
Normal
- N/A
Poison
- Closed
Psychic
- N/A
Rock
- N/A
Steel
Water
- Closed

Also, Gale Wing Srock , I feel obligated to tell you that I haven't been intentionally neglecting your challenge. I have been trying to talk with the gym committee for about 2 1/4 months now regarding patching up the syntax errors in my arena, and the discussion has been stalled for a while now. Nevertheless, if I don't get an answer soon, I'll accept your challenge with my arena's current state.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
accepting S0L1D G0LD

Battle Settings:
3 v 3 Gym Singles
4 Day DQ
0 Chill/Recovery
0 Mega Evolution
Arena = Snowpeak Ruins
Items = On
Abilities = One
Switch = OK
Subs: 3
Free-Edit Period: 1 hour
Challenger sends out first.
Blanket Ban on any ref with 400UC or more not named Toon.

1 open-for-all slot left

Subrefs
-
No Ongoing Challenge
- Leader Frosty vs S0L1D G0LD
Ongoing Challenge

Bug
N/A
Dark
Dragon
- Closed
Electric
- N/A
Fairy
- Closed
Fighting
- None
Fire
- N/A
Flying
- N/A
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
- N/A
Ground
Ice
- N/A
Normal
- N/A
Poison
- Closed
Psychic
- N/A
Rock
- N/A
Steel
Water
- Closed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)