As most of you have probably noticed...

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
From reading previous mafia games, it seems that the only way you can prevent the village leader system from being optimal is to make sure that each player has an individual goal that is partly shared by other people but not identical. Mekkah's TCG game was an excellent example of this; by giving each player a different win condition, each player was obligated to play for themselves. While "playing for themselves" may have turned into alliances, each player was still concentrating on their own condition.

I honestly don't see how you can make a simple 1v1 or 1v2 game without a village leader popping up.

Daenym's last game did a pretty good job. Admittedly, it probably tilted the game too far in the favour of the mafia (well, the neutrals), but it succeeded in decentralizing the village's power; it was nearly impossible for a single person to lead the village without putting themselves at major risk or being made useless if they had a role (since BG also hooked his target) while also wasting the village's hook. If someone did want to make a 1v1 or 2v1 that reduced the power of the village leader, that game would be a good place to start.

I may take the BG hooking its target for a future game. A way around though is for a pure mayor or another player with no night role to take leadership of the villager. Also a kill that bypass' the BG could also semi-combat the situation.

Crux

Banned deucer.
I am currently designing a 2v1 that should essentially destroy the village leader system and force the village to make some really tough plays, so stay tuned for that!

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I hate to bump this thread, but Smogon is in another slump in terms of mafia games. Seeing a lack of a standard game in almost a month,is a bit unsettling for me. I know that there are a few individuals (like 1 or 2), other than myself who have a game in the works, but I was wondering if anyone else is planning on making a game within the near future.

I know it's that time of year, when finals and crap roll around, so I understand as to why this part of Smogon may be dead. Like I said 2 sentences ago, I basically want to know what's in the works. It's easier for me to gauge interest that way, since I know a few people would love to play in my upcoming game. However, the number of people that still take authentic interest in playing mafia has been dwindling as I have noticed of late, so I was wondering what could be done to alleviate that, especially after the bad taste of some of the more recent mafia games.

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
is a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Ditto and I are designing a relatively traditional beginner, but both of us are crazy busy and probably won't be able to launch it until mid-June.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)